• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

someone on the 5s6s7s post ask he he could get a full set ,said he seen 01234567 and 10 needs an 89 to fill the set ,just maybe he will get one or the other saturday :smile:,just not sure which way though.

Quite straightforward for me.

Our best team available is :-

Oxley
Demetriou Ferdinand Turner Coker
Wright Timlin Wordsworth McLaughlin
Cox Fortune

Leonard for Timlin after Saturday.

They've got 4 games in 11 days. We need minimum 6 points.

Just roll your sleeves up and get on with it.

At the end of it, then PB's position is either safe for a few more games or is untenable.

No point in faffing about with systems, leaving players out for personal reasons and all that b*ll*x.

You're playing for our club, so get out there and earn your right!
well said Andy T ... very much akin to Henry V st crispins speech

Maybe it's the time of the year, goodwill and stuff, but I'm optimistic that this will be the away game when the team we hope we had at the start of the season finally stands up to be counted. That would be great and a perfect start to the Christmas games. On that basis I'm going for a 2-0 Blues victory. It's not easy being an optimistic Southend supporter though is it?? Oh, and I'll go for the same starting 11 as Andy's at post 16.

Quite straightforward for me.

Our best team available is :-

Oxley
Demetriou Ferdinand Turner Coker
Wright Timlin Wordsworth McLaughlin
Cox Fortune

Leonard for Timlin after Saturday.

They've got 4 games in 11 days. We need minimum 6 points.

Just roll your sleeves up and get on with it.

At the end of it, then PB's position is either safe for a few more games or is untenable.

No point in faffing about with systems, leaving players out for personal reasons and all that b*ll*x.

You're playing for our club, so get out there and earn your right!

I would agree with you except Ranger for Fortune.
Fortune as we all know has great build up play.
However he has and never will be a regular goalscorer.
If we play him strength and hold up play. Lovely. However.
Ranger is the one like Wordsworth was a while ago everyone wants to have a pop at.
I am not sure Fortune is the more complete player, a Number 9 who putting the ball in the net he is not very good at.Ranger had a good game last Saturday keep him in, and he will give you some goals.

I would try something sort of different. Primarily because we need to get Harry back in the side sooner rather than later. Would like to find room for Yearwood as well but probably not Saturday

Oxley
White Turner Kyprianou
Demetriou Wright Wordsworth Timlin Coker
Fortune/Ranger McLaughlin.

Kyp if fit enough,yes.Without Lenny,a strong defence will be needed.Good club men,but not quite good enough at this level:White and(not any more)Timlin,so:
Ox
Demi Ferdinand. Turner. Kyp. Coker
Wright. Wordsworth. McL.
Ranger/Fortune’. Cox

well said Andy T ... very much akin to Henry V st crispins speech

LOL .... :smile: .. If that doesn't stir us to victory, then I don't know what will!

PB in the dressing room at Scunthorpe :-

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers .. For he to-day that sheds his blood with me and plays a tight 4-4-2 system, shall be my brother!"

Also, always reminds me of the great scene from 'The Trip' :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8BPP4ASQWo

:smile:

Last edited:
I would agree with you except Ranger for Fortune.
Fortune as we all know has great build up play.
However he has and never will be a regular goalscorer.
If we play him strength and hold up play. Lovely. However.
Ranger is the one like Wordsworth was a while ago everyone wants to have a pop at.
I am not sure Fortune is the more complete player, a Number 9 who putting the ball in the net he is not very good at.Ranger had a good game last Saturday keep him in, and he will give you some goals.

Fair point 'steve'

Maybe Ranger should have another go and if it doesn't work, then Fortune can come back in for Boxing Day.

There are a couple of, for me, views on our best 11 at the present time.
Last year Anton was better than John White but so far this season he hasn't been imo; also Kyp is faster than Ferd, White or Turner AND pace (lack of) at the back has been an issue .
Wright has not been great, just so-so, Macca can be very good at home, Woody is gametime rusty, Tims will try and try but is it enough? And we need to be set for no Lenny for 2018. Yearwood NEEDS game time.
Cox may have had a niggle to be rested BUT must be started every game when fit with either MAF or Nile.

And PLEASE Phil keep the plans and ideas for the side SIMPLE where all know their roles; and put "square pegs in square holes", positions.

Kyp if fit enough,yes.Without Lenny,a strong defence will be needed.Good club men,but not quite good enough at this level:White and(not any more)Timlin,so:
Ox
Demi Ferdinand. Turner. Kyp. Coker
Wright. Wordsworth. McL.
Ranger/Fortune’. Cox

I can't see many tackles being won in midfield. With just those three in the middle, we'll just be over run.

Do we really want Ferdinand and Turner together when there is no Lenny to bale them out?

Why go 5 at the back when we haven't tried it for over a year now?

Are we just going to sit back and let them attack us?

We need to inject some pace and guile.

Will be interesting to see if Cox and Ferdinand feature in the lineup. I notice that Simon Cox did not have his weekly column in the Echo published last week, is he on the way out?

No Timlin apparently. Yearwood maybe? No width on the right? Maybe 5 at the back with Lenny and Timlin out?

No idea. I for one, will not be wasting any money going or watching in i-follow as I think we will get spanked.

Yep Yearwood for Timlin now, for this one.

Maybe drop Wright into a centre role with Yearwood and Macca with Wordy further upfield.

If Timlin's out, then it has to be a MF of Yearwoord, Wright, Wordsworth and Macca.

I'd be tempted to bring Kyp back in for either White or Turner as well.

Front two of Ranger and either Cox or Fortune.

My heart tells me to remain positive and hope that we can pull out a performance to be proud of but my head is overriding and telling me we are on to a hiding. Oh my, I just can't help but feel we are on the snakes going down and not the ladders going up. When or even how can it change? The usual hope is that, a few new faces brought in during a transfer window, will freshen things up. This is the January window and the better players ain't normally found then. We are in a precarious position and I am inclined to worry about those behind us rather than look to those ahead of us. Its going to be a tough time and Scunny is just the next opportunity to highlight the struggle.

Apparently Wordsworth has been injured all week and not trained! He did grimace a bit before he went off on Saturday.

No Timlin apparently. Yearwood maybe? No width on the right? Maybe 5 at the back with Lenny and Timlin out?

No idea. I for one, will not be wasting any money going or watching in i-follow as I think we will get spanked.

So if we had of got promoted would you waste your money on a season ticket in the Championship as we struggled to stay up and have to take the odd Spanking

So if we had of got promoted would you waste your money on a season ticket in the Championship as we struggled to stay up and have to take the odd Spanking

If we looked like we could be bothered, and not had a squad that should be in the play-offs (which clearly we wouldn't have) unlike this season. The odd spanking would be expected, it was last time when I had a season ticket for the championship season.

I can forgive a side not being good enough, and will carry on watching them in the vain hope that one day they may turn in a performance, I can't be bothered to watch a side and a manager that clearly are good enough, but just can be arsed.

Back