• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Bond be given the job next season?

Should SUFC give Bond the manager’s job?

• Yes

Votes: 253 70.9%
  • No

Votes: 104 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why is there not a betting market?
Probably because as far as the bookies are concerned Bond is still our manager, doubt you'll see a market unless we officially announce that Bond isn't getting an extension.

I didn't like Bond's complete lack of emotion when the goals were flying in against Sunderland.

At the very least he could have let off some illegal Chinese fireworks and driven up and down the seafront in a convertible car with Sammy the shrimp after the game.

I didn't like Bond's complete lack of emotion when the goals were flying in against Sunderland.

At the very least he could have let off some illegal Chinese fireworks and driven up and down the seafront in a convertible car with Sammy the shrimp after the game.

That was me....a bit o t t I grant ...sorry for any confusion caused...:Blush:

So two of the teams that got relegated have made good managerial appointments whilst we still don’t technically have a manager nor have we released our retained list. Call me daft, I know the season finished a week ago but I’d rather the uncertainty end before the summer starts. I mean, who right this minute is making plans for next season? Do we know who is going to be in charge going forward? Does the club know who the potential manager wants to keep or release? Do we have any targets in mind to booster the squad? Is it just me or does our club always seem to do things late compared to other clubs? For example, our retained list, unveiling of kits.. that sort of thing. By now I’d rather have the manager in place so we can start to look forward and plan for next season.

I think we all need to calm down a bit, Bond will stay on as manager the talks at the moment are most likely just ironing out the finer details otherwise the conversation would have been very short.

As for player recruitment I'm sure that the players that are queuing up to turn out at roots hall will be happy to wait until June and the ones that won't will still be happy to wait until June as that's when they will stop being paid by their current club.

I think we all need to calm down a bit, Bond will stay on as manager the talks at the moment are most likely just ironing out the finer details otherwise the conversation would have been very short.

As for player recruitment I'm sure that the players that are queuing up to turn out at roots hall will be happy to wait until June and the ones that won't will still be happy to wait until June as that's when they will stop being paid by their current club.

You are probably right. Kevin Bond accomplished his mission of keeping Southend up. But what is odd is that he was given this opportunity ahead of younger managers like Paul Hurst who had a proven track record at this level. It will be interesting how see how KB copes with the sort of budget that will be at his disposal if he becomes manager.

You are probably right. Kevin Bond accomplished his mission of keeping Southend up. But what is odd is that he was given this opportunity ahead of younger managers like Paul Hurst who had a proven track record at this level. It will be interesting how see how KB copes with the sort of budget that will be at his disposal if he becomes manager.

What you mean f-all?

That is purely your conjecture. None of us know if he was given the opportunity ahead of the 'younger managers', or if these managerial upstarts decided against the taking on the challenge. Or something else.

That is purely your conjecture. None of us know if he was given the opportunity ahead of the 'younger managers', or if these managerial upstarts decided against the taking on the challenge. Or something else.

Very true. That is my conjecture. Maybe both Hurst and Clarke turned down Southend in favour of clubs with smaller support bases and worst league positions?

Whatever the outcome can we have a decision this week please Ron before the Zone implodes.

Back