• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

should adult kids contribute?

Yep always had to pay house keep ( £30 a week ), in turn all my shirts washed , ironed , food ready on the table when i got home wallop .

Now i a pay 10 times as much living with my bird , i get **** all shirts washed and ironed and **** all food ready on the table when get home ..........somethings wrong there eh !!!
put your foot down

whilst drinking with a few lads the other night,someone mentioned this topic.

the blokes in question all have kids in full time employment and from the 5 of us,3 said they charged/made their kids cough up dosh each month whilst the other 2 allowed their kids to pay zilch.

i think it makes them see the real world if they have to help towards the costs ie food/bills ect.

i take 20% of their net pay .

your views please.

Interesting question. When I was in that situation I paid my parents £10 a week. So did my brother...except he never paid! The amount might have been small but the idea was right, and it meant I could pay off student debts and save to move out.

Personally I think it's a good idea. I think it's important to make sure kids know the value of money before they go out in the big wide world. It does, however, depend on how much they earn...

Last edited:
I pay a measly £50 a month. However, my mum doesnt want to take anymore off me as she would rather me pay my debt off for my car etc.

She said that while she doesnt need the money she would rather I spent it paying things off. I give her money every now and then when she has been shopping etc, I also help out in every way around the house too. Plus I'm not actually there a great deal of time anyways. Plus while she knows that I have debt to pay she wont accept any more money from me. Believe me though, having to pay off loans and credit cards for enough years I really do know the value of money. I might not pay a lot of house keeping but I've never had handouts and I don't ask for anything from my parents I never have. I think it is right that every adult kid should pay to live at home, but not so much that it leaves them unable to save for their own place etc.

Same here. I've never taken money off my parents and never will. They spent enough bringing me up.

Last edited:
we've said that as soon as the kids earn they will be paying. not a lot but something. although i will let them have the first month free.

Thats very nice of you to give them the first month free sufcessex, bet sufcliam can't wait

Back