• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shamima Bequm-Return or not ?

Shamima Bequm-Return or not?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 41 77.4%
  • It's more complicated than that

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters
The thought of this woman being allowed back into the UK really angers me.

Her family are begging the government to allow her ‘home’ - but hold on she’s already in her chosen home in Syria, where she went of her own free will to join a terrorist network who’s ideology went against everything our western culture values. One which she still supports and believes in!

The safety of our citizens and the cost of monitoring her should be the driver in not allowing her in, but I’m now seeing interviews with the liberals to consider the baby (who was 1 of 3 who were fathered by an ISIS fighter).

Just waiting for Lily Allen to say she’ll offer to pick her up from the airport now!

I would imagine she will be back here within a week. One of the major papers will probably go and fetch her it’s too much of a juicy story to sell papers with an exclusive interview!

She made her decision to turn her back on this country to go and give her support to a terrorist organisation and as a consequence she is a traitor and shouldnt come back.But as always it's not always as simple as that.She is a British passport holder and in law we cant stop her coming back.The way I read it I don't think we are going to send officials out to Syria to bring her back.We will wait for her to turn up at a British Consulate probably in Turkey then decide then what the Government will do next.Which will mean we go through a trial probably found guilty and as we don't have the death penalty spends many years locked up at our expense which won't go down very well with UK population

Much as I don't want her back, there is nothing we can do about it. !!
She is a British Passport holder, and I understand a British citizen.
Everybody as I understand under National law, can return to there place of citizenship.
Which Britian is hers, so there is nothing we can do about it. Correct me if I am wrong.
My son was in Afganistan and Iraq against the Taliban, my mother and father in 2nd World war.
My grandfather died on the first day of the battle of the Somme, and my father was not even born. I worked for years In Bethnal Green Police Station. So I could be bitter.
Yes she and the 400 others must face Justice, but a hanging mob will play into what I.S. want.
She deserves to be locked away (if proven) but we have to compile with International law.

Haven't MI6 said she'd be a danger, and hasn't there been proof of her father alongside Lee Rigby's killer at a rally? Let her come back and arrest her for treason, it'd send a message.

And if Trump's latest tweet is going to be acted upon, this'll just be the tip of the iceberg:

"The United States is asking Britain, France, Germany and other European allies to take back over 800 ISIS fighters that we captured in Syria and put them on trial. The Caliphate is ready to fall. The alternative is not a good one in that we will be forced to release them........ "

Could always house those that'd return to the U.K. at RAF Holbeach..... :Fishing:

I don't trust the family want her back bit. In nearly all cases she would be disowned or threatened with an 'honour' killing for running off to Southend, let alone Syria.

I don't trust the family want her back bit. In nearly all cases she would be disowned or threatened with an 'honour' killing for running off to Southend, let alone Syria.

International law means the UK clearly have to take her back in with her child.Dunno about her family but I saw her speaking on C4 news earlier (Sky News interview) and she clearly wants to come back to the UK.Due process will have to take place after that,of course.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47270857

If they wanted her killed I'm sure that would be easier to organise in a war torn country than one where she would be high profile and most likely be in prison.
It's very likely that her family don't want to murder her.

If they wanted her killed I'm sure that would be easier to organise in a war torn country than one where she would be high profile and most likely be in prison.
It's very likely that her family don't want to murder her.

No suprise, you completely miss the point

the point was very simple - you suspect the family want to kill her. If it was more complex than that please explain.

No I don't. Perhaps the family encouraged her to go in the first place. Perhaps the 'family' have big plans for their 'poster girl'

You wont know this because its to uncomfortable for the left. The biggest rise in grooming vulnerable children, the victims have been muslim .....That's right muslims, including boys as victims. Why because the family will disown them and won't report it. The police are doing their normal and handing it to social services who are over worked and don't have the ability to do anything. They can barely get any info from the victims.

Its now mainly by Somalian gangs who's use the boys as drug runners and the girls get taken to crack dens and kept like dogs. That's the thing about crime is, the most vicious people are one big step a head of the chattering classes in suburbia.

Last edited:
I
No I don't. Perhaps the family encouraged her to go in the first place. Perhaps the 'family' have big plans for their 'poster girl'

You wont know this because its to uncomfortable for the left. The biggest rise in grooming vulnerable children, the victims have been muslim .....That's right muslims, including boys as victims. Why because the family will disown them and won't report it. The police are doing their normal and handing it to social services who are over worked and don't have the ability to do anything. They can barely get any info from the victims.

Its now mainly by Somalian gangs who's use the boys as drug runners and the girls get taken to crack dens and kept like dogs. That's the thing about crime the most vicious people are one big step a head of the chattering classes in suburbia.
If you don't want people to think her family want her killed maybe don't write 'I don't trust the family want her back bit. In nearly all cases she would be disowned or threatened with an 'honour' killing for running off to Southend, let alone Syria'

If you want to share some information and want it to register maybe don't start with a patronising opening gambit like 'You wont know this because its to uncomfortable for the left'.

Rigsby. Another Surrey Shrimper
Why has this got to be left versus right.
I do think Rigsby is mostly correct, but probably a little over dramatic

Except the quote most vicious people are one step ahead of the chattering classes in the suburbia.
Totally correct!!

I
If you don't want people to think her family want her killed maybe don't write 'I don't trust the family want her back bit. In nearly all cases she would be disowned or threatened with an 'honour' killing for running off to Southend, let alone Syria'

If you want to share some information and want it to register maybe don't start with a patronising opening gambit like 'You wont know this because its to uncomfortable for the left'.

You need to keep your word, remember what you said to Hank and Criko. How long did you last?

Rigsby. Another Surrey Shrimper
Why has this got to be left versus right.
I do think Rigsby is mostly correct, but probably a little over dramatic

Except the quote most vicious people are one step ahead of the chattering classes in the suburbia.
Totally correct!!

You mentioned you worked in Bethnal Green. Was that the old one or the one behind the Fire Station.

You need to keep your word, remember what you said to Hank and Criko. How long did you last?
I put you on ignore but when it became clear you were replying to my posts I requested you put me on ignore too and you refused. It doesn't work as a one way thing but the offer is still there if you want to reciprocate.

I put you on ignore but when it became clear you were replying to my posts I requested you put me on ignore too and you refused. It doesn't work as a one way thing but the offer is still there if you want to reciprocate.

I have not replied to any of your posts, even when you were quoting me. Anyone can read the recent pages in the Labour party thread.

You know exactly what you are doing.

Many posts ago I asked what legal grounds were there for a British citizen to be denied access to Britain ?

I have seen shed loads of opinions and moral outpourings from both camps, but put the sentiment to one side for a moment, stop trying to batter other peoples opinions into dust ,and have a think.

What legal grounds can be employed to stop a currently unconvicted british citizen returning and , how comfortable would be the legal precedent sit ...

Personally, I cant think of a legal reason (not withstanding the breach of international law regarding citizen ship) and , given that we seem to go to some lengths to extradite criminals (from countries with an extradition treaty) in order to put them on trial and bang them up, I am not sure that leaving them out there is the general option . Mind you if they are in a country with an extradition treaty with the uk, they are probably living a tad more comfortably than someone in a refugee camp.

Personal opinion, she made her own way out there , she can make her own way back. Monitored then nicked as soon as she sets foot in the country.
Child straight into care (Grandparents who let their own kids be radicalised and then run off to a war zone , are not fit guardians) so the child can have a chance of a decent upbringing .
Then let the legal process take its course.

As an aside , but I suppose a similar issue, should Jack Shepherd, who has been convicted of manslaughter, be allowed to come back from Georgia ?

Back