• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Sam Dalby signs

Good signing I would say - 21 years old and I think he could work well with Rhys. Not fussed about goalscoring record - he is probably another 6/7 years off his peak (possibly longer than that if a Corr-type player) and should improve each year. Still need another striker I feel but a good move forward.

Looks like a great signing, potentially. Definitely adds something different to the front line - and on paper exactly what we need. Could be a big player for us this year.

Stockport and Woking are laughing there heads off at us!!! Prove them wrong hopefully

Reality check. We are in no position to sign an in his prime proven goal scorer, which is what we really need. Hence we sign old timers past their best or take a chance on rejected youngsters who have failed to live up to their early promise. It's the best we can do because of years of decline and mismanagement. We can't compete with Stockport, Wrexham or even Chesterfield, Torquay, Notts County and othe ex EFL clubs in the transfer market.

Exactly this. Players find the right club and it all falls in place for them
100%. A certain Lee Barnard is a great case-in-point. Look at his record before he joined us.

Screenshot_20210728-120301_Chrome.jpg

People seem to forget that loans aren't always beneficial for a young player. It can take a permanent move for first team football for them to settle and find their feet.

Reality check. We are in no position to sign an in his prime proven goal scorer, which is what we really need. Hence we sign old timers past their best or take a chance on rejected youngsters who have failed to live up to their early promise. It's the best we can do because of years of decline and mismanagement. We can't compete with Stockport, Wrexham or even Chesterfield, Torquay, Notts County and othe ex EFL clubs in the transfer market.
Indeed, hopefully we get a balance between the two which is what I think we are getting

I would say that 15 in 19 in Watford's Under 23s isn't too shabby! Shows there is a foundation of talent there. Interesting comments here from an Orient support from the Football Forum, The Terminator said:

"I’ll never forget when our old idiot owners back in 2016 basically made our management play Dalby when he was just 16 years old. For a kid of that age, he had talent but it was clearly too early for him. He scored on his debut and IMO he was forced to play from that moment onwards, he showed the odd bit of talent but it was a good example of not putting youngsters in too early.

A shame not to see him press on, I always thought with a bit of time he’d do well enough in the game."

Well he is only 21 with football league experience. If he is going to be paired with Murphy and that is the plan (?), then he is the "large" in a classic little and large combo. The classic Toshack and Keegan Combo of the 70s didn't see Tosh heading the goal scoring charts, nor did another classic target man, Joe Jordan and the same goes for our own Barry Corr, but they all did enough to prove a handful for defences and created chances for others, chipping in with respectable tallies. If Sam can follow in that trend, I won't be disappointed, but give him a chance first and don't forget, PB got a good goal scoring performance coupled with BBBC's other undoubted qualities.

We could have a late developing gem here!!

Back