• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Sam Dalby signs

we will have to wait and see look at freddie ladapo nothing for us then player of the season for plymouth and then big sell on to rotherham . so welcome to the mighty blues sam hope you have a good season . just ignore the moaning ****s on here

Don’t give a **** what Stockport or tinpot Woking think of this kid. He has potential and is young. Next to Murphy it could just be the move he needs. If PB thinks he can do a job then let’s give the lad a chance. Look at the grief some gave Woodrow, not done bad since his loan spell with us. We can’t afford the Mullens and Quigleys and it take more than big money signings to be successful. As fans and now back in the stadiums we need to get behind this group of players, it may take time as well but let’s get behind them

This was the most insightful comment from the Woking fans' site, mixed in with a few poor-old-Southend...

"I think, with a change of attitude and some additional strength/experience, there’s probably a decent footballer there.
"He was the wrong player at the wrong time for us - but he looked technically good and if he could play to his build (and actually hold off challenges/win headers), he might end up having a decent career".

Suggests promise, albeit with a bit more muscle needed when it matters.

Sam Dalby will add a different dimension to the club’s strike-force.

The 21-year-old striker completed a move to Blues this morning.

And manager Phil Brown believes he will provide an alternative threat than what is already in his squad.

"It’s not just slightly different, I think there’s a massive difference," said Brown. "There’s all types of number nine’s [in football].

"It’s not just big man, little man. It’s hold up players, it’s physical stature, it’s pace, it’s awareness.

"Sam’s got a quality experienced player that will be playing alongside him in some of the games, in Rhys Murphy, but also a younger one in Matt Rush who has got innovation coming out of his ears.

"He’s a different type and we’re not finished yet. Put it this way, when I joined the club the team had scored 24 goals in twice as many games. That was the reason for the relegation if truth be known.

"Now we’re recruiting goalscorers, it’s as simple as that.

"If we can get 24 goals out of one player, let alone a full team, then we’ve got a chance of doing something this year.

"But I don’t want to put that kind of pressure on young shoulders. Rhys Murphy can accept that readily, but where Sam Dalby is concerned, his challenge is to find his career and hopefully we can be that platform.”

Having brought in his seventh summer signing, Brown is now looking towards doing more business before the start of the season.

"I’m still looking for maybe another one on the frontline, if not in the wide areas,” he added.

"At this moment in time we’ve only really got Walshy and Terrell Egbri.

"I’m looking to see if we can get someone in the wide areas, possibly a 7, a 10 and an 11 who can play in all three positions.

"If not, a little bit more pressure on Sam Dalby and bring in another number nine.

"So it’s the business end of the pitch that I’m still looking at."

Seems that Sim and ANG aren’t part of the plans which is a shame but at least we know now

Glad hes still looking at more strikers. And varied ones for different situations, and to give each other a bit of competition.

Its almost like how a proper football team does it ?

Sim has been one of the front runners in training in terms of fitness, sprints etc.. He’s happy here and wants to stay, and has impressed PB so far in pre season. I’ll be very surprised to see him leave, but we shall see.
That’s good to hear I think sun could be good in this division

Sim has been one of the front runners in training in terms of fitness, sprints etc.. He’s happy here and wants to stay, and has impressed PB so far in pre season. I’ll be very surprised to see him leave, but we shall see.
Why hasn’t he been involved in the games?

Interesting ?

Surprised he never mentions him then, at all.

Any word on ANG, Moley? Or is it pretty obvious the conclusion to that one..

"At this moment in time we’ve only really got Walshy and Terrell Egbri.

"I’m looking to see if we can get someone in the wide areas, possibly a 7, a 10 and an 11 who can play in all three positions.

What about Bridge, Nathaniel-George and Kinali?
Bridge might play centrally but he's an option out wide too.

@Moley - what has happened to Harry Phillips and Jon Benton?

With sim he could be useful player for us but not as number 9..... personally I would play sim either on left of 4 man midfielder in 442 or left of 3 upfront in 433.

Back