• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Sayers signs for Tottenham

Probably has plenty of potential but from what I have seen in all the games he played this season I am staggered these clubs are in for him.

Good luck though to him.
He’s 17! And the fact that he has played in a number of first team games in the National League says a lot.

I didn’t think he looked the greatest but who has for the past 3 years for us. However I am not a coach, a scout or anyone who really has a clue about football. Had I known at the times of seeing him play that he was 17 I’d probably be a little more impressed because he played like someone older.

Good luck to the lad, his success will only end up with us reaping the benefits.

Probably has plenty of potential but from what I have seen in all the games he played this season I am staggered these clubs are in for him.

Good luck though to him.
In a men's team very early in his career though. A few years bulking up and developing with Spurs would be of far more value to him I reckon and help him to max out his potential. No brainer for club and player.

He’s 17! And the fact that he has played in a number of first team games in the National League says a lot.

I didn’t think he looked the greatest but who has for the past 3 years for us. However I am not a coach, a scout or anyone who really has a clue about football. Had I known at the times of seeing him play that he was 17 I’d probably be a little more impressed because he played like someone older.

Good luck to the lad, his success will only end up with us reaping the benefits.

I never knew he was 17 when he jogged out at Solihull as he certainly looks older. Within 10 minutes from the KO I did txt some Shrimpers who didn't travel that we had a player after watching him carefully.

When he made his home debut v Eastleigh because of the pitch invasion he had to leave the pitch in hurry and headed towards the tunnel head down. Our bench, the players and most people in the East barely said a word. I thought that a real shame for a 17 year old on debut when we have won and kept a clean sheet.

That aside lets hope he has good advise and a level head. Lets not forget the likes of bridge trained with Bournemouth when they were in the PL. There is a big step from potential to success for any young sportsman.

I never knew he was 17 when he jogged out at Solihull a she certainly looks older. Within 10 minutes from the KO I did txt some Shrimpers who didn't travel that we had a player after watching him carefully.

When he made his home debut v Eastleigh because of the pitch invasion he had to leave the pitch in hurry and headed towards the tunnel head down. Our bench, the players and most people in the East barely said a word. I thought that a real shame for a 17 year old on debut when we have won and kept a clean sheet.

That aside lets hope he has good advise and a level head. Lets not forget the likes of bridge trained with Bournemouth when they were in the PL. There is a big step from potential to success for any young sportsman.
Ted smith 3 matches for southampton reserves, watched his 3 matches on southampton site.

I read about this the other day and apparently it’s something Man U also do. They call it the Pro Experience and they send some of their youngsters to the likes of Forest Green and Wimbledon for 2 weeks to train with the first team squad to get a taste of the professional game.

But we could sell the stadium, training ground and other high value assets.....oh wait.

How much will the scrap metal get us?
When will people get it. Ron didn't sell those assets. Those assets were mortgaged to the hilt by Vic Jobson when the club was skint. Much as some people hate to hear it, Ron took on the debt and kept the club afloat. No I'm not Ron and Ron has a lot to answer for over the past few years, but I wish people would stop trundling out this codswallop.

When will people get it. Ron didn't sell those assets. Those assets were mortgaged to the hilt by Vic Jobson when the club was skint. Much as some people hate to hear it, Ron took on the debt and kept the club afloat. No I'm not Ron and Ron has a lot to answer for over the past few years, but I wish people would stop trundling out this codswallop.
Ron didn't take on the debt. SEL did, funded by Delancey.

Ron didn't take on the debt. SEL did, funded by Delancey.
I wasn't trying to suggest Ron wrote any personal cheques, the point being the club did not own either RH or B&L when Ron and/or the companies he was/is involved with took over.

Banks buy mortgages intending to make profit, same as Ron took those assets on in an attempt to make profit. You're delusional if you think he did it for another reason.

You can't hold the lad back, though, if he's good enough for a Prem club, why in the hell didn't he play in our first team.

Good club with one of the best managers in the world, he can only improve.

Back