• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

His not our player, only on loan. Id prefer he went back and we played our own players who are much better. Very grown up of you 'saddo', how immature.

He will be our player for one year so get used to it.

The mods wont allow me to say what I really think of someone who hopes King gets injured.

Couple of players to add Bill Punton also Geoff Barnard a local lad who went to school in Southend and played a few matches for the reserves as an amateur around 1962-63,but was never offered a contract. Snapped up by Norwich City in September 1963 he made only 6 appearances in the 1st.Team before switching to Scunny
where he played over 250 games in nearly 10 years.

Bill Punton managed Diss Town to the FA Vase final in the 90s; I only vaguely remember Geoff Barnard at Southend but he played against us a few times.

His not our player, only on loan. Id prefer he went back and we played our own players who are much better. Very grown up of you 'saddo', how immature.

King is here for the season, several of "our" players have just this season left on their contract.... So are not the terms equal?
He isn't a short term loan and deserves respect for taking an opportunity offered.

Just a reminder we have a game today, and so far all I can see on this site is.

How useless the club are regarding Inniss
How useless PB is for failing to sign a player that most people think was rubbish
Did Ian Botham ever play at Roots Hall
Is Ron ever going to do another blog

Let's get back to the important stuff please?

For me the same team as last Saturday, apart from Demetriou for White, and maybe with Macca in for King, and Wordsworth on the bench.

Not sure about Smith in goal. Think he deserves 1 more chance.

Bench will look a lot more solid with Coker, White, and Wordsworth on it.

Ferdinand started last week, so you'll need to make a change there, too, I think.

I'd stick with JW at Right Wing-Back, as I mentioned earlier.

I really fancy us to win today. Just got a feeling.

Sokolic for Ferdinand and unless King can't play same team. JW played really well last week so can't see Demetriou getting back in.

We will beat the Iron. Victory at Scunthorpe will raise all our spirits.

We will then lose at home to Millwall.

Being a Shrimpers fan is never easy.......

Thommo, Sokolik, Barrett as a back three with White playing just in front of tnem which allows Leonard to be further forward. :thumbsup:

unless Demetriou plays wing back and JW goes into the back 3.

I think that would happen if there was an injury to any of the 3 CB's. The highlight of last week was the 'backs against the wall' performance. The back 5 all played well so can't see any need to change.

For some reason I always thought Scunny would be tougher than Bolton. Still disappointed I can't go today but family come first. Will be tuning in to BBC Essex around 3

Might be worth tuning in around 2pm today, as the build up could include some interesting views on the Inniss situation.

Just a reminder we have a game today, and so far all I can see on this site is.

How useless the club are regarding Inniss
How useless PB is for failing to sign a player that most people think was rubbish
Did Ian Botham ever play at Roots Hall
Is Ron ever going to do another blog

Let's get back to the important stuff please?

Okay then .......... what about the weather ..............

After all that rain and cold at Bolton, it looks like the game will be dry and it will be quite warm.

Pitch should be in good condition as well.

How was that?

it looks like the game will be dry and it will be quite warm

That's not good.

Due to global warming, it's been scientifically proven that we don't win when it's sunny and warm!:thumbdown:

Raining, eh!

Reverse that result forecast.

A win for The Blues it is! :happy:

Same team as started last week, except Sokolik in for Ferdinand and someone in for King. Depending on how fit Woody is, him or Bridge to slot in.

Back