• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Sam Dalby signs

I will add my name to the "very pleased" column.

As has been said, it is not just about goals - it is about partnerships up front & bringing in other players who get opportunities - same with Barry Corr who would create problems for the opposing defence & midfielders could profit.

Obviously I haven't seen much live footie in the last year or so but I could see a scenario where Murphy & Dalby create just the right circumstances for Akinola to find space & time with the ball.

I'm another one who's disappointed not to see Eren Kinali being given more of a chance so far in pre season. He could quite easily be our new Will Atkinson this season. He really shone in those few months towards the end of the 19-20 season. He was energetic, hard working and a real team player.
Eren Kinali was injured at the start of pre-season. He played three-quarters of the game for the U23s against Bowers & Pitsea last night, but I'd say he's still working his way back to full fitness. Once he is fully fit, I'd certainly like to see him given more of an opportunity, and you're right to identify those attributes.

I'm another one who's disappointed not to see Eren Kinali being given more of a chance so far in pre season. He could quite easily be our new Will Atkinson this season. He really shone in those few months towards the end of the 19-20 season. He was energetic, hard working and a real team player.
Yes, I think kinali is talent to. Was shocked MM didn't use him at all in league games last season. Maybe not playing at all last season in the first team has hampered his development.

Sim has been one of the front runners in training in terms of fitness, sprints etc.. He’s happy here and wants to stay, and has impressed PB so far in pre season. I’ll be very surprised to see him leave, but we shall see.
I’m really pleased about this. I put a lot of faith in Moley’s posts and this feels like a new signing to me as I thought he’d be going and would make us pay in another NL team.

I’m looking forward to this signing, could be a right bargain, got the right build for this league and will cause many a problem for defences.
You can say that any player that costs nothing is a bargain. Can’t believe that the manager thinks that a striker that has no goal scoring record is an ideal fit for our forward line. There is a reason that Stockport, Wrexham, Chesterfield and Notts County, among others have invested heavily on proven strikers.

You can say that any player that costs nothing is a bargain. Can’t believe that the manager thinks that a striker that has no goal scoring record is an ideal fit for our forward line. There is a reason that Stockport, Wrexham, Chesterfield and Notts County, among others have invested heavily on proven strikers.
Is that so they can miss out on promotion to the likes of Sutton, Barrow, Hartlepool and Harrogate?

Spending big is no guarantee of success, we know this as well as any other club

we've got a mix, some experience and some youth. I wouldn't be either shocked or disappointed to see a grizzled veteran target man join to help the youngsters a bit. depends on Akinola as well probably

Forced into an appalling situation at the worst point in the club’s history. But that’s enough about you lot…hiiiyooooo!

Would love to give a proper scouting report, but the truth is I haven’t seen him play for five years, so most of what was quoted earlier in the thread applies. Was nowhere near ready for first team football when he was chucked in and possibly still isn’t. Would say that it’s an excellent move for him, but the payoff might be a slow one for the club.

His strengths were his close control and his finishing. Loves a calm stroke into the bottom corner rather than blasting it. Brings other players into the game by accepting the ball to feet with his back to goal and spreading the play wide intelligently.

Has height, but had neither the know how nor the physicality to use it. I’d hope that he’s filled out and grown into his man-strength a bit, because he has a comparatively slight frame for someone of his height. Not much in the way of pace either.

I’d say that a Harry Kane comparison, stylistically at least, is pretty apt. Wish Sam all the best.

Sim has been one of the front runners in training in terms of fitness, sprints etc.. He’s happy here and wants to stay, and has impressed PB so far in pre season. I’ll be very surprised to see him leave, but we shall see.
Encouraging

Has he been pulling up trees? Might want to set him to work on the new stadium site if so.

No, he has been "running through walls" ............. *

* feel free to add any of the other daft, inexplicable phrases that are used ..........

Whilst I agree and appreciate he’s been injured a bit, he was nowhere near it against Bowers IMO. Hope he gets going as I like him but he’s gonna be some way behind based on that performance

Back