• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2010-12-07b.188.0

In such areas, as with seated areas, there are designated spaces for each fan, and there are barriers between rows, preventing surging, pushing or jostling. Individual fans can be easily identified if they are causing trouble, because they are limited to their own individual spaces. Thus, the key reasons why Lord Taylor recommended seating can also all be met with safe standing

So its not a return to the old terracing and the costs will be be of little difference to seats

There was nothing better than to stand in the North bank, back in the day, as the youngers say, the atmospere at the hall was 100 x better then, i remember the 1st season when the lego brick stand was built and we all had to sit down, what an absolute bummer, the atmosphere just died.

There was nothing better than to stand in the North bank, back in the day, as the youngers say, the atmospere at the hall was 100 x better then, i remember the 1st season when the lego brick stand was built and we all had to sit down, what an absolute bummer, the atmosphere just died.

Yeah the atmosphere in the North Bank when we played Halifax Town in March 1986 was electric, never heard such a roar when Frank Lampard scored. There must have been nearly 200 people in the North Bank that night & I swear at least 30 of us were singing. The crowd that night was 1,006 bring back the good old days!

Mind you compare that to the night we played Wigan in 1988 only a 5,003 crowd but the cheer from the North Bank (and the rest of the ground) when we scored our 3rd after being 2-0 down was to this day one of the loudest I have ever heard at Roots Hall.

On the whole I would agree with you the atmosphere at Roots Hall was much better when it had terracing, but there is nothing to stop all the singers gathering in one place, its just that people have become used to having their own seat and do not wish to move. I know some have moved over to the Blue Voice section and the atmosphere has improved especially as they seem to be allowed to stand up.

Good article.. I am off to see Dortmund play at home to Freiburg in a few weeks. I couldnt get a ticket on the Sudtribune as its all season ticket, and had to beg for days just to get a few tickets together... German Football is still relatively cheap, attracts huge crowds and you can drink plenty of beer

I hate sitting down at football

Yeah the atmosphere in the North Bank when we played Halifax Town in March 1986 was electric, never heard such a roar when Frank Lampard scored. There must have been nearly 200 people in the North Bank that night & I swear at least 30 of us were singing. The crowd that night was 1,006 bring back the good old days!

Mind you compare that to the night we played Wigan in 1988 only a 5,003 crowd but the cheer from the North Bank (and the rest of the ground) when we scored our 3rd after being 2-0 down was to this day one of the loudest I have ever heard at Roots Hall.

On the whole I would agree with you the atmosphere at Roots Hall was much better when it had terracing, but there is nothing to stop all the singers gathering in one place, its just that people have become used to having their own seat and do not wish to move. I know some have moved over to the Blue Voice section and the atmosphere has improved especially as they seem to be allowed to stand up.

Reason we have been allowed to stand up is we have worked hard to build a relationship with Dave Jobson (stadium manager) who has allowed us to continue standing

Strange as it may sound, even the tiny gates of the 80's didnt lack atmosphere as fans tend to gather together. There is far too much 'big brother' around and the 'no standing rule' is one of them The problem is that the longer it goes on people take it as normal. There is no comparison. We need a standing area behind the goal. If the Club doesnt have the will to sort it in the North stand, then take the seats out of the Lower South. Wont happen of course!!

Back