• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown Stay ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Forget the silly bits like Phil Brown, three matches this, three matches that, whinges about entertainment.
Take it all away and ask a far simpler question.
How much time/grace/patience do you give to a manager who has got your club promotion then consolidated in the division above.....

I'm glad Ron is the chairman and not some posters on here who would have us changing managers every other week, Some teams try that and it doesnt work. We are Southend, its a tough ride we all know that. Just enjoy a win and have a good drink after a loose. Be honest with yourelves. League 1 at this moment in time is a good level for us. We will have runs of wins and when we do I say rejoice at that news.

Good post.....management of expectations is always essential when supporting a lower league club.

my instant instinct is always to back the manager- no matter who is he . Every season will have ups and downs and dependant on the exact time you look at the situationyour manger can be crap or brilliant.

Personally I have been concerned over the last couple of months that we seemed to be depending on who ever it was who was injured to 'save us'. i.e Brown bigged up Atkinson's contribution yesterday , yet there are often threads/posts on here stating 'crab, adds nothing, breaks down OUR attacks etc etc'. I totally get the 'judge me when I havemy best team etc etc' but what are we supposed to do when players are injured. According to Brown himself anyone that has not had a full pre season will not last the whole season- so if we are all banking on Ranger then we are going to come unstuck . As someone else has said I would feel more 'comfortable- happy if we could play some good football , on a semi regular basis with whatever team we put out . I don't think the last few games prove Brown has got everything sussed and we are going to do great for the rest of the season (although I hope I am wrong)- Seven points is great, and if we loose on Saturday- but play well I won't be 'happy' but I will appreciate that we ahve played well AGAIN- and that suggests we are heading in the right direction

Forget the silly bits like Phil Brown, three matches this, three matches that, whinges about entertainment.
Take it all away and ask a far simpler question.
How much time/grace/patience do you give to a manager who has got your club promotion then consolidated in the division above.....

The poor 30 match sequence would have seen most gaffers out the door,the 15 match winless run would have seen the gaffer sacked...you cannot go on about the promotion,fair enough if we played entertaining football,truth is we have been very poor for a long time.

The poor 30 match sequence would have seen most gaffers out the door,the 15 match winless run would have seen the gaffer sacked...you cannot go on about the promotion,fair enough if we played entertaining football,truth is we have been very poor for a long time.

We have been poop since new year no doubt...and lots of managers may have been booted....but we were sniffing at the play offs before the bad spell and we were never in any relegation form. Certainly some poor poor results and performances this season (sprinkled with the odd win)
Your notion of forgetting the promotion is way off the mark...let's forget opinion and here are facts
Brown got us promoted and then comfortably kept us in the division.
No getting away from terrible time since new year.
Recent turn around in form.
You do not even bother to watch the team.

If you could also clarify how far back we are allowed to go when judging managers that would be great.

We have been poop since new year no doubt...and lots of managers may have been booted....but we were sniffing at the play offs before the bad spell and we were never in any relegation form. Certainly some poor poor results and performances this season (sprinkled with the odd win)
Your notion of forgetting the promotion is way off the mark...let's forget opinion and here are facts
Brown got us promoted and then comfortably kept us in the division.
No getting away from terrible time since new year.
Recent turn around in form.
You do not even bother to watch the team.

Modern day football managers get the boot after winning cups or promotion,it's a nasty business but they all know the score.I maintain Phil is very lucky to have the gig still especially after the dross we have seen.

I will return next RH game as long as he plays 2 up(TTS is now going mental)

If you could also clarify how far back we are allowed to go when judging managers that would be great.

Jose got the boot even though he won many trophies with Chelsea...1 poor run and he was outed.

Many more .

Modern day football managers get the boot after winning cups or promotion,it's a nasty business but they all know the score.I maintain Phil is very lucky to have the gig still especially after the dross we have seen.

I will return next RH game as long as he plays 2 up(TTS is now going mental)

Fickle and spineless as usual.....

I said on here we should judge him once he has his preferred 11 on the pitch and based on results since that's been the case he should stay. He had to cope with the loss of Bentley & Payne as well as a horrible run of injuries at the start of the season which would have given any manager a near impossible job. He should stay in my opinion. Onwards & upwards.

Brown in, I only get ****ed off if the players showing sign that they not playing for PB, but it's clear they do & the players have togetherness in training ground & enjoying it. We lost by 4-0/4-0 & 3-0 because the opposition was better than us, we played most of top 10, now we have to start picking up points off teams around us, which we did Vs Chesterfield & MK Dons. We have Shrewsbury on Saturday, I be happy with a scrappy 1-0 win, to keep our run going.

Wow he is actually thinking and putting into practice what we have been saying for ages.

It's a simple game really. We have some very good players and now we are playing a system that suits we are getting results.

You still have to question what was he thinking for the last 6 months.

Wow he is actually thinking and putting into practice what we have been saying for ages.

It's a simple game really. We have some very good players and now we are playing a system that suits we are getting results.

Exactly !

Object of the game is to put the round thing into the large rectangle object with netting more times than the opponent...Phil must have been thinking if we score less then we win.

Absolutely! I've said it for months now. We have some quality players - fit the system around their strengths rather than trying to cram them into your preferred system. That's how you get the best out of what you have at your disposal. For the past few games he's really done that for the first time since he's been here. We got away with it in L2 because the squad was good enough to overcome the tactical deficiencies but against better oppo at this level he just needed to go back to basics and play a system which suits. Finally he is and fingers crossed it lasts.

As many have said though, again....it's 3 games. 3 games doesn't undo what we've seen since New Year and the jury remains out for me. Will do for some time. As someone else said too, PB is at his most destructive when we hit a sticky patch so we'll have to see what happens then. Credit to him for the past few weeks bough.

Back