• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Sam Dalby signs

No but they did ??
Think I'll wait and see what he's like for us. I'm assuming the manager rates the guy so that will do for me at the moment. I don't actually give a toss what other teams' supporters think and it seems to me that he could be out to prove a point against both.

Ah, right. Did you see him play often last season?
No but they did ??
Think I'll wait and see what he's like for us. I'm assuming the the manager rates the guy so that will do for me at the moment. I don't actually give a toss what other teams' supporters think and it seems to me that he could be out to prove a point against both.
hope so

Stockport and Woking are laughing there heads off at us!!! Prove them wrong hopefully

Imagine what we would of said to Plymouth fans when they signed Freddie Ladapo from us.

I get it, it's easy to do triangular theories when it comes to football. But it never really works out in reality like that.

The obvious examples are Barry Corr, record really wasn't up to much before joining us. Also when we first loaned Joe Pigott he got pelters on here.

Sam has probably never really had a firm arm around the shoulder and been settled. When at Orient he would have had a plethora of smoke blown up his *** cause the club knew they could cash in on him. Had to move upsticks to Leeds in a completely alien enviroment, then gets dragged back down to Watford, then shoved out on crappy little loans where he would have been put up in shoddy digs.

This is the probably the first time in his career he has stability and direction. A 2 year deal with a club in a project, a gaffer who admires his talent, a point to prove being back in non-league. And most importantly, being back home in the south east.

I think this a smart, calculated signing with many potential upsides.

Stats are a bit underwhelming on paper, but I’m pretty happy with this one.

Good size and has obviously shown good potential in the past. I trust Phil that he’s seen qualities in him that will make him a good fit for us.

Worth remembering that he’s only 21 and still learning. He’s also had 6 clubs in 5 years and has spent that time bouncing around between London, Yorkshire, Lancashire, Hertfordshire, Manchester and Surrey.

Sometimes all a player needs to thrive is to put down some proper roots and he’ll be doing that, close to home too. Could be the making of him.

According to wikipedia he is left footed and stile is similar to Harry Kane that's something to live up to

I remember this lad from his game at RH. Looked really good with a some outstanding finishing.

Failed with at a big club when he was young....Just like Stan, Freddy and Barny.

If it was someone with 30 goals for Maldon the same 'underwhelmed' posters would be wetting themselves. History proves your better with a lad who has played higher but needs a bit of luck/confidence to kickstart their potential.

Back