• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

scott spencer

james_c

First XI
how did he not get motm on saturday he worked his socks off revell style. as well as skining there full backs on both sides . even at on moment i recall winning us a throw up there end for his hard work i was so impressed with him would rather him up front though think hed get 20 goals easy. as for cocc he was jus awful would rather me i think.

For me he works very hard but lacks a cutting edge. That could be due to form or confidence, as well as partially due to midfielders understanding what is the right kind of service to give him, but I fear he also lacks a bit of quality in his shooting/passing...

I cant see what all the fuss is about Spencer.. all hair no trousers in my opinion
Love his effort and running, but not sure he has a footballing brain

Spencer will score goals, there's no doubt about that in my mind.

He worked extremely hard yesterday, there were a couple of times he chose the wrong option but hopefully he'll work on that and put it right.

He was very unlucky with his attempted lob just before half time which would have been a great goal.

Yeah Spencer was decent. As for Corr he didn't have the best of games but he held the ball up well and I think if we give him a few games he should do a decent job this year.

Spencer looks like a poodle i once had when i let him loose over the field, puts the effort in but lacks quality and very lightweight I.M.O.
Don't think he will score many.

Watching his body language before kick off he seems to be confident, strutting around with his chest puffed out.

If he is played in his natural position up front he can be a threat running into the channels. I don't understand how some people on here think he will get 15-20 goals. 10 is a more realistic target.

how did he not get motm on saturday he worked his socks off revell style. as well as skining there full backs on both sides . even at on moment i recall winning us a throw up there end for his hard work i was so impressed with him would rather him up front though think hed get 20 goals easy. as for cocc he was jus awful would rather me i think.

The Man of the Match award is chosen by whoever is the match day sponsor. So it's normally a dippy blonde that fancies that player.... Remember once last season Simon Francis had a shocking game but got man of the match. And low and behold at the end of the game some blonde gave him his champagne.

One game in and you're slagging the new players already - top support mate.
Barry Corr will do a job for us - this is league two and we are skint remember?

Play Scott in his stongest position, give him service he requires.... he will score...... Simples!!*!

Barry Corr will do a job for us

TBH though, what are you basing that assumption on? I've not seen enough of him to make a judgement either way. He may turn out to be a great player for us, but the flipside is, he could be pants. Only time will tell

how did he not get motm on saturday he worked his socks off revell style.

I'm not questioning his work rate but he needs to be playing in the right position and that is up top with a big man to play off. If Sturrock is going to persist with 4-3-3 Spencer shouldn't be starting, either Hall or Zaaboub should be left side.

Personally I wouldn't have given Spencer MotM, for me it was either Granty or Barker.

TBH though, what are you basing that assumption on? I've not seen enough of him to make a judgement either way. He may turn out to be a great player for us, but the flipside is, he could be pants. Only time will tell

To be fair, there's been an awful lot of snap judgements of players as of late... none less so than our goalscorer yesterday. As for Corr, judging from what I've seen of him so far, against West Ham and Stockport, he's more than capable of fulfilling that targetman role for us.

To be fair, there's been an awful lot of snap judgements of players as of late... none less so than our goalscorer yesterday. As for Corr, judging from what I've seen of him so far, against West Ham and Stockport, he's more than capable of fulfilling that targetman role for us.

Coming to the conclusion that someone is crap after seeing two games is possibly/probably a bit short-sighted. However, coming to the conclusion that someone will do a good job after seeing 2 games is just as short-sighted.

I'll reserve my judgement for the time being.

The Man of the Match award is chosen by whoever is the match day sponsor. So it's normally a dippy blonde that fancies that player.... Remember once last season Simon Francis had a shocking game but got man of the match. And low and behold at the end of the game some blonde gave him his champagne.

The dippy blonde that made Simon Francis Man of the Match actually could give all you blokes a run for your money on football knowledge. She attends all the home and away matches and for what its worth she wanted to make Scott Spencer MOTM yesterday but was overuled.

For me he works very hard but lacks a cutting edge.

Personally, I feel he lacked the cutting edge because he was out on the wing, wingers aren't usually the top goal scorers. Given the chance up front I feel confident that he could partner Corr to good effect, one who can win the ball in the air, and one who likes to run off the shoulder of the defence.

However I'm not the manager.. so my opinion means nothing!

Back