• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Bond be given the job next season?

Should SUFC give Bond the manager’s job?

• Yes

Votes: 253 70.9%
  • No

Votes: 104 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Very true. That is my conjecture. Maybe both Hurst and Clarke turned down Southend in favour of clubs with smaller support bases and worst league positions?

Scunthorpe are well funded and have spent more than us in recent years.

Bond managed to save an unfit and virtually written off team. Some of these players are unable to play 1-2 games together as they have long term issues with fitness / injury. For me, I say give him an opportunity to put his stamp on it. Any manager we get is going to have a mixed record, to me we are at a point where a safe and steady pair of hands is needed at least for another season. I think Bond gives us that.

Whatever the outcome can we have a decision this week please Ron before the Zone implodes.

I am surprised there's not been an announcement already, really can't wait too much longer, not fair on those due to be released to be kept in limbo.

Whoever takes this job is going to have a hell of a battle to keep us up next year. We have an ageing squad who are going to be a year older. Promising youngsters, but hardly anyone in the middle (ie at their peak). There are still a lot of players with long-term and chronic injury issues on long contracts. He won't have much budget to bring in many players of his own as we don't have many players out of contract.

Good luck.

I take it then Scunthorpe are funded by a well-resourced board given that their gates are pretty low.

Peter Swann is the owner of Cool Fun Ltd, which operates the Sands live music venue in Blackpool. His wife Karin is joint-chairman of the Wilkinson Hardware Stores chain and is the granddaughter of its founder.[9]

His family fortune was estimated by the Sunday Times at £340 million in 2013.[10]

Peter Swann is the owner of Cool Fun Ltd, which operates the Sands live music venue in Blackpool. His wife Karin is joint-chairman of the Wilkinson Hardware Stores chain and is the granddaughter of its founder.[9]

His family fortune was estimated by the Sunday Times at £340 million in 2013.[10]

Credit to Peter Swann. How many men on the Zone ever get to spend their wifes money.....On football.

In today's Echo Harry says that Bond will have good contacts re loan players being signed. Maybe that will be key next season.

Credit to Peter Swann. How many men on the Zone ever get to spend their wifes money.....On football.
Good point,My wife doesn't like me spending my money on football.
She can't understand why I pay £50 a year on a season ticket:Smile:

In today's Echo Harry says that Bond will have good contacts re loan players being signed. Maybe that will be key next season.

Yeah great let’s have a team of other peoples players? I don’t get this obsession some have with who has contacts for loan players? Loans should be a last resort and is very short term.

Identify your own, develop your own, produce your own, improve your own, trust your own.

Why do someone else’s work for someone else’s benefit?

Yeah great let’s have a team of other peoples players? I don’t get this obsession some have with who has contacts for loan players? Loans should be a last resort and is very short term.

Identify your own, develop your own, produce your own, improve your own, trust your own.

Whilst I agree, I’d much rather we put faith in our own youngsters and/or buy young from the lower leagues and develop them.. at this level of football we live by a “here and now” way of life. Managers simply don’t get the time to build for the future so it’s much easier for clubs like us to bring in quality from above even for a short time just to almost see us through that season if you like.

Moore and Hart were for our benefit. Without them we would be in L2.

They are part of the modern game and a must for a club like ours. As we don't have much financial room for new faces for us next season, Harry is correct in what he says.

Agree in principle, but we have some issues on the wings particularly. If we can't secure / afford the permanent signings we need due to Kightly, Dieng and others sitting out their contracts then an astute loan or two could be a good option. We will need all the tools in our transfer box this Summer, as there are a number of constraints which may hinder us.

Agree in principle, but we have some issues on the wings particularly. If we can't secure / afford the permanent signings we need due to Kightly, Dieng and others sitting out their contracts then an astute loan or two could be a good option. We will need all the tools in our transfer box this Summer, as there are a number of constraints which may hinder us.

Indeed. No one will want to see any PL academy players take the place of Dru or Elvis. But someone with Championship experience in the middle or out wide to replace Kightly will not offend to many in the stands at RH.

Pus we have signed players full time after successful loans and may even have a chance of a return with Moore or Hart, so its not all bad.

Indeed. No one will want to see any PL academy players take the place of Dru or Elvis. But someone with Championship experience in the middle or out wide to replace Kightly will not offend to many in the stands at RH.

Pus we have signed players full time after successful loans and may even have a chance of a return with Moore or Hart, so its not all bad.
You could really do with an L in the first word of that last sentence Riggers, its a bit messy otherwise.

They are part of the modern game and a must for a club like ours. As we don't have much financial room for new faces for us next season, Harry is correct in what he says.
Whilst I'm also not a massive fan of loans, this is the exact reason why a club like ours needs to take full advantage of it.

I always thought PB actually used loans particularly well. A try before you buy if you like. Thompson, O'Neill, Bolger, Hendrie, probably a few others he at least tried to sign again as well. If we could do similar this window and we somehow manage to get Moore and Hart on full time deals then you won't see me moaning about the loan system anytime soon.

But you’ve just selected the examples that suit your argument....

Hart was a necessity I agree, as Hendrie and Coker had long term injuries that necessitated the requirement to replace short term....this I understand. But we wouldn’t have needed him had both the aforementioned not got injured and we were arguably no better off....

Moore was excellent and I’m his biggest fan. I honestly believe he’ll play in the Prem.....

Bunn though was a waste of time. His inconsistency his lack of fitness both physically and with injuries meant despite his obvious talent he, as either a forward or a winger, stunted the development of several potential U23 players we already have...

All loans really do is alleviate you from any long term financial burden....and buy you time to recover from injuries and / or allow time for other players to develop....if they hinder either it’s a waste of time.

I agree they are a part of the modern game and sometimes a necessity but they should be used for exactly that....when it’s a necessity.

As I say it only saves you long term commitment to finances....there is still a loan fee and a portion of or all of the wages....and they aren’t always cheap.

But it does mean you aren’t committed financially should there be a long term injury, a change in manager who doesn’t fancy them, a loss of form or even if they don’t develop like you’d have hoped....as there would be if they were on permanent or long term contracts.

The best you can hope for is another loan period for Moore but I don’t see for a second a chance of permanent signings of either him or Hart....

Back