• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So international women's day (this Sunday) is not sexist then? Where is International men's day? And what about the black music awards, where are the white music awards? And how come there is gay pride and no straight pride?

An whilst we're at it lets ban: the baldy songs, who ate all the pies, you fat bstrd, you dirty northern bstds etc.

Perhaps a list of permitted words should be published and we could all be given free George Orwell books for half time study, and be forced to do exercises before and after the game; in front of monitors to make sure we are doing them properly.

And I might add a group of women can be just as sexist as a group of men but nothing is said about that!

This is like a confession of 'I don't really understand anything'.

So international women's day (this Sunday) is not sexist then? Where is International men's day? And what about the black music awards, where are the white music awards? And how come there is gay pride and no straight pride?

An whilst we're at it lets ban: the baldy songs, who ate all the pies, you fat bstrd, you dirty northern bstds etc.

Perhaps a list of permitted words should be published and we could all be given free George Orwell books for half time study, and be forced to do exercises before and after the game; in front of monitors to make sure we are doing them properly.

And I might add a group of women can be just as sexist as a group of men but nothing is said about that!
this is a fair point , as you can't have in only one way, without parity.... It must be equal for ALL

Ladies you have all been subjected to demeaning treatment at the hands of men. You are all our equal. Many women have done so much to bring this to the attention of men, starting with Mary Wollstonecraft, the suffragettes, bra burning of the 60's right through to Coretta Scott king and Sheryl Sandberg. Then you go and undo all the great work by allowing mrsblue to be ranked among your numbers.:winking:

White heterosexual men deserve the right to equality. Everywhere you look in society this group is under-represented.

Also I can't ever remember seeing a Dwarve or midget ( Peter Beardsley excluded) at football isn't it high time we as the football community do something for them?

Isn't that because we are not allowed to call them that any more. Vertically challenged is the done thing. I despair I really do. The way football is going will end up like Chinese orchestrated support. Sexism? It is football FFS and the passion has been taken out of the game firstly on the field and now increasingly off the field.

I feel for the next generation who will be spending their football supporting days, if not every day, walking on eggshells for fear of upsetting someone. I don't know if it is closer to 1984 or Demolition Man.

Isn't that because we are not allowed to call them that any more. Vertically challenged is the done thing. I despair I really do. The way football is going will end up like Chinese orchestrated support. Sexism? It is football FFS and the passion has been taken out of the game firstly on the field and now increasingly off the field.

I feel for the next generation who will be spending their football supporting days, if not every day, walking on eggshells for fear of upsetting someone. I don't know if it is closer to 1984 or Demolition Man.
I agree wholeheartedly, the only reason I ever went to a football match was for the opportunity to shout 'get your tits out' and if that is being discouraged I can find no other reason to go. Football - you are now dead to me.

Wouldn't it be a shame if folk have to resort to supporting their team unconditionally without recourse to picking on someone to make yourself feel superior. The end is nigh.

It's political correctness gone bonkers. Everyone knows that the laws of civil society don't apply to football. Are 'they' telling me that every time I want to shout at some bird with lovely tits and a saucy little arse I'm gonna be frowned upon by the PC do-gooder liberal equal rights brigade? Only a lesbian would be anything other than delighted by my attention, especially when I'm on one, you legerrrnnd. They love it, mate. Midgets, efnics, birds and all the rest can shut it. This is a game for me and those like me, you mugs.

Ok! Hands up I didn't realise that there IS an International Men's day!!

It is on November 19th - perhaps all of us men are the ones at fault for not promoting it as well as the women promote their day :'( ( although I do think that there is a media bias towards international women's day)!

The details are here: http://www.internationalmensday.com/

I personally don't have a problem and when it has occurred I am happy to stand my own ground however, I don't agree with people being singled out purely on the grounds of sex, race or religion and I deplore any form of bullying whether that be verbal or mental bullying.
Let's be honest here football is and always will be predominately a male game and for as long as I can remember there has always been the "banter" but unfortunately we now live in a society where sometimes we are just too far cautious in the fear of upsetting anyone or being single out as a bigot.

its v awkward . in the workplace it has been a hot issue for some time, personally the jokes and comments at matches are usually great fun, no no to racial any race/colour but all others I am happy with even if aimed at me

When i sometimes collect my kid from junior school, i will regually get wolf whistled by the other mothers there, but i just put it down to the fact that i am a very handsome chap, and that the ladies just cant help themselves, just one of pitfulls of being good looking i surpose. :smile:

Snr.

Tough call...but someone has to do it :winking:

Comments like that chant are not acceptable in the work-place, it's a sacking offence. It's not acceptable in a restaurant or supermarket. Did you find the chant of "Karen Brady is a whore" reasonable?

Equally, would a group of female supporters chanting "Get your c*** out!" be acceptable?

Strange that racism and homophobia are not acceptable but sexism - which can be equally as intimidating for some (if not many) seems to be.

I am sure you're mistaken...I was there that day....and I was celebrating the fact that she was 24...backed up by herself and the national press !!

Back