• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend SOS Statement

Not interested! Let ron appoint a ceo,give phil brown a 3 year deal! Bring in decent players and let's win the national league!
And it’s that kind of relaxed attitude why we have had back to back relegations and not appointed a CEO in the first place ?‍♂️
Each to their own and respect all opinions

Not interested! Let ron appoint a ceo,give phil brown a 3 year deal! Bring in decent players and let's win the national league!
Maybe Ron should get on the phone to Harry Redknapp again. I bet he knows a few out of work CEO’s
And it’s that kind of relaxed attitude why we have had back to back relegations and not appointed a CEO in the first place ?‍♂️
Taking advice from Redknapp re manager just added more nails to the coffin...

Agree, we need change albeit as Ron's finances are so tied up with his FF dream I unfortunately can't see it happening for a while.

I however fully support the protest and so should all fans. Out of interest should we also direct some of our disgust at the Council who continue to show apathy towards our club and if anything see us as a nuisance and irrelevance?

I'm in! Whilst the fanbase continues to let Ron Martin control the narrative and spin the web of lies that "there hasn't been any interest" and "nobody could do a better job of supporting the club than me", there will never be an alternative way forward. That is why things like this need to happen to raise awareness more widely and to apply pressure through negative (for Ron) publicity.

Maybe Ron should get on the phone to Harry Redknapp again. I bet he knows a few out of work CEO’s
Taking advice from Redknapp re manager just added more nails to the coffin...

I just find it incredible that a Chairman of a football club for 20 years, would even contemplate speaking to him in the first place?.
Surely over many years of running a club, you'd have knowledge of 'who's who' in the Management world, & have gained an insight due to experience?.
But maybe not..........?

Ron might get angry at protest and stay longer just to **** everyone off being the stubborn clown he is.

I don't think it is relaxed, I think it is refreshingly pragmatic. Shouting, chanting and being abusive towards the club's biggest creditor seems mindless in the extreme - particularly with no Plan B. At some point, in order for the Club to reverse its fortunes, all parties are going to need to come together and work for a common goal. I wouldn't be making that even more difficult to achieve at this critical moment than it is already.

I don't think it is relaxed, I think it is refreshingly pragmatic. Shouting, chanting and being abusive towards the club's biggest creditor seems mindless in the extreme - particularly with no Plan B. At some point, in order for the Club to reverse its fortunes, all parties are going to need to come together and work for a common goal. I wouldn't be making that even more difficult to achieve at this critical moment than it is already.
What would you do ?

But its absolutely stupid to think ron hasnt learned his lesson by now! I think the protest u did already will have made him stand up and think! And realise what he now must do

I think it’s very relaxed, you speak as if all parties have not been trying for years now with the club, meeting after meeting and for what? Tell me where it has got us? Lies and dishonesty and treated with utter contempt, when is enough enough? It’s like being in an abusive relationship and always forgiving and running back to the abuser thinking maybe this time they mean it when they will say they will change

If we are protesting ron to go fully then it won't happen....... he apparently close to ff dream becoming a reality so he will just ride it out till then in my opinion.

Back