• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Song for Soccer AM this Saturday

The Late One

Coach
Any suggestions what song could be sung on Soccer AM this Saturday by the SUFC fans of the week.

No we do not want to sing about Borient or the inbreds up the A12 !!

But do we really want to sing about one player
rock.gif

Some suggestions so far...

"With Tilly & Brush, we're going up"
"We were top of the league"
"Lovejoy is a
biggrin.gif
"

Obviously we will not be able to swear on the show

Got to be something to do with going up...

The Tilly and Brush tune gets my vote..

smile.gif

it will lead them to say what a job the 2 have done if u sing it.

how about the eieieio up the football league we go, when we win promotion this is what we'll sing, we are southend we are southend, southend football team. oi! C C C siders CCC siders.

what about an old North Bank favouite ... " The Southend United will never be defeated ..... repeat " from way back in the day. It worked particularly well one game Home to Newport County ( cant rememeber what season !) , we were 2-1 down with 15 to go and won 4-2 !! superb . anyone else remember that game ?? my memorys not what it was , any of you fellow insomniacs wanna fill in the gaps around that game and why it was such a big result ? was it a cup game and winners played Watford ??

the football league is upside down
southend and yeovil are going down
we're going down, we're going down,
the football league is upside down.

tounge.gif

Barrett.. Barrett
ADAM BARRETT
Hes got no hair
but we dont care
ADAM BARRETT

Wonder if "worked their socks off" and "like I say" can get a mention
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Late One @ April 29 2005,00:57)]Wonder if "worked their socks off" and "like I say" can get a mention
biggrin.gif
Not to mention "ever so well".

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ April 29 2005,01:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Late One @ April 29 2005,00:57)]Wonder if "worked their socks off" and "like I say" can get a mention
biggrin.gif
Not to mention "ever so well".
Good old Tilly....!
biggrin.gif

Personally I think we should sing a song about promotion.... E-I-E-I-E-I-O has been pretty damn popular this season (for once!) so I reckon we should go with that, or the 'with Tilly and Brush we're going up' one.

down with the boro
your going down with the boro

or

we're going up
we're going up
your not your not

or

Chamberlin going down
chamberlin Chamberlin going down.

I hate bloody Torquay.

It was many years ago but I thought we were 0-2 down against Newport and Gerry Fell scored a hatrick.......

something for the few..
"I see the CS crew are rising"

[b said:
biggrin.gif
Ok then How about

We're going up
With Tilly and Brush
We're going up
cos we work our socks off

<pause>

Like I Said...........

Were going up
with Tilly and Brush
Were going up
we've done ever so well

<Repeat ad nauseum>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard T @ April 29 2005,07:46)]It was many years ago but I thought we were 0-2 down against Newport and Gerry Fell scored a hatrick.......
Yep, 2-0 down with less than 20 minutes to go. Just a league match, but one of the great games.

Fri 9-Dec Newport County H D4 4 2 Fell(2) Hadley Parker 11 5840

Though like the Bury match, surely 3 or 4 times that number there judging by all the people who remember it. (I was there, btw!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ April 29 2005,08:43)]Fri 9-Dec Newport County H D4 4 2 Fell(2) Hadley Parker  11 5840

Though like the Bury match, surely 3 or 4 times that number there judging by all the people who remember it. (I was there, btw!)
And I wasn't.....

The one year I am away from Gods own county and we get a classic game.

And in the days before teletext etc all I saw was the Newspaper the next day.

I was at Newport away that year though. Being at Uni in Cardiff it wasn't too hard to get there (and we lost 3-0 last game of the season, allowing Newport to avoid re-election)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Late One @ April 28 2005,22:52)]Any suggestions what song could be sung on Soccer AM this Saturday by the SUFC fans of the week.

Obviously we will not be able to swear on the show
So that rules out

'One $%&* is Scunthorpe, there's more than one $%&* in Scunthorpe' then

I suppose 'The Sceptre league is upside down, The Sceptre league is upside down, We're going up with Blackgate Gunners, The Sceptre league is upside down' is out of the question as well ?
laugh.gif

Back