• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Shrimpers Trust Statement

I still think ron will take the ten point deduction to try and hang on to the fortune he/others will make from relocation

and see us lose players, still have a transfer ban, wind down the youth team academy, get relegated, crowds drop...

dangerous game to play, i'd suggest

I still think ron will take the ten point deduction to try and hang on to the fortune he/others will make from relocation

He will be doing everything in his power to stop us going into administration, I dont see why he would benefit any other way.

Dont forget he has already put a lot of money into this club and if nothing else he would not want to simply lose millions he has invested just to get us to this stage.

I always thought if it gets this close without securing the fund, then administration is a certainty.
Forever the optomist, but have now given up hope of Ron managing to pay off HMRC on time to avoid admin.
Joint second from bottom, but a couple of wins and we're out of the bottom 4!

All this secrecy is really starting to **** me off now.

Me too, but then so did the very public promises of bulging warchests that never materialised so I guess we can't have it both ways. It still doesn't make the waiting any easier, especially as I'm still hoping against hope that we can avoid administration tomorrow. I guess I should just give up hope as it seems to be the overwhelming most likely outcome now but as long as it's possible, I'm still praying he can pull off what he has had months to do - i.e. come up with the dosh.

hang in there people.. We are approaching injury time and there is still plenty of fight in the club yet.. come on lump it forward !

All this secrecy is really starting to **** me off now.

It's the way of business. People operate on a need to know basis. The fans might want to know, but they don't need to know.

I once worked on a takeover that was so top secret I didn't know who the client was or what company they were buying. Apparently I didn't need to know that information:unsure:

Think we may break the record for online users for this board tomorrow!
I shall be refreshing the OS frequently in the hope of seeing Rons sexy grey photo with some good news.

This is getting as exciting as a penalty shoot out; except we are England and Pearce is about to step up to the spot.

It's the way of business. People operate on a need to know basis. The fans might want to know, but they don't need to know.

I once worked on a takeover that was so top secret I didn't know who the client was or what company they were buying. Apparently I didn't need to know that information:unsure:

i was thinking if the club made their names public, it would be a free background check because the members of this forum would trawl the internet to dig up some dirt, we are also probably better at it.

or they might actually be completly legit :P

I have had the OS on refresh all day, Come on Ron, tell us the truth, as fans of this club which we love and support, we deserve to know the truth and not lies.

Statement Update - 04.11.09

The Shrimpers Trust are extremely pleased to see that the High Court’s decision to order Administration on Southend United FC has been adjourned until Friday but are concerned at the very short timescale announced for the payment to be made.

As reported yesterday, several Trust Committee members met with Directors of Southend United, although Ron Martin himself was unable to be present. Contact will be attempted as soon as possible with both the Chairman of the Football Club and the Consortium who tabled a bid for ownership in order to provide supporters with more information and to do as much as possible to help the Club.

All of the Trust Statements regarding the current financial plight SUFC finds itself in can be found on the Trust Website by clicking here.

The Shrimpers Trust are extremely pleased to see that the High Court’s decision to order Administration on Southend United FC has been adjourned until Friday but are concerned at the very short timescale announced for the payment to be made.

As reported yesterday, several Trust Committee members met with Directors of Southend United, although Ron Martin himself was unable to be present. Contact will be attempted as soon as possible with both the Chairman of the Football Club and the Consortium who tabled a bid for ownership in order to provide supporters with more information and to do as much as possible to help the Club.

All of the Trust Statements regarding the current financial plight SUFC finds itself in can be found on the Trust Website by clicking here.

The plot thickens, i wonder why the Shrimpers Trust wants to contact the Consortium, do they know something that we don't? UTB

Back