• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Watermill Wino

Coach Guru⭐
Met Scott Spencer last night at the Echo Sports Awards at Billericay Town last night and what a smashing advert for Southend United.
Asked if was going to stay he said he loves it down here, "I've settled here easily and would love to stay, there's some great lads here and its good fun".
When asked if he's has been offered a contract he replied, No! but it's not end of season yet so hopefully I'll hear something soon.

Asked did he feel being so young at Everton that he was swayed by bad habits and ego to as why it went so cool for him.
He said it was a fair comment and probably true that I got a bit big headed and at 17 thought I was the bees knees. I've grown up alot since then and know what I want. To play football and score goals.

Not wanting to finish it there I asked a few Wino Questions.
Who is the funniest player?
Pat Baldwin? He makes me crease up, when he jump in to header a ball and shouts in a high pitched voice Pat Baldwin's ball it absolutely kills me.

On Sir Adam of Barrett'
An Absolute gentleman and a real pro, has time for everyone and a great Team /club captain.

On Vernon?
He' quite easy to play along with, he's great at holding up the ball and playing me in.

Favorite Goal.
The one at Huddersfield and the fans reaction was electric.

Any superstitions?
No!
But come to think about it since I've been down here I warm up before a match with long bottoms (Jogging bottoms) on. I never did that before.
Feeling he was holding back I asked anything else?

Come to mention it I put on my left sock on first then right then left boot..

With that I let Screech ( He' loves the nickname) go and said we'll be cheering on Saturday for the lads Which he said they would appreciate.
As he went he said hopefully you can cheer for me as I might make it back for Southampton.:clap:

Fantastic lad and hope he gets a contract very soon.

Last edited:
Great to hear, a player who really wants to play for us! I really hope he get offered a long contract! Really skillful, and I think he will be having a laugh next season in League 2! And has no trouble this season in putting in some descent performances. I am a big fan!

I think with a decent run out he and Pato will bang 'em in and fire us to promotion.

Would still like to see a big name and proven striker come in though.

Tilly/Ron, sign him immediately!!

Have been saying for a while that Scotty could have 'that something' and as others have said with the right front man alongside I think he could be a top striker for League 1/2.
Here's hoping Tilly can get Ron to sign him up quick before we miss out.:'(
Would be great if he can make it back for St. Mary's too!:)

Am i the only one who can see the headlines..

"We tried everything but at the end of the day Scott chose Morecambe over us for footballing reasons,and we could not agree wages"

Hope i am wrong though, good little player

Great to hear, a player who really wants to play for us! I really hope he get offered a long contract! Really skillful, and I think he will be having a laugh next season in League 2! And has no trouble this season in putting in some descent performances. I am a big fan!

Wouldnt go that far Dave! but hes certainly shown promise that's for sure. I think we'd be foolish not to offer him a contract as he seems eager and semi settled here.

and it's decent!!! not descent!! for some reason that one winds me up ( :) )

Would love to have screech and Pat Baldwin next season.But will Big Ron still play ball and pay all the players on time next term or we we go through all that crap again .Which would meen not will they sign but would they want to or any one else for that matter .

Am I the only one who thinks he might be too lighweight to cut it as a pro?

He's not the strongest granted and still has lots to learn, but with a good pre-season, a bit of gym work, plus a contract to give him confidence think this could make all the difference to him.
He has a hunger about him, and he knows where the goal is - certainly worth a chance imo.

A certain Lee Barnard looked very lightweight until this season, with a good pre season I think Spencer will be a decent player, providing we keep him of course.

A certain Lee Barnard looked very lightweight until this season, with a good pre season I think Spencer will be a decent player, providing we keep him of course.

agree with this. Spencer reminds me quite a bit of a raw Lee Barnard. Hopefully we'll give him a contract he's definitely earned, and he'll be a decent player after a full pre-season I'm sure.

Barnard didn't look lightweight, he looked injury prone. He had a physical edge to his play (that made him so injury prone) that is just missing from Spencer and Paterson.

Barnard didn't look lightweight, he looked injury prone. He had a physical edge to his play (that made him so injury prone) that is just missing from Spencer and Paterson.

Spencer didn't look so lightweight when he shrugged off Peter Clarke to score against Huddersfield.

Back