• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hmm I was looking forward to the Tuesday night game, yes I will be working back in London by then but I like a mid-week game as I can get back to Southend in plenty of time but I am working night shifts all week of the 7th January. I finish at 8am Saturday and start again at 8pm. It takes about an hour to get home and roughly the same coming back so that means getting home about 9, grab some sleep and aim to leave about 1.30 to come back to Southend (foregoing the pre-match beers and eating on the hop). I'll then have 3 hours after the game before my shift starts (I currently work 10 mins from Roots Hall) to get some food and have a leisurely couple of pints!? So it is possible but that's going to leave me absolutely k-nackered!
It's no wonder I want out of shift work and back to regular Monday-Friday flexi-time, even if it means going to London!

They didn't have a gap until Tuesday night. Its not the first time two L1 clubs have rearranged a league fixture on FAC 3rd round day.

We always knew something might happen if Posh went through. We do have 3 games at home in January so if any are called off we could reuse the same Tuesday date as the original Sheffield game on 28th Feb.

And it might have been helpful if they'd let people know if Posh go through we will look to rearrange a Tuesday game for that week (it didn't happen when we were knocked out of the cup in the first round again and had a blank weekend). This is what fan engagement means. The club were looking for a way to improve and this is a perfect example of a little thing that can be done to improve it by letting people know the club's thinking instead of waiting until it was a done deal to announce.

They didn't have a gap until Tuesday night. Its not the first time two L1 clubs have rearranged a league fixture on FAC 3rd round day.

We always knew something might happen if Posh went through. We do have 3 games at home in January so if any are called off we could reuse the same Tuesday date as the original Sheffield game on 28th Feb.

No we couldn't.

Apart from Sheffield United every other team will be playing a match on the 28th Feb.

There have been many a time when we have played midweek, when the following Saturdays game has been disappointing, and this has been apportioned on 3 games in that particular week causing tiredness.
Now the original date for this fixture has been moved, we must surely have an advantage on all other teams ( apart from the Blades) that we are playing on a week to week basis during that week?.

I still like my original suggestion, namely rearrange the Coventry away game for Jan 7th. Firstly it would mean not front loading all of our home games early in the new year (maybe financial constraints as well for non-season ticket holders immediately after Christmas). And secondly I honestly believe Coventry owe us big time for last seasons pig circus, namely moving a Saturday game to a Bank Holiday Monday evening. This would have been a perfect opportunity to redress the balance for our away fans.

A reminder for people. If you're going to be in the Roots Hall area anytime soon you may want to pick up your tickets for this rearranged fixture.

Home tickets not selling well at the moment for this game with just 4,549 sold so far (plus the East Blues etc that don't show). Which is only 200 more than the upcoming Rochdale game.
Sheffield United are bound to sell out the away end.
Tickets always sell better a few days before the game so let's hope we can get that upto 6,500+

Home tickets not selling well at the moment for this game with just 4,549 sold so far (plus the East Blues etc that don't show). Which is only 200 more than the upcoming Rochdale game.
Sheffield United are bound to sell out the away end.
Tickets always sell better a few days before the game so let's hope we can get that upto 6,500+

Late re-scheduling of a game oftenimpacts on ticket sales, especially the away numbers. People have already made arrangements to do other things with a spare Saturday. Conversely, with both teams doing well we could be pleasantly surprised at the gate. If we get a result at Swindon that will persuade a few more home supporters to shell out and turn up. Here's hoping.

Late re-scheduling of a game oftenimpacts on ticket sales, especially the away numbers. People have already made arrangements to do other things with a spare Saturday. Conversely, with both teams doing well we could be pleasantly surprised at the gate. If we get a result at Swindon that will persuade a few more home supporters to shell out and turn up. Here's hoping.
Yep it would seem as if bringing this game forward has failed on the ticket sales front at the moment, with only another 137 home tickets sold so far since yesterday morning.
Obviously that is only online sales at the moment, but It will need a huge effort to get that upto 6,500+ home tickets. I can see them giving some away to local schools in the South Lower.
Shame as the team are really putting in a good effort at the moment.

I'm sure with Sheff Utd going great guns at present, they will bring a lot more fans next Saturday, that a cold Tues night at the end of Feb?.
Football fans always find the money from somewhere, to follow their team when doing well. I'm sure we will have an 8,000 plus crowd for this game. Even if we win, I doubt the following games against Bolton, Rochdale & Scunthorpe will equal next Saturdays crowd.

Surprised at how poor ticket sales have been . Just over 5k sold so far. I would have thought this has the potential to have been another 10k crowd.

Surprised at how poor ticket sales have been . Just over 5k sold so far. I would have thought this has the potential to have been another 10k crowd.
maybe people are skint after Xmas, still think Sheffield Utd will bring around 1800 on Saturday so should still see around 8,000 on the day I would think:unsure:

Back