• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shamima Bequm-Return or not ?

Shamima Bequm-Return or not?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • It's more complicated than that

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
NO NO NO!!

She can rot there for all i care, she made her decision, still to this day has no regrets about joining isis and is unrepentant about her actions.

If we let her back in to the country, she will be seen by extremists as some kind of living martyr, and in my opinion i view her as a more dangerous individual now than we she left at 15 years old.

It appears that she is a british citizen , who as yet has no criminal record (although that will change) . I don't think there is any way she can be stopped from returning.

However, going out and bringing her home is a different matter and I can't see that happening.

If she can make her way back , let her, and then arrest her once she is here

Talking of passports and rights to return home etc.

It seems it could be possible we could cancel it, as she didn't travel on her own passport (she "took / "stole" her older sisters passport to join isis...i'm presuming her passport is still at home in Bethnal Green.

"Quoting official figures and security sources, the newspaper said more than 40 suspects had their right to a passport removed this year, with about 30 targeted since March.

Those who have had their citizenship removed include gunmen and “jihadi brides” who travelled to Syria, it added.

They are all dual nationals, including British-born people with parents of different nationalities, because ministers cannot take away citizenship if it would leave a suspect stateless.

She was born to Bangladeshi parents, so if she had dual nationality, we could possibly always ship her over there.

I know because of the constant threat that exists against us. If I’m not mistaken, our terror threat level is currently at severe?

We’ve got thousands on a watch list & even more on a potentially dangerous list. And as we don’t import these terrorists, you have to conclude that they’re being radicalised here. So whilst we may well be doing enough to stop some being radicalised, it’s obvious that we’re not doing enough to stamp it out altogether.

You suggested YouTube was a hub for radicalisation. It may be. But I’d say our prisons, namely Belmarsh, are far bigger recruitment camps.

And running the usual risk of hysterical cries of racist & xenophobic, I’ll state the bleeding obvious, that more needs to be done by the Asian Communities themselves. Unfortunately, there’s an ideaology amoung then, that no one should speak up. And that’s the word of two Muslim colleagues of mine.

Is the phrase "No one likes a grass" the sole domain of the Muslim community ?

That said , Prevent are getting more Far right radicalisation referrals that Islamic fundamentalism referrals at the moment.
Whether thats down to more people willing to talk, the far right being more obvious, or just more active , I don't know , I don't think that level detail has been established yet.

No.
Yes with access to every benefit under the sun & a big house FOR FREE as it no doubt says in the Daily Mail so it must be true.
Yes and like, go to prison for a long time which will be the reality. You lefty scumbags make me sick.
Nah, I reckon if posters need shades of grey then their posts are the place for it.

Talking of passports and rights to return home etc.

It seems it could be possible we could cancel it, as she didn't travel on her own passport (she "took / "stole" her older sisters passport to join isis...i'm presuming her passport is still at home in Bethnal Green.

"Quoting official figures and security sources, the newspaper said more than 40 suspects had their right to a passport removed this year, with about 30 targeted since March.

Those who have had their citizenship removed include gunmen and “jihadi brides” who travelled to Syria, it added.

They are all dual nationals, including British-born people with parents of different nationalities, because ministers cannot take away citizenship if it would leave a suspect stateless.

She was born to Bangladeshi parents, so if she had dual nationality, we could possibly always ship her over there.

The difference between having a British passport and being a British Citizen I suppose.

In that case, I’d strongly be in favour of a new bill, whereby if you decide to leave your homeland for another, in order to commit acts of terror, you should be stripped of citizenship.

If the host country have a problem with that, then their border checks should be more stringent.

I believe it's difficult (if not impossible) to strip someone of their citizenship if they only have one (ie not dual) nationality,as I believe is the case with this young British woman.

What a predictably depressing thread this is. No attempt to engage with the real issues behind this, just vengeful rhetoric about a damaged, brainwashed child who has been through unspeakably horrific experiences that thankfully none of us will ever have to undergo. And we claim to be a civilised country. Thank goodness the views expressed on here are not representative of any but a small vociferous minority.

Interesting case, I'm guessing by her name and the fact she is from Bethnal Green she is of Bengali descent. As an ethnic group they don't rate high in the radicalisation league table. What I can tell you is the boys have just about the lowest score when it come to education and the girls are kept well under the thumb.....More so than other muslim groups which is perhaps why the 'jihadi bride' thing was seen as attractive...….Anyway if you are looking for answers I would start with our own failures to integrate the people of south Tower Hamlets.....I don't mean that in a left or right wing way just the fact we as a nation have completely failed.

Yes thats right nasty horrible Rigsby defending Shamima Begum and her friends. I used to see the fear in the eyes of all the other girls looking at the one girl on the Ocean estate who use to help the Firebrigade out by showing us to the correct lift, the correct address or act as interpreter. If ever their was a person saying rescue me it was her. To my shame I always thought it would do more harm than good.

On the flip side she is lucky she isn't a Kurdish bride. They are taken by force from their villages and used as sex slaves, rather than wives......Its allowed according to the twisted interpretation of the Koran by ISIS. The 'Jihadi brides' get jealous of their husbands sex slave so have no complaints when the slave has her throat slit for getting pregnant........So be careful in your soft judgement of a pregnant women.

Whats the answer.....There is no easy answer, not to something so complicated. We cant put them in a concentration camp on the isle of Jura. Back in mainstream society might well only encourage others, not to kill but because it really is their only chance of adventure and unless you are a 15 year old girl stuck in the twilight zone of being a British born Bengali how can you judge.

By the way the British troops 'boots on the ground' argument is a non starter. There are actually about 8 different groups fighting for power and then some of those are like something from the Life of Brian, people's front of Judea scene...…...The one thing that could unite them all is the site of British and US uniforms patrolling their streets. Either way it would achieve absolutely nothing long term......Which should always be your first thought before you ever fire the first shot.

I believe it's difficult (if not impossible) to strip someone of their citizenship if they only have one (ie not dual) nationality,as I believe is the case with this young British woman.

TUIB, see post #62

It will be impossible if she is single citizenship, however if she does own dual, its a lot easier to banning her from the UK and send her off elsewhere to Balgladesh.

Talking of which (slightly off the topic) but in comparison of a young adult leaving of her own free will to dedicate her life to join and help terrorists, and then cries to the media like a little girl that wants to come back home when the going gets rough.....

Anyway..... Look at the below petition of this sick elderly 92 year old South African lady that has no one back home to look after her (yet she has a caring daughter and son in law that cares for her final days for free).

https://www.change.org/p/the-government-ailing-92-year-old-facing-forced-removal-from-uk

Basically, I know who i would much prefer to keep in this country.

That's not the argument here. Every child has a right to a life without war, including Beggum's unborn child.
You're right every child does deserve that, but unfortunately that isn't what happens in reality which means there is clearly a limit to the number of young children our government is willing to grant asylum to and a process exists to determine who gets asylum. It's uncomfortable to think about but we reject asylum claims despite the fact the child is innocent. There are thousands of young children unfairly trapped in this situation that we don't do anything about, why should this case be prioritised over others?

"Anyway if you are looking for answers I would start with our own failures to integrate the people of south Tower Hamlets.....I don't mean that in a left or right wing way just the fact we as a nation have completely failed"

I am sorry and I do not mean to offend here, but that happens the world over..The British so called "ex-pats do it all over Europe,,,People attract similar veins of interest and like, race and country wherever they live/move to..

It is a shame that those that do move to another country do not try to accept that they are now part of a new culture and to adjust their ways instead of being seperate and to try to change ours/theirs.

I do 100% agree though the world is ****ed and it is on a downwards spiral...

What a predictably depressing thread this is. No attempt to engage with the real issues behind this, just vengeful rhetoric about a damaged, brainwashed child who has been through unspeakably horrific experiences that thankfully none of us will ever have to undergo. And we claim to be a civilised country. Thank goodness the views expressed on here are not representative of any but a small vociferous minority.

Here we go. Light the Beacons Of Gondor, the virtue signalling shall now commence!!

Poor little dear. All that thieving, plotting and planning she had to go through, to enact her plan.

Oh the horror of of living amoung scum and filth, who happily carried out barbaric attacks on innocent people, which included beheadings.

The poor brainwashed fool who’s onto her THIRD child. (But lets not focus on the previous two, who died because of the poor conditions they were FORCED to endure)

Oh, oooooh, my heart bleeds for her, which of course, in your mind makes me & those who’d agree with me, just as bad as her, if not worse.

I suppose you’d be ready to accept her as a lodger, should be be refused re-entry to the UK?

She apparently wasnt fased by seeing her first beheading.....Oh come on we all want her back here surely.

She can **** off, she made her bed.

The real issues behind this are partly due to attitudes like this load of old drivel. For too many years it has been this kind of thinking that's helped to create the kind of society that encourages these extremists to thrive and survive in this country.

She made her choice she can live with the consequences, just as the loved ones and relatives of the poor souls that have suffered at the hands of those she still seems to support through that lack of condemnation have too. She's shown no sign of remorse. Has not condemned IS and their actions in any way and has shown no contrition whatsoever consequently she deserves nothing from the UK, nothing at all.

She apparently wasnt fased by seeing her first beheading.....Oh come on we all want her back here surely.

She can **** off, she made her bed.

That we can all agree on. the men in that part of the world certainly don't have to make the bed.

The real issues behind this are partly due to attitudes like this load of old drivel. For too many years it has been this kind of thinking that's helped to create the kind of society that encourages these kind of extremists to thrive and survive in this country.

She made her choice she can live with the consequences just as the loved ones and relatives of the poor souls that have suffered at the hands of those she still seems to support through that lack of condemnation. She's shown no sign of remorse. Has not condemned IS and their actions in any way and has shown no contrition whatsoever consequently she deserves nothing from the UK, nothing at all.
Thank you for confirming all I have said. There truly would be no hope for the UK if this benighted drivel were to be representative of the whole country rather than the backwaters of the Thames estuary, whose stereotypes you always do your best to live up to.

It's all part of some now defending this namby pamby world, when even when wrong stares you right in the face, you want to be right. There will always be some objection to it on some sort of moral grounds that are parmount these days for defense of the indefensible

You only have to look at our leaders to see how fukked we all are.

I have never been one to prejudge anybody but FFS this case is Black and White, why on earth would we want her back here.

Yep the 14-0 vote so far backs up your point on our small forum.

Last edited:
Thank you for confirming all I have said. There truly would be no hope for the UK if this benighted drivel were to be representative of the whole country rather than the backwaters of the Thames estuary, whose stereotypes you always do your best to live up to.

You believe these views about this woman are localised to a Southend Forum?

Tell me, what is your view on her, and what should happen next?

Back