• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some Club Staff Salaries Late/Embargo Chat - now resolved (for now)

FYI: The ticket office staff haven't missed any paydays. That is from someone who works in there...
It does seem the only way we will get to who hasn't been paid (I have no idea if it's the case or not) is by eliminating those who have...It seems at worst it's now rumoured that some staff have not been paid (but we don't know who)...

Yes really, I think people would be even more concerned than they are now if they knew nothing, angry even.
Most seasons we hear very little between the end of the season and pre-season. Have never seen people angry by that before.

It does seem the only way we will get to who hasn't been paid (I have no idea if it's the case or not) is by eliminating those who have...It seems at worst it's now rumoured that some staff have not been paid (but we don't know who)...
The only department that has been heavily hinting are the groundsmen, it would be odd of it was just one department of full time employees not paid, something doesn't seem to add up

The only department that has been heavily hinting are the groundsmen, it would be odd of it was just one department of full time employees not paid, something doesn't seem to add up
Very...not least because they wouldn't (my assumption and sorry if wrong) be the most highly paid so the financial impact wouldn't material (except of course on the employees concerned). So that would be very odd..

Very...not least because they wouldn't (my assumption and sorry if wrong) be the most highly paid so the financial impact wouldn't material (except of course on the employees concerned). So that would be very odd..
Could it be that most other full time staff are in the business of some kind of revenue collection - either selling tickets or commercial activities???

I guess we haven't heard from Sharon in accounts or Tracy on reception to refute that theory?

Maybe the lack of announcements is because the person with the web password hasn't been paid and is withholding their labour?

Or maybe we're not going to announce anymore signings until opening day so as not to tip off the opposition too much

So has the Embargo just finished, or did it never start in the first place?

Asking for a sceptical mate.

Very happy to be proved wrong. I hope the other staff have been paid now as well. Just hoping there is going to be no other surprises and we can have a proper season competing in the league.

Very happy to be proved wrong. I hope the other staff have been paid now as well. Just hoping there is going to be no other surprises and we can have a proper season competing in the league.
On the subject of proof this doesn’t actually prove you wrong.

I didn’t think there was an embargo but I can’t logically claim that this proves me right as this only proves* that by 8pm on Tuesday there wasn’t an embargo. It doesn’t prove that there wasn’t an embargo in place a week ago when terms had been agreed but for some unexplained reason they weren’t announced.

*It doesn’t actually even prove that an embargo wasn’t in place as the Akinola signing was announced in September but he still wasn’t registered by November

Correct but also there is no proof that there was ever an embargo or staff not being paid. There again we don't need proof on here- just the opportunity to believe something is true that part of us would like or fear to be true, and then proceed as if it is.

For me there was never an embargo. And posters who are invariably actually ITK have repeatedly said same.

FWIW (which is not a lot) on staff pay if any were unpaid then it wasn't all. Nothing is clear, and so you are left to believe what you want either way but that doesn't make it so.

Hopefully we can now just close the thread.

And the final piece in the jigsaw drops with the club announcing a sleeve sponsorship deal.

This was presumably wrapped up last night allowing a scheduled 9:30am announcement this morning. Their sponsorship payment presumably allowing outstanding monies to be paid to staff which in turn finally allowed the transfers to be announced, which is why they were announced at such an unorthodox time last night.

And the final piece in the jigsaw drops with the club announcing a sleeve sponsorship deal.

This was presumably wrapped up last night allowing a scheduled 9:30am announcement this morning. Their sponsorship payment presumably allowing outstanding monies to be paid to staff which in turn finally allowed the transfers to be announced, which is why they were announced at such an unorthodox time last night.

I hope they paid in cold hard cash,

On the subject of proof this doesn’t actually prove you wrong.

I didn’t think there was an Non spoken word but I can’t logically claim that this proves me right as this only proves* that by 8pm on Tuesday there wasn’t an Non spoken word. It doesn’t prove that there wasn’t an Non spoken word in place a week ago when terms had been agreed but for some unexplained reason they weren’t announced.

*It doesn’t actually even prove that an Non spoken word wasn’t in place as the Akinola signing was announced in September but he still wasn’t registered by November
All I can think is something had happened and it involved funds. The delay in announcement and alleged staff not being paid doesn't sit right. I hope all staff have been paid up to date and haven't suffered any undue hardship.

So what do Swapsicle do? All I get off twitter is that it's a DEX that gives back. I'm none the wiser - what is a DEX?

So what do Swapsicle do? All I get off twitter is that it's a DEX that gives back. I'm none the wiser - what is a DEX?
A DEX is a decentralised Exchange. So it’s somewhere you can trade without going through an intermediary.

It’ll be cryptocurrencies
Ah right - thanks very much.

I hope we have the cash upfront from the sponsorship then - I'd imagine in general, very risky businesses with a high probability of default, however where swapsicle sits in the range of exchange riskiness I don't know.

Back