• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Bond be given the job next season?

Should SUFC give Bond the manager’s job?

• Yes

Votes: 253 70.9%
  • No

Votes: 104 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted 'No' but i'm starting to sway towards 'yes'. He will have good contacts having been in the game for so long and with 'Arry's assistance I'm sure he will pull a few strings.

Looking who else is out there it's either the usual rubbish on the managerial recycling dump or untested ex players. Unfortunately every ex player isn't going to turn out to be as good as Steve Tilson.

I voted 'No' but i'm starting to sway towards 'yes'. He will have good contacts having been in the game for so long and with 'Arry's assistance I'm sure he will pull a few strings.

Looking who else is out there it's either the usual rubbish on the managerial recycling dump or untested ex players. Unfortunately every ex player isn't going to turn out to be as good as Steve Tilson.
And Paul Brush. Tilson wasn't the same after Brush left!

I hear Phil Brown's bestie Jeremy Kyle is looking for work?

Hope the oily, bear baiting,chav never sets foot on TV again

I hope this suicide stays with him, as he realises peoples depression is not good viewing on TV,whilst raking in money on their misery

Vile,vile man

The headline "new manager" made me think we were bringing someone else in, but everything written in that article suggests Bond is staying on and has been deciding who is retained.

The clue is in the picture. Ron will reveal himself as the new manager surrounded by scantily clad woman while throwing wads of cash in the air.

Kev absolutely deserves the chance after delivering what most of us was impossible last season. I have nothing but gratitude towards him but I’m not sure if he is the man to take us forward. Kevin Bond the firefighter, the coach who came in to coach a team for a few weeks and try to do something many said couldn’t be done is a complete different job to Kevin Bond the full time manager who has to sign player, keep/let go players etc. As I said, he absolutely deserves the this opportunity but me personally, I’d have rather us gone down the “young, up and coming manager” route.

I will of course absolutely give him and the team my support, please don’t think otherwise.

Last edited:
Kev absolutely deserves the chance after delivering what most of us was impossible last season. I have nothing but gratitude towards him but I’m not sure if he is the man to take us forward. Kevin Bond the firefighter, the coach who came in to coach a team for a few weeks and try to do something many said couldn’t be done is a complete different job to Kevin Bond the full time manager who has to sign player, keep/let go players etc. As I said, he absolutely deserves the this opportunity but me personally, I’d have rather us gone down the “young, up and colony manager” route.

I will of course absolutely give him and the team my support, please don’t think otherwise.
Oh yea you wasn’t keen at all when he came in to save us, I remember telling you to give the guy a chance

Oh yea you wasn’t keen at all when he came in to save us, I remember telling you to give the guy a chance

I wasn't. I thought that it was a very underwhelming appointment, a cheap one but he proved me wrong.. very wrong. For that I am prepared to give him my backing, he deserves that much but it's still a direction I wouldn't have gone with if it were me making the decisions.. some might say it's good that I'm not!

I think he's worth a contract, if it dos'nt work out then he will be gone within a year.
No different from anyone else who Ron may decide on?.

After listening to RM interview it seems he likes KB I guess it's down to what the contract will be

Back