• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shamima Bequm-Return or not ?

Shamima Bequm-Return or not?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • It's more complicated than that

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
Unless she is an attacking midfielder with an eye for goal, the ability to last 90 minutes, hit the target form 30 yards and track back at full pelt.. do all this to a premiership standard and be prepared to play for Southend On a five year contract for 300 quid a week. Then let her rot

What a predictably depressing thread this is. No attempt to engage with the real issues behind this, just vengeful rhetoric about a damaged, brainwashed child who has been through unspeakably horrific experiences that thankfully none of us will ever have to undergo. And we claim to be a civilised country. Thank goodness the views expressed on here are not representative of any but a small vociferous minority.
Why don't you just write 'Everyone who disagrees with me is a knuckle dragging racist'. I'll save you so much time.

You cant just say that because you have your own views. If you want people to come to terms with your ideals, insults dont work my friend.
The insult came from the previous poster who implied that because the two votes in favour of her being allowed back were from people not currently living inthe UK they were somehow invalid or heaven forbid,unpatriotic. That is what is pathetic.

. And don’t bore me with stories of prison, because we all know our CPS won’t do a damn thing, and she won’t see the inside of a prison cell for jack ****.
I agree she shouldn't be let back in but what basis do you have for this claim? There was a similar case a couple of years ago where a mother returned to the UK and was given a six year sentence once the authorities established she had joined IS whilst out there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35460697

Unless she is an attacking midfielder with an eye for goal, the ability to last 90 minutes, hit the target form 30 yards and track back at full pelt.. do all this to a premiership standard and be prepared to play for Southend On a five year contract for 300 quid a week. Then let her rot

She's still hanging on in a difficult environment after 4 years and most likely seen more injuries in the last 6 months than Chris Powell has done.... With less excuses!!

I say sign her up. LOL

A current voting difference of 16 to 2 would suggest the UK's tolerance to such things has wained since one or two posters decided they didn't like being British any more and buggered off to (cough) sunnier climbs.

Those 16 didn't know what they were voting for....you cant just have a choice of yes or no.....those words aren't clear enough......if it hadn't been for that poster of her on a big red bus.....besides several of you may have changed your mind after 18:00hrs.....I demand a peoples jihadi vote because I went to Birmingham polytechnic and once met someone important.

Those 16 didn't know what they were voting for....you cant just have a choice of yes or no.....those words aren't clear enough......if it hadn't been for that poster of her on a big red bus.....besides several of you may have changed your mind after 18:00hrs.....I demand a peoples jihadi vote because I went to Birmingham polytechnic and once met someone important.
I don't think satire is your strong point, but then neither is the facts.

I agree she shouldn't be let back in but what basis do you have for this claim? There was a similar case a couple of years ago where a mother returned to the UK and was given a six year sentence once the authorities established she had joined IS whilst out there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35460697

I think i read that 400 British isis fighters returned, and only 10% have been imprisoned (ie..40) and have only been jailed for 7 years, on that basis, and only guessing they only serve half their term, they would only do 3-4 years max, and then released back into the community to walk around and preach their believes freely.

So. The majority is saying that a currently unconvicted British citizen should not be allowed in the country ?
Sure she is as guilty as sin, but the law of the land is such that she is considered innocent until found guilty, and I am sure that no one wants this changed, so exactly what grounds do we have for refusing her admission?
Going and actively repatriating her is a different issue which the Govt have already dismissed as a no go.
I understand the feelings, but what legal arguments would anyone exact in order to stop her reentering under her own steam (and obviously be arrested upon entry) ?
Am I right in thinking that an admission of guilt is only considered as legally guilty when said in response to a criminal charge in court ?

Would any action to prevent her then set precedent for any British citizen to be barred admission for any, legally, unproved accusation?

As the poll says , it’s complicated

I think i read that 400 British isis fighters returned, and only 10% have been imprisoned (ie..40) and have only been jailed for 7 years, on that basis, and only guessing they only serve half their term, they would only do 3-4 years max, and then released back into the community to walk around and preach their believes freely.

That’s an interesting stat, is that an average of 7 years or a maximum, and what charges ? I don’t expect you to to remember to be fair, if you can find your source that may well explain the numbers .

For every terrorist on the watch list, it takes a team of around 27 police to watch them 24/7, 365 days per week......The even get home visits from medical staff as its easier, operationally for the police, than going to the hospital.

This costs us over £2m per year per person on the watch list...…That's a lot of genuine pregnant refugees who could be helped. Or a lot more police that could be patrolling Southend High street etc.

Something the 'let justice take its course' brigade might want to consider.

Back