• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Folks,

In the coming weeks, the more eagle-eyed amongst you (or at least those with nothing better to do than to check up SZ's listing at Companies House) may notice a minor administrative change. The registered address of the company will be moving from its current address - 20 Shell Road, in Lewisham - to an address in London Road, Leigh-on-sea.

This is for two reasons. First, the directors of the Zone agreed that a website about Southend United really ought to be "domiciled" within the borough. Secondly, this is because 20 Shell Road, in Lewisham, is where I happen to live... until Friday. I will then be heading off to work on my tan in an entirely tax-free jurisdiction as a construction lawyer on the many and varied exciting projects that are about to come on stream in Qatar, in the Arabian Gulf.

(No, not Dubai. Nor the UAE. Qatar. You know, the place that got awarded the World Cup in 2022... the purple place on the left of this map...)

uae_map.gif

For a variety of reasons (well, OK, distance and my status as a tax exile), this means that I am also resigning as a director of ShrimperZone. Although it pains me to leave my formal role of this amazing website, this should have no effect whatsoever on you all as Zoners. The rest of the current directors remain entirely committed to the site - and it really could not be in better hands; Cricko, mcnasty, Uncle Leo and South Bank Hank are all gentlemen of the highest calibre and their running of this site is first class, as I'm sure you'd agree.

I will also be "staying on", as it were, in a non-exec / consultancy role, occasionally wiffling on as is my wont, and occasionally having a good idea - or at least I will be once I have found a house, got connected to the internet, unchained myself from the grindstone, etc etc.

I look forward to keeping up with the world's greatest football team through the medium of the world's greatest football fans' site - ShrimperZone.com.

:loyalsupporter:

Up the Blues!

Matt

All round Matts for the World Cup then :smile:

I'd like to think you'll maintain at least mod status though, the thought of me being able to lord it over you is one that doesn't quite sit right :raspberry:

The very best of luck in what i'm sure will be a very exciting opportunity :loyalsupporter:

Cheers mate - and yes, I'll remain a mod. Although, as "Moderator of Moderators", surely you lord it over me already...?!

:winking:

Hope to be back in Blighty before the WC, incidentally. I'm just hoping to get involved in some of the contracts for the stadiums...

:smile:

Best wishes to you and the family Matt, I'm sure you'll find a good reason to post the photo of you with Chrissy Powell at least once during your exile!

Sounds like an amazing opportunity MtS, all the best with your new adventure. I'm sure when you pop back on here from time you time you'll realise that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Up the Blues, and make sure you take some Factor 40!

Sounds like an amazing opportunity MtS, all the best with your new adventure. I'm sure when you pop back on here from time you time you'll realise that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Up the Blues, and make sure you take some Factor 40!

Fear not, Matt's butler will be sun-bathing on his behalf.

Good luck Matt, not jealous at all (much!). If you need a reliable and good value management trainer for your hoards of underlings, then I'm your man! (SUFC banter after work provided free of charge!)

Good luck Matt, and I hope it all goes well for you. Will you be involved on any of the Oil & Gas Projects currently happening in Qatar? Be interested to hear, my company is involved in Saudi currently but also looking to get into Qatar.

Cheers & good luck.

Back