• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shamima Bequm-Return or not ?

Shamima Bequm-Return or not?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • It's more complicated than that

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
That baby deserves to be given a full life - it's done nothing wrong.
Neither do all the other babies caught up in the Syrian conflict though, as harsh as is we aren't taking in other babies from people that support IS, and they are just as innocent as this kid. Aside from the mother being British why should this kid be prioritised over mothers opposed to IS that are seeking asylum to get their baby out of the war?

At the moment it pretty much looks like she is staying where she is. If she wants to return here she needs to get to British consular services which are a bit short on the ground were she is. The foreign office have already said that they will not risk anyone's life trying to get to her. If she is a british citizen then she should come back and answer for what she has done, I don't belive her unborn baby should be punished. At the time of her leaving she was only fifteen, I was a complete idiot at that age ( some might argue I still am) and was very gullible!

15-years-olds know right from wrong.

She has shown no remorse & doesn’t acknowledge her crimes.

She is a criminal who at the very least has enabled & aided terrorists. At worst, she would blow up every single one of you, and your families, without blinking en eye.

And you want to give her another chance at living in a civilised society?

What kind of deterrent does it set for other would-be terrorist sympathisers. Off you pop to Syria, to kill and maim as many soldiers as you fancy, but don’t worry, we’ll be waiting here with open arms & a big, fat, benefit payout for when you get back.

****ing world has gone nuts.

Take the baby away and give to a loving family and hang the traitor bitch.

15-years-olds know right from wrong.

She has shown no remorse & doesn’t acknowledge her crimes.

She is a criminal who at the very least has enabled & aided terrorists. At worst, she would blow up every single one of you, and your families, without blinking en eye.

And you want to give her another chance at living in a civilised society?

What kind of deterrent does it set for other would-be terrorist sympathisers. Off you pop to Syria, to kill and maim as many soldiers as you fancy, but don’t worry, we’ll be waiting here with open arms & a big, fat, benefit payout for when you get back.

****ing world has gone nuts.
no one has said they want to welcome her back with open arms, those advocating allowing her back on balance have given sensible reasons that can be debated against with equally sensible reasons.

You know how? Do you work in this area? For all I know we may have prevented 100s of angry teenagers wanting to blow us all up. I work on the Railway, I truly have no idea.

I know because of the constant threat that exists against us. If I’m not mistaken, our terror threat level is currently at severe?

We’ve got thousands on a watch list & even more on a potentially dangerous list. And as we don’t import these terrorists, you have to conclude that they’re being radicalised here. So whilst we may well be doing enough to stop some being radicalised, it’s obvious that we’re not doing enough to stamp it out altogether.

You suggested YouTube was a hub for radicalisation. It may be. But I’d say our prisons, namely Belmarsh, are far bigger recruitment camps.

And running the usual risk of hysterical cries of racist & xenophobic, I’ll state the bleeding obvious, that more needs to be done by the Asian Communities themselves. Unfortunately, there’s an ideaology amoung then, that no one should speak up. And that’s the word of two Muslim colleagues of mine.

I know because of the constant threat that exists against us. If I’m not mistaken, our terror threat level is currently at severe?

We’ve got thousands on a watch list & even more on a potentially dangerous list. And as we don’t import these terrorists, you have to conclude that they’re being radicalised here. So whilst we may well be doing enough to stop some being radicalised, it’s obvious that we’re not doing enough to stamp it out altogether.

You suggested YouTube was a hub for radicalisation. It may be. But I’d say our prisons, namely Belmarsh, are far bigger recruitment camps.

And running the usual risk of hysterical cries of racist & xenophobic, I’ll state the bleeding obvious, that more needs to be done by the Asian Communities themselves. Unfortunately, there’s an ideaology amoung then, that no one should speak up. And that’s the word of two Muslim colleagues of mine.

I believe those in power have stated that Far Right extremism and terrorism is far more of a risk. Does the threat level even mean anything? I've not changed how I live in any way shape or form. They can raise it to it's highest level and 99% of us will still do the same thing day in, day out. And rightly so.

Neither do all the other babies caught up in the Syrian conflict though, as harsh as is we aren't taking in other babies from people that support IS, and they are just as innocent as this kid. Aside from the mother being British why should this kid be prioritised over mothers opposed to IS that are seeking asylum to get their baby out of the war?

That's not the argument here. Every child has a right to a life without war, including Beggum's unborn child.

We are talking about a UK citizen here.She has a legal right to return to the UK if she wants to and it rather sounds as if she does. After that the wheels of justice will presumably kick in.

In that case, I’d strongly be in favour of a new bill, whereby if you decide to leave your homeland for another, in order to commit acts of terror, you should be stripped of citizenship.

If the host country have a problem with that, then their border checks should be more stringent.

NO NO NO!!

She can rot there for all i care, she made her decision, still to this day has no regrets about joining isis and is unrepentant about her actions.

If we let her back in to the country, she will be seen by extremists as some kind of living martyr, and in my opinion i view her as a more dangerous individual now than we she left at 15 years old.

Bang on the money IMO.

no one has said they want to welcome her back with open arms, those advocating allowing her back on balance have given sensible reasons that can be debated against with equally sensible reasons.

You say that, but I bet there’s a fair few hiding amoung us who’d feel sorry for her plight, and simply put it down to her being a youngster who didn’t know any better.

Of course, nobody would admit it.

Is she not British? If she is then the child will be wherever born.

I'm not sure whether she is - there was legislation a few years ago aimed at deterring people from going to join IS, which did bring up the question of repatriation. Not just the UK considered that but across Europe, at the height of the terror attacks across the continent. I would need to look up the provisions in law but this isn't as simple as 'she was born here, so she is legally fine to return'

Unless I've misunderstood, she married a Dutch man who had converted to Islam and was there as an IS fighter. They both escaped and are now in a refugee camp, so maybe Holland has a part to play in where they end up? I do wonder if she would have been so keen to return if the Caliphate was not getting such a battering.

What more would you like included Mr MK?

No.
Yes with access to every benefit under the sun & a big house FOR FREE as it no doubt says in the Daily Mail so it must be true.
Yes and like, go to prison for a long time which will be the reality. You lefty scumbags make me sick.

Unless I've misunderstood, she married a Dutch man who had converted to Islam and was there as an IS fighter. They both escaped and are now in a refugee camp, so maybe Holland has a part to play in where they end up? I do wonder if she would have been so keen to return if the Caliphate was not getting such a battering.

I doubt it, i reckon if the shoe was on the other foot (meaning if it was a dutch female isis member that got pregnant by a British jihadist.. we wouldn't have much to do with it... what with current politics going on) I only say that because most western countries law prefers mothers and children to stay together rather than separating a child from their mother and giving it to the father.

Anyway, presuming he's still alive?... I thought i read somewhere on the bbc, that he was captured by the Syrian / Kurdish forces, and she entered the refugee camp alone.

Back