• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Angell Delight

Life President
....has suggested we were to sign Bruce Dyer at the end of this week provided a scan on one of his knees came back OK. I don't know how true this is, he says its from a "very reliable source" (he's back again
biggrin.gif
). Bearing in mind this was posted just before Dyer was offered the chance to join Stoke City on trial, infact he played and scored for them last night in their 2-1 loss at Stockport. Despite his goal he was replaced in the 2nd half and according to City fans wasn't that impressive and they doubt he'll be offered anything. Will be interesting to see if this rumour does bear fruit if Dyer is rejected by Stoke.

What puzzles me is why Tilly/Brush haven't been back in for Grant Holt though, they were obviously very interested in him before and its not like we don't have the money given that the Beckett deal was said to be £175k. Rumour has it Dale would let him go for £150k and I reckon he'd be worth that - with the talent and creativity we have on BOTH flanks now it makes sense to have 2 real goalscorers as a front-pairing, Holt would IMHO fit the bill and he's also young therefore if he does well he'd have decent sell-on potential. Besides who else is there now??!

By the way for anyone who reckons we might have a chance with Darius Henderson I personally think not as apparently he is being chased by Watford and Bristol City.

These Dyer rumours just aren't going away are they?
I can see him doing a fair job in L1 but he's not exactly a goal machine is he? I didn't realise he had a dodgy knee either.

Henderson would do us well as would Holt.

It's also interesting to see that the BBC are reporting this morning that Reading & Goater have mutually terminated his contract so how long before those rumours start up again if he can't fix himself up with a Championship team?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ July 27 2005,11:03)]These Dyer rumours just aren't going away are they?
I can see him doing a fair job in L1 but he's not exactly a goal machine is he?  I didn't realise he had a dodgy knee either.

Henderson would do us well as would Holt.  

It's also interesting to see that the BBC are reporting this morning that Reading & Goater have mutually terminated his contract so how long before those rumours start up again if he can't fix himself up with a Championship team?
True that Dyer is not exactly prolific, but i think if fit would do a good job.

I posted a while back that Goater may have to set his sights lower, he may want championship, but does the championship want him??

Still a case of waiting as the speculation goes on. One thing i am glad about is that Tilly does not appear that he will buy or bring anyone in for the sake of it.

as long as we have fredy up front i dont think we need a prolific goalscorer with him. just someone who can hold the ball up and take some of the preasure of eastwood.
incidently beckett is having scans on ligament damage that could mean the end of his season. risky buisness this football game !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ July 27 2005,12:12)]as long as we have fredy up front i dont think we need a prolific goalscorer with him. just someone who can hold the ball up and take some of the preasure of eastwood.
another ian benjamin, thats what we need

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 27 2005,12:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ July 27 2005,12:12)]as long as we have fredy up front i dont think we need a prolific goalscorer with him. just someone who can hold the ball up and take some of the preasure of eastwood.
Whats Ian Benjamin up to nowadays
tounge.gif

Pretty surprise the Brett Angell is coming home rumours haven't started up again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ July 27 2005,12:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 27 2005,12:39)]
[b said:
Whats Ian Benjamin up to nowadays  
tounge.gif

Pretty surprise the Brett Angell is coming home rumours haven't started up again.
Benji scored a cracking goal for Notts County(!) in the Midland Masters a couple of weeks ago.  Received the ball back to goal on the edge of the box, chested it down, swiveled and shot in one movement.  Pure class - brought back many memories.  Perhaps he's available?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ July 27 2005,13:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ July 27 2005,13:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ July 27 2005,12:41)]Whats Ian Benjamin up to nowadays  
tounge.gif
Wasn't he managing a team in Norfolk ?
I think it may be Soham Town Rangers in Cambridgeshire?
Just checked. He does manage STRFC.

See Soham Town Rangers Link

and click on the freewebs link

Back