• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OMG an inanimate piece of plastic doesn't work!!!! end of the world!

Did anyone actually get refused entry, or did you all get your seats anyway, if so its hardly a major inconvienience.

As for professional, yes, some of the stewards are a little detached from the usual niceness of society, but you pay peanuts (or sometimes no peanuts), what do you expect? A few could probably learn a little from the gamesmakers, but hey ho

Overall, hardly the end of the world, and what do people expect from a club with no money!?

It is a professional football club though, is it not? A certain level of professionalism is to be expected..:winking:

If they can make a statement on the OS this week, why didn't they make one in the week to announce what they intended to do. Then post it to twitter, FB & here like they do when they want us to buy some piece of merchandise from the shop. They have even just put on twitter about free programmes tomorrow night so it can be done. The fact they used none of these media outlets to inform fan's suggests that it was a last minute 'plan' even though it was two weeks since the Accrington game. That is unprofessional for a professional club.

Again for the record I don't have a problem with them not working, so be it. I know it wont stop me getting in, I know I will get my seat, I have a problem with the phucktard who thinks its ok to act in an oafish & bullying manner towards my 12 y/o daughter. I wonder if he'd have been so brave if it was my card that didn't work & not hers.

OMG an inanimate piece of plastic doesn't work!!!! end of the world!

Did anyone actually get refused entry, or did you all get your seats anyway, if so its hardly a major inconvienience.

As for professional, yes, some of the stewards are a little detached from the usual niceness of society, but you pay peanuts (or sometimes no peanuts), what do you expect? A few could probably learn a little from the gamesmakers, but hey ho

Overall, hardly the end of the world, and what do people expect from a club with no money!?

It's the 'how do I get the tickets back without too much effort ?' part of the equation which can cost time and money.
And they have some of my money via the season tickets.

i picked mine up at the accrington game unfortunately row d is now row b......I am looking forward to trying to get that changed.Luckily it's not been busy:stunned:

It is a professional football club though, is it not? A certain level of professionalism is to be expected..:winking:

Professional yes, however, we are still more Ryanair than B.A... only we don't turn a profit!

I have just been in Boots chemist in Leigh to get some medication. The assistant asked if I wanted a pack of 30 pills or 60.

I saw the larger pack was a bit less than double the price so I said 60, she then said the 30 pack are "buy 1 get 1 half price" and got 2 X the 30 packs and sold me those saving £1 or so.

That is good customer service.

SUFC have a great deal to learn about customer service --- especially for those people who keep the club afloat by paying for season cards and theoretically paying for matches played a year after they paid .

I have just been in Boots chemist in Leigh to get some medication. The assistant asked if I wanted a pack of 30 pills or 60.

I saw the larger pack was a bit less than double the price so I said 60, she then said the 30 pack are "buy 1 get 1 half price" and got 2 X the 30 packs and sold me those saving £1 or so.

That is good customer service.

SUFC have a great deal to learn about customer service --- especially for those people who keep the club afloat by paying for season cards and theoretically paying for matches played a year after they paid .

I took inspiration from this post, realised I'm a 'keyboard warrior' so rang the ticket office,give the club another chance, great to be told about the Millwall match in March from about three years ago, tickets should be ready for collection on Saturday, they cannot send them out.

I took inspiration from this post, realised I'm a 'keyboard warrior' so rang the ticket office,give the club another chance, great to be told about the Millwall match in March from about three years ago, tickets should be ready for collection on Saturday, they cannot send them out.

For the Millwall game? :stunned:

We had mentioned this pre season if i remember correctly. So for the record so far tgis season its worked as have a few of my mates but like some of us said they work for a bit an then stop after a game or two. Ticket office is dogshite for its worth as well

I know people praise the ticket office staff but I personally have to be honest and say I think they are useless morons. It may sound harsh but IMO its true. If anyone ever reads my posts you will know I have had numerous problems with them, which I have listed a few below.

-Countless times being asked to pay to move my season ticket to the north even though it stated it was free on the website. I actually had to get the webpage on my phone to prove it.
-They wouldn't let me collect mine and 3 other season cards just before the season began because all four of us weren't there, even though we have the same surname and the same address, eventually got them.
-They tried charging me £15.00 rather than £10.00 for 4 tickets for the West ham game as they said its £5.00 more on the day, again I had to get the webpage up to show them it didn't anything about that in the ticket information about the game.
-My season ticket didn't work at the end of last season and was taken from me and I was told that I would be contacted but I never got a response from them. When I chased them on this they didn't even no that my ticket had been taken from me and didn't know where it was.
-My nephews ticket was taken from him saturday and given a bit of paper.

Technical issues I understand cannot be helped and thats outside of their control but simple customer services and any issues that results in using one brain cell they simply struggle with and that is what winds me up.

rant over! :winking:

Had a call from the box office this morning re picking up my season card from the North East ticket hut on Saturday.

Must have been the shock of not being asked to pay for the call but forgot to ask what time cards will be available for pick up.

Anyone know??

Muchos gracias in advance.

I know people praise the ticket office staff but I personally have to be honest and say I think they are useless morons. It may sound harsh but IMO its true. If anyone ever reads my posts you will know I have had numerous problems with them, which I have listed a few below.

-Countless times being asked to pay to move my season ticket to the north even though it stated it was free on the website. I actually had to get the webpage on my phone to prove it.
-They wouldn't let me collect mine and 3 other season cards just before the season began because all four of us weren't there, even though we have the same surname and the same address, eventually got them.
-They tried charging me £15.00 rather than £10.00 for 4 tickets for the West ham game as they said its £5.00 more on the day, again I had to get the webpage up to show them it didn't anything about that in the ticket information about the game.
-My season ticket didn't work at the end of last season and was taken from me and I was told that I would be contacted but I never got a response from them. When I chased them on this they didn't even no that my ticket had been taken from me and didn't know where it was.
-My nephews ticket was taken from him saturday and given a bit of paper.

Technical issues I understand cannot be helped and thats outside of their control but simple customer services and any issues that results in using one brain cell they simply struggle with and that is what winds me up.

rant over! :winking:
Cant agree more i to was charged £15 pound on the day for west ham tickets, got in touch with the club twice was told that was the price on the day . When i asked nowhere on the website did it say that funny enough no reply ,hence i have expecited our season tickets not to work , but i wont be going to any more frendlies or cup games because i wont be taken for a mug no more

True I wasn't stopped from attending but none the less it is an inconvenience as I now have to wait to be told when the card is available to collect and then go and get it. I buy a season card so I don't have to go to the ticket office, particularly at the last minute.

The reasons the give are pitful at best and at worst they are lies.

Cant agree more i to was charged £15 pound on the day for west ham tickets, got in touch with the club twice was told that was the price on the day . When i asked nowhere on the website did it say that funny enough no reply ,hence i have expecited our season tickets not to work , but i wont be going to any more frendlies or cup games because i wont be taken for a mug no more

I'm with you did not rush to the game tonight, so the money is in my pocket, not Ron's, got to leave early Saturday to collect tickets, all time and money,

Back