• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Sam Dalby signs

I’d have expected this to mean that Kargbo is going back to QPR, but is that not him behind Dalby in his video interview that the club have tweeted?
If truth be told we probably need four strikers and I'm assuming those under the impression we are trying to move Sim on have some info they are basing that on.

Article from The Athletic about Dalby from a couple of years back, sounds like a good character.

https://theathletic.com/1336849/201...or-first-team-test/?source=emp_shared_article

Let's not forget he was in a totally chaotic Orient side as a 16-year-old, then in a Woking side that was really struggling at the end of last season, with no relegation and possibly players furloughed.
Another interesting quote, again talking about his ability to find space and time on the pitch.

“I saw a lot of him coming through the youth ranks and from very early on, it was clear he could play a lot higher,” McAnuff tells The Athletic.“He always seemed to find time on the pitch — he would glide. He was very intelligent, grounded and confident. He played with maturity and he was never phased by anything.”

If truth be told we probably need four strikers and I'm assuming those under the impression we are trying to move Sim on have some info they are basing that on.
Yes, I believe (have heard) that Sim is perhaps not in PB's thinking for whatever reason and if an opportunity to move him on comes along and it works for all parties, then a move will be facilitated.

I personally don't agree with that and think we should be keeping Sim. But I'm not in charge.

There's a Dalby stereo system playing on the Zone at the moment. If you listen to one speaker, it's full of woe - 2 goals in 38 first team starts. In the other speaker (the one I'm listening to), are his youth and U23 stats (and he's still only 21) - a hatrick against RB Leipzig for Watford U23s, 4 in 6 games for Leeds U23s, 11 goals in 19 for Orient U18s... I think there's a real possibility this is going to prove a great signing. Welcome, Sam!
Better watch out in case Leo Roget is still wandering around in last year's away kit waiting for us to play Barnet again.

Yes, I believe (have heard) that Sim is perhaps not in PB's thinking for whatever reason and if an opportunity to move him on comes along and it works for all parties, then a move will be facilitated.

I personally don't agree with that and think we should be keeping Sim. But I'm not in charge.
Attempting to make the best use of all available resources is part of managing especially when the budget is limited.
I think we could do a lot worse than keep SimAk.

I don't know to much about this guy if I'm honest. Good to sufc bring in striker and the fact he 21, dolby will have the hunger to succeed. Still feel another striker is needed, someone on loan will do.

Even if he doesn't score if he knows how to hold the ball up he could be invaluable in this league, Brown had Dieng doing it when he came in and it worked well.

People saying about negativity, at the end of the day we will have to judge him based on what he does for us and can only get behind him......BUT

if we were offered an anonymous striker but told his record is 2 goals in 38 games, you could be forgiven for being underwhelmed.

Time will tell

FWIW I feel Matt Rush is still a better prospect and deserves to be a starter to see what he can do with a run of games.

I like Matt Rush and he has a great attitude. Dropped far to early last season for missing a good chance, at least PB could see the potential.

There are people on here who have watched the youths far more than me but having seen Kelman Rush and Dru at 17....Sam Dalby was better than all of them.

Obviously things have not gone as expected since but Ricky D will know everything about this lad....Thats good enough for me.

Even if he doesn't score if he knows how to hold the ball up he could be invaluable in this league, Brown had Dieng doing it when he came in and it worked well.
Yeah, but can you imagine the stick he'll get from the crowd that cannot see past the goals scored stats?

I like this signing...... 21 year old with a point to prove! If he can take his goalscoring record from youth level to senior then we have a very good striker on are hands.

Back