• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry Steve / Maher - I love you but time to go....

DTS

The Business
too a club where your going to be appreciated.

What a ****ing joke saturday was. Started out well with a good laugh down at Prince Albert near the station, making noise in the pub, train, walk to the ground etc . The game was a disapointment - Mainly due to the fact I feel that we just didnt take our chances. Defensivly we were naive at times and should know better but that is sometihng we can work on - I can almost accept that.

What I cannot accept is some of the abuse dished out at Tilly and Maher. I know a lot of the lads giving it to them and I know they are Southend through and through but sorry lads I think YOU let us down.

What a total embarrsement to have people telling Maher to **** off - Maher having to be pulled back by stewards. Tommy Black and Eric looking on. What sort of advert is this for new players.

We are all frustrated - No one more so than me as I have now got six months worth of stick to endure but calling Maher a **** is not helping.

If any of you really beliEve that we are better off without Tilson or Maher then you need your heads read.

Who exaclty are you going to get to replace Tilson? - Maybe we could do for an untested top player such as Alvin Martin, Ronnie Whelan etc or maybe a journeyman manger who has seen and done it like Alan Little or Steve Wignall as they have both worked so well in the past.

Tilson is Southend through and through - He would ****ing die for this club and yet a small group of people seem intent on houdning him out. For **** sake he is one of ours and should be treated that way. He was given us 3 great years and we have started poorly so we turn on him.Do you just jack the Mrs in if you have a row? - Of course you dont.

And why Kevin Maher stays at this club is beyond me. He has been out best player for seasons now with possible exception of Freddy, been out most sucesesful captain ever, longest serving player and was about the only player to really adapt to championship level.

The reason we are struggling for what its worth in my book is we havent replaced Freddy - Largely because those players dont come along very often. It is not that Tilly is indept.

There were some ****ing disgraces at Brighton on saturday - But in my book they were sitting in the stands rather than out there on the pitch.

Last edited:
Excellent stuff, Dave. Might I suggest we have Maher - we'll manage (ha) without Tilson, though.

top post mate maher gives 110 per cent and we play attractive football, yes we are from time to time be outdone by less skillful teams it will take possibly a couple of seasons before we are ready to challenge for promo im sure the boo boys were only reacting on an immediate response to seeing our side lose the plot but thats football thats why we love it, he ho on we go heads up and start again.....Tilly n brush and maher all the way !

too a club where your going to be appreciated.

What a ****ing joke saturday was. Started out well with a good laugh down at Prince Albert near the station, making noise in the pub, train, walk to the ground etc . The game was a disapointment - Mainly due to the fact I feel that we just didnt take our chances. Defensivly we were naive at times and should know better but that is sometihng we can work on - I can almost accept that.

What I cannot accept is some of the abuse dished out at Tilly and Maher. I know a lot of the lads giving it to them and I know they are Southend through and through but sorry lads I think YOU let us down.

What a total embarrsement to have people telling Maher to **** off - Maher having to be pulled back by stewards. Tommy Black and Eric looking on. What sort of advert is this for new players.

We are all frustrated - No one more so than me as I have now got six months worth of stick to endure but calling Maher a **** is not helping.

If any of you really beliEve that we are better off without Tilson or Maher then you need your heads read.

Who exaclty are you going to get to replace Tilson? - Maybe we could do for an untested top player such as Alvin Martin, Ronnie Whelan etc or maybe a journeyman manger who has seen and done it like Alan Little or Steve Wignall as they have both worked so well in the past.

Tilson is Southend through and through - He would ****ing die for this club and yet a small group of people seem intent on houdning him out. For **** sake he is one of ours and should be treated that way. He was given us 3 great years and we have started poorly so we turn on him.Do you just jack the Mrs in if you have a row? - Of course you dont.

And why Kevin Maher stays at this club is beyond me. He has been out best player for seasons now with possible exception of Freddy, been out most sucesesful captain ever, longest serving player and was about the only player to really adapt to championship level.

The reason we are struggling for what its worth in my book is we havent replaced Freddy - Largely because those players dont come along very often. It is not that Tilly is indept.

There were some ****ing disgraces at Brighton on saturday - But in my book they were sitting in the stands rather than out there on the pitch.

Got to agree with you Dave .

Do you just jack the Mrs in if you have a row? - Of course you dont.

Tempting but that would cost alot more money than going to watch southend.
Seriously though you must have to start doubting tilly's subs and tactics.
2-1 up with 10 to go, you just shore up the back or midfield but he did nothing and then changes like for like players and gives them five minutes. surely tommy black is getting the hump when he does get a game he plays well then gets dropped and bought on for five minutes

Do you just jack the Mrs in if you have a row? - Of course you dont.

Tempting but that would cost alot more money than going to watch southend.
Seriously though you must have to start doubting tilly's subs and tactics.
2-1 up with 10 to go, you just shore up the back or midfield but he did nothing and then changes like for like players and gives them five minutes. surely tommy black is getting the hump when he does get a game he plays well then gets dropped and bought on for five minutes

No you leave it as it is. Surely if you're winning 2-1 with ten to go you're doing something right? why is Tilly blamed for individual misjudgments? And IMO tommy black was poor when he started for us on Tuesday.

I would hope Tilly and Maher are wise enough to know its a minority that hold such opinions of them. Why these morons go to the game, no doubt fuelled by alcohol just to abuse and pick fights, is beyond me. Probably the same lot who pick fights with the away fans and frighten away families from football.

Top post - particularly weird sight was that of a grown man in a Maher shirt aggressively giving the players the finger as they clapped us at the end of the game, sadly he was not alone either. I don't blame Maher for responding in the way that he did, in fact I applaud him for it. Had I just battled my guts out to get 2-1 up only to see the midgets at the back balls it up, I'd have responded in exactly the same way to someone calling me a ****er from the safety of the stands. Our "support" after the final whistle on Saturday was an embarrassment.

I think the argument showed that Maher is the only one who actually gives a toss. (Apart from Sir Adam of course)

totally agree, massive overreaction by everyone. we got a long way to go, still another 42 games...

just think, what would have happened if we'd sacked tilly after our poor start in our league 2 promotion season...

After throwing away a point at Leeds in the last five minutes Saturdays late capitulation was very hard to stomach and emotions were running high at the end. Whilst it is understandably why a few people over reacted it is certainly not helpful and my disgust was shown by not applauding the team at the end for the first time in many years.
I can except poor performances but a lack of commitment or bravery is totally unacceptable in IMHO so seeing Gower make himself unavailable and stand out of the way so their fullback can clear the ball angered me most and was tempted to tell him so through the changing room windows !.

People have different ways of showing emotions. I think a lot of the squad give a toss.
Yeah I suppose, but people on here really **** me off when they moan about Maher. If he was **** he wouldn't have been made captain by feck knows how many managers.

Yeah I suppose, but people on here really **** me off when they moan about Maher. If he was **** he wouldn't have been made captain by feck knows how many managers.

I completely agree with you, i really rate Maher and many opinions on here are absurd IMO.

Seems about right from DtS, slagging players off on SZ is one thing and part of debate ,but at matches is not on.

I am boycotting away matches right now so was not there on Saturday. However, did I read on one of the posts that Trevor Bashford was at the forefront of the Maher bashing? Is he not one of the Trust figureheads, does the talking at the player of the year awards and so on?

If yes, I don't think that is a smart thing to do, and should reconsider his position as on of the Trust leaders. It is not relationship enhancing if true.But I was not there, so someone please comment. Apologies to Trevor for any inaccurate character assasination.

Personally, none of this comes as a shock, I have posted we were a one man team and he has gone. With our budget constraints we are going to have to get lucky to replace Freddy because we won't do it with money,because we won't pay the wages.

Seems about right from DtS, slagging players off on SZ is one thing and part of debate ,but at matches is not on.

I am boycotting away matches right now so was not there on Saturday. However, did I read on one of the posts that Trevor Bashford was at the forefront of the Maher bashing? Is he not one of the Trust figureheads, does the talking at the player of the year awards and so on?

If yes, I don't think that is a smart thing to do, and should reconsider his position as on of the Trust leaders. It is not relationship enhancing if true.But I was not there, so someone please comment. Apologies to Trevor for any inaccurate character assasination.

Personally, none of this comes as a shock, I have posted we were a one man team and he has gone. With our budget constraints we are going to have to get lucky to replace Freddy because we won't do it with money,because we won't pay the wages.

Even still Trevor is entitled to his opinion and I know and I know alot of others will know that Trevor has the club at heart!

Didnt see him there personally and I fully accept he has his views but if this is correct then it does make rather a mockey of the trusts "Help not hinder" tag line.

As I say didnt see him there so cant comment.

Back