• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Song for Soccer AM this Saturday

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ April 29 2005,09:07)]We want Smith out, say we want Smith out.
Give him a chance, he's had two serious injuries.

Oh !
cool.gif

Show me the way to League one
In this league we're beating teams for fun
dreaming dreams championship glory
when freddy eastwood scores for me

lalalalalalala southend
lalalalalalalala southend
lalalalalalalala southend

when freddy eastwood score for me

All together now

but as they said earlier i think a general one would be better. got to include all the lads as they have all helped us to promotion.
biggrin.gif

they will just have to go through the whole team. sing the xmas one. 1 darryl flahaven, 2 duncan jupps etc etc... remember that one?

To the tune of "Sweet Molly Malone" :-

"In Southends fair city,
Where the refs are so sh*tty/pretty,
I first set my eyes on that wonderful team,
They were beating allcomers,
Col Ewe and the Scummers,
Singing cockles and Shrimpers,
Alive alive-O."

29 luke guttridge's 28 mcormacks 27 blewitts 26 nick morgans 25 james lawsons 24 southends 23 freddies 22 jay smiths 21 stu williams 20 mike kightlys 19 southends 18 cheese wilsons 17 husbands 16 jim corbetts 15 spinners 14 wayne grays 13 flahavans 12 southend uniteds 11 lawries 10 pettefers 9 mark bentleys 8 kevin mahers 7 mark gowers 6 adam barretts 5 ANDY EDWARDS 4 lewis hunts 3 nicolaus 2 duncan jupps and bart griemink in GOAL!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JIMSDAD @ April 29 2005,11:40)]To the tune of "Sweet Molly Malone" :-

"In Southends fair city...
Isn't that an Arsenal song?

"In Dublin's fair city,
Where maids are so pretty,
I first set my eyes on Sweet Molly Malone.
She wheels her wheelbarrow
Through streets long and narrow
Singing:

Ooh to be a
Ooh to be a
Goonah!"

laugh.gif

I have to say, I've always found the image of Molly Malone singing "Ooh to be a... Goonah" highly amusing...

tounge.gif

Sing something Southend related - I'd go for:

"We're going up with Tilly & Brush"

or:

"With an S and an O an a U and a T
An H and an E and an N and a D

U - N - I
T - E - D

Southend United FC!!

Sea-Sea-Sea-Siders
Sea-Sea-Sea-Siders"

Nobody else sings a song like that, not that I ever recall hearing at any rate... why not sing that?

rock.gif

Matt

what about
"southend on sea"
"southend on sea"
"the longest pier ur'll ever see"
"from roots hall to wembley"
"were going to get there eventually"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ April 29 2005,11:55)]what about
"southend on sea"
"southend on sea"
"the longest pier ur'll ever see"
"from roots hall to wembley"
"were going to get there eventually"
First time I was on there we used that one, remember not having a clue when i supposed to sing it.

Remember who ever does the cat walk dont fool for the handshake, only a complete twonk would do that
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ April 29 2005,09:23)]There must be some lyrics we can put to "The way to amerllio" ?
an adaptation of my now defunct LDV effort

Is this the way to win promotion,
Wayne & Freddy causing commotion,
Is this the way to win promotion,
We'll win the league you wait and see.

Sha la la la la la la la(wayne gray)
Sha la la la la la la la (fred-dy)
Sha la la la la la la la
We'll win the league you wait and see

copyright southender2005
cool.gif

Don't forget, some of the Southend Utd's players will be watching the Soccer AM's so we should make them feel proud about playing for Southend & give them every reason to give one final effort for tomorrow. So make sure the song is right for us, Iam looking forward to tune in tomorrow morning.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 29 2005,12:47)]Don't forget, some of the Southend Utd's players will be watching the Soccer AM's so we should make them feel proud about playing for Southend & give them every reason to give one final effort for tomorrow.  So make sure the song is right for us, Iam looking forward to tune in tomorrow morning.
Any way of wangling your way onto the Cartoon Network for the majority of the squad ?

Has to be something Southend specific so that rules out any of the generic promotion type songs.

I'd go for "Longest Pier" although "Oh for Southend is wonderful" would also be good, but probably a bit rude for Saturday morning tele.
biggrin.gif

Back