• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SoL Sport Special Live From Burroughs Park

Not a men's game anymore... All handbags and silly people wearing gloves and suits in the summer.

From what I hear it wasnt the other guy flying off the handle and clattering him that caused JCR to react ?

like i said the tackle in question didn't look anything out of the ordinary.. teh ref blew for the half and then all i saw was them have some words and then jcr go nuts and have to be held back from a load of players.. it's all speculation but i would suggest that jcr had a word about the tackle and then the other guy said something to really wind him up

Another very strange view. Tell the ref?? What is he supposed to do about something he didn't hear?!

let the ref know that it is going on and then the ref will tend to keep an eye on it(it's what maher does all the time)... if this guy is flying in all the time then jcr should just tell the ref to calm it down, it's a friendly after all. to be fair i thought the ref did a good job as i doubt he expected the game to be so heated

Course they abuse each other and theres nothing wrong with that, but by belttling the club your opponent plays for makes you look a bit stupid in my opinion, especially if your not exactly playing for a massive club yourself.

Reminds me of a game at Cupids about 8 years ago against Southcurch Hall OS. Their left young midfielder kept moaning all game and being a wimp about nothing really, every tackle moan moan moan.

Having had enough i advised him, in a polite manner!!!, that he was a girl and that i swould shag him in the showers after the game. He looked stunned, especially when i said i wasn't joking. At that point my mate who was standing nearby asked if he could have a go afterwards. The young fellow advised us we were sick...."not as sick as you'll feel afterwards" i replied.

Funnily enough he disappeared to the other wing and shot off rather sharpish at the final whistle......his face was a picture though.....:hilarious: :D

And before anyone asks no i didn't and no i had no intention to either:finger:

funnily enough you were the one who immediately came to mind when i typed that final sentance

Banned for what?

1) For wearing a suit to football
2) For over-loading your car with people
3) For being the sexiest man on the planet.

My god, this post now looks like i talk to myself..

But if a player is trying to wind-up an opponent, should the player being wound-up retaliate with a tough tackle, the player instigating the winding-up should be able to accept this without going into one.

Back