• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

haha
I can't do that!
Some bloke wanted a fiver a week on mine..

gotta go now, so have to look into it all more tomorow ;)

like to see some good advice for a newbie like me from all you lot soon though!.. haha

Best thing to do is to just take it nice and slow. This should be a great leveller, so your inexperience will be no disadvantage.

As far as the game goes, anything that works in real life, will generally work here. If you have players who can pass, play a passing game. If you've got one big bloke, make him a target man and play long ball. It's that simple. Feel free to post on here with any questions though, someone will always help.

Just started the game and looked at everything, now im dreading this challenge, but still im confident.

Me too. It's a huge squad of rubbish players, so I've already started pruning.

Make sure you check the Rules, next to the league table, there's important information there.

Also, note that a lot of your players are part-timers, you may want to get them full-time.

Pruning will be interesting, as I'm taking it slowly, not clicked continue yet, that would be madness.

Many clippers to be used though. Changing the currency does make it more confusing, but more realistic.

Very much doubt it, only players my assistant deem's realistic are indians and a couple of nigerians.

put in a couple of offers so far, and changing the currency to rupee's makes it seem like you have abit of money to spend.
Yeah I know, it almost makes the 11k seem respectable.

Oh no! Just been pushing forward for my first friendly and I've lost two of the Nigerians to injury! They're my only decent players!

Now that I've changed the currency, they're 3.5m strikers!

Count me in! I love these challenges, I'm a lower league manager at heart and have had careers and challenges under even stricter rules than this, such as no searching for players yourself or buying players you know and letting your scouts do all the work. Then if you can't have a player scouted you can only sign him if you can look at him on trial. Mad!

Anyhoo, I'm in. Can't start today but will do over the weekend!

Yep, just played my first game. The defenders are absolutely shocking! Was 2-3 down after 88 minutes, but came back in six minutes of injury time to win 4-3.

Genius Zenith. Does exactly what it says on the birth certificate.

Right, got to go to work now!

Lost my first friendley 5-1 was a terrible all round performance, but through that i learnt who could handle themselves in my formation and my tactics, changed a few around and the formation slightley, went on to win the secound game 3-1

I am very much in, terrific rules Slipper, I will be starting this up tomorrow I would imagine.

I wont be able to keep away!!

Got home from work at 3am so decided to start this and see how it goes...

Played three friendlies so far - lost all three 1-2, 3-4, 0-2. The defence are a bunch of donkeys! Pires is good out on the wing, my man Bungo is average, but deserves to be in the midfield for comedy value more than anything :D

Don't think i can handle losing again, so im off to bed!

Back