• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Should we be aiming for the automatics next season ?

Going to be difficult with so many big clubs in the mix but why not? Have to strenghten the squad somewhat but I would certainly be looking at Southend being one of the main teams up there next season if cash is forthcoming for new players.

Thing is, if we do get up, can we stay up? That is an entirely different question indeed.

Not so sure about that. Norwich, Charlton and Saints will be aiming for auto's, and of course 3 from Leeds, MK, Scunny and Millwall will all be looking to push on next season. If Oldham have a settled season i can see them making a push for top 6, and Brentford will have that winning momentum like we had, Posh had, Donny had etc..

I've said before i can see next season being the toughest League one has EVER seen.

Our best shot would be play-offs, but you never know!!

Honestly believe this, too for next year regardless of who goes up through the play-offs!

Saying that, there's always a chance of thew three coming up etc to not do as well as leicester etc.. So it'd be a great season to be up there, competing with these sorts of teams

We can all believe ;)

As we should be aiming to win every game (ok some we may settle for draws....) automatic should be the aim, but the play-offs is a realistic target. I agree with those that think it will be a tough division next year, Id think one of the relegated teams will do ok, as will 2 or 3 of the play off losers, and there will be a few other teams rebuilding (Brighton, Swindon maybe...).

If we get in the play-offs next year I will be delighted.

Here are the teams I think will do very well next season and will all be lloking to push up the league, (not including us)

Southampton - will have a ten point deduction, as well as cash problems, but have the quality to bounce back at the first attempt

Norwich - again have the quality to bounce back at the first attempt.

Charlton - Once again have the quality to go straight back up, but i feel their better players will be on their way out, i.e Bailey, Ambrose, Holland, Zhi, Todorov

Millwall/Leeds - Both capable of pushing on next season.

MK/Scunny - These two need to hold onto their best players. otherwise top 10 is best they can hope for.

Oldham - were having a brilliant season, until the in-house trouble which has crippled their season. With a settled side and decent run they will be decent

Huddersfield - a team ALWAYS tipped for good things, but ALWAYS under perform. This could be their season.

Brentford - Will have that winning mentality that a lot of teams have after promotion. This season for example - Hull (start of season), Swansea, posh, MK, Exeter

I believe that we can get in the top 2 if we spend wisely and keep our best players. Some players from Norwich, Charlton and Southampton will leave. Charlton have a great player in Shelvey and if he doesn't leave then he could be a key player for them. Some of the current play-off teams could lose their best players if they are not promoted.

Heart say's yes, head say's no unfortunately. As has been said previously next season is going to be one of the toughest for many a year and I think it's probably going to be a step to far for us although I pray I'm wrong.

Make no mistake. Next season is, I believe, going to be make or break for Tilly and Brush. With the new stadium on the horizon for the season after next the importance of being in The Championship for the inaugural match cannot be underestimated and in that respect I believe Ron knows that only to well and will do all that it takes to make whatever finances Tilly needs available to make that happen. In order to compete on a level playing field with those that I believe will be around the promotion places come May 2010 Ron HAS to give Tilly and Brush his FULL financial backing, whatever that takes.

We should be aiming to win the title - no point turning up otherwise. What we should be expecting however is a different matter. It will be a very tough league and to be challenging to go up automatically will be a big ask. However always aim to finish first, every season.

Exactly. I hope that the Club are aiming to be promoted next season, but there's no way that anything other than promotion should be seen as a failure. Frankly, if we finish next season higher than we have this season then I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Hope Leeds go up - would be quite nice to get rid of them. That leaves Norwich, Charlton, Southampton. You'd expect all of them to do well, but law of averages one of them will royally screw it up! That leaves a place for someone else - maybe us if we play the transfer / loan game well? Also fancy Brighton under Slade.

I'll answer this question at the beginning of August, when we know (hopefully) whose left and what replacements have been signed up.

We have to aim as high as possible really, although realistically all we could hope for is the play-offs in my eyes.

There are going to be plenty of teams "in the mix" next season with the likes of Norwich, Southampton, Charlton, Leeds, Scunny, MK Dons and Millwall (Which ever 3 don't go up). Then you have the teams with a bit of money behind them that could make a fist of it like Huddersfield and Col Ewe. Don't forget the promoted teams as well. We went straight up through this division, as have Peterborough, and MK Dons where close.

Its going to be a very good season next season, with the potentail of 4 teams that where in the Premiership in the last 5/6 years. We have some good away days at the likes of Southampton. Plus there will be some large away supports at Roots Hall.

Its going to be fun, but we have to be aiming for the top 6.

Back