• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SoL Sport Special Live From Burroughs Park

The triallist at no. 4 was Steve Staunton (No, not that one).

Ademeno still has a knee problem and Zoltan Lipstick has apparently gone back to Hungary to sort out a contractual problem.

The GRW player did indeed make a remark to JCR snf drom what I have found out, somewhat similar to the Zidane remark in the World Cup Final. I saw him (JCR) sitting in his motor looking very forlorn, alone, at the end of the game.

The triallist at no. 4 was Steve Staunton (No, not that one).

Ademeno still has a knee problem and Zoltan Lipstick has apparently gone back to Hungary to sort out a contractual problem.

The GRW player did indeed make a remark to JCR snf drom what I have found out, somewhat similar to the Zidane remark in the World Cup Final. I saw him (JCR) sitting in his motor looking very forlorn, alone, at the end of the game.

i stood near jcr for the 2nd half and he looked alright.. probably got a bollocking from tilly after the match because no matter what was said, he did lose it and there is no excuse really

i stood near jcr for the 2nd half and he looked alright.. probably got a bollocking from tilly after the match because no matter what was said, he did lose it and there is no excuse really

If someone said something nasty to me, I'd have lost it as well ... especially if it was racist....you can't tell me you'd just take it...

I'd have lumped him - just like I've done with other people that I don't like...:finger:

when you are a professional player then 'lumping' him isn't an option... your career is a stake! if it was racist/about his mum/whatever then tell the ref and let him deal with it... in footie players are always saying things to try and wind the opposition up and the best thing to do is let your football do the talking... not lumping someone and getting a ban

I can see your point of view ...but surely on the heat of the moment after just hearing something not very nice - you become very angry and your emotions take over. When you're ****ed off you don't think of the best thing to do ... you just act on how you feel at the specific time of the incident.. and if the bloke had just said something nice .. the next thing would be to say something back or 'lump' him ....

Of course, I could be alone on this view....

well i think reactions to these things can be controlled.. especially by professional footballers... if someone said something to me on the street or club then i may turn around and smack them... but for a pro footballer who's job it is to entertain then i think they have an obligation to control their emotions and that is probably what tilly said to him

I respect your opinion...and I'm not going to keep on using the same debate of mine ... lol

Heard the Wakering striker (ex-Forest Gary Parker looky-likey) say later that JCR and opponent were having a private battle thru the first half and apparently JCR saying to him repeatedly "who do you play for?tell me,who exactly do you play for?who the hell are Wakering?"
-before he started to go proper lemon at him.
Good boy Jamal,nice to see the baby-Bentley brigade actually give a toss.
I've seen real career threatening lunges as wild as you like aimed at JCR but never react like that,i'm guessing he said something racist and nasty for 20 geezers to hold JCR back like that.

steve staunton - 18yo charlton youthteamer according to brushy on the OS

well i think reactions to these things can be controlled.. especially by professional footballers... if someone said something to me on the street or club then i may turn around and smack them... but for a pro footballer who's job it is to entertain then i think they have an obligation to control their emotions and that is probably what tilly said to him

They may have an obligation to try to control their emotions, but just because you get played to play football, doesnt automatically mean that all the psychological rules of the human mind cease to apply. Yes, you can take measures to remain calmer, but sometimes this isn't possible. Bit like saying a pilot has an obligation not to crash, just because he's paid not to doesnt mean he never will.

Having said that, he should still receive a bollicking and a half, as in a league match he may well have been sent off, potentially costing the team points.

They may have an obligation to try to control their emotions, but just because you get played to play football, doesnt automatically mean that all the psychological rules of the human mind cease to apply. Yes, you can take measures to remain calmer, but sometimes this isn't possible. Bit like saying a pilot has an obligation not to crash, just because he's paid not to doesnt mean he never will.

Having said that, he should still receive a bollicking and a half, as in a league match he may well have been sent off, potentially costing the team points.

my point exactly... of course players aren't robots and players lose their cool... but it players do get taught how to play on the edge and i would have hoped that jcr, normally a calm guy would have manged to, and so obviously something must have been said to cause him to lose it but in a 'friendly' you don't really expect scenes like that and i agree, i hope he did get a rollocking

Heard the Wakering striker (ex-Forest Gary Parker looky-likey) say later that JCR and opponent were having a private battle thru the first half and apparently JCR saying to him repeatedly "who do you play for?tell me,who exactly do you play for?who the hell are Wakering?"
-before he started to go proper lemon at him.
Good boy Jamal,nice to see the baby-Bentley brigade actually give a toss.

Assuming this did happen, what does this show us that JCR gives "a toss" about? SUFC? To my mind it simply proves that the GWR player succeeded in winding him up.

I find those alleged remarks of JCR's disappointing, patronising and I think they show a distinct lack of class. There's no need to disrespect your opponent, just rise above him and beat him at the game.

Hope none of it is true really.

Assuming this did happen, what does this show us that JCR gives "a toss" about? SUFC? To my mind it simply proves that the GWR player succeeded in winding him up.

I find those alleged remarks of JCR's disappointing, patronising and I think they show a distinct lack of class. There's no need to disrespect your opponent, just rise above him and beat him at the game.

Hope none of it is true really.

yep i agree... jcr is too good to stoop that low really.. it would wind the bloke up more if he repeatly skinned him and completely ignored him everytime he spoke to him

I can imagine JCR in a fight situation, it will be like when scrappy doo wanted a fight!

Why are we wondering about JCR's temperament??

Earlier in the post someone has suggested we have a season of Bradbury and Harrold up front!! And you thought you were getting an early bird "discount"....

Back