• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend SOS Statement

If we are protesting ron to go fully then it won't happen....... he apparently close to ff dream becoming a reality so he will just ride it out till then in my opinion.
Of course it’s doubtful it will happen but sitting on our hands won’t change anything either

If RM, egomaniac, can’t see we need to be organised to stabilise in the NL then he deserves all the noise. But it needs to be week in, week out to make him act.

I don't think it is relaxed, I think it is refreshingly pragmatic. Shouting, chanting and being abusive towards the club's biggest creditor seems mindless in the extreme - particularly with no Plan B. At some point, in order for the Club to reverse its fortunes, all parties are going to need to come together and work for a common goal. I wouldn't be making that even more difficult to achieve at this critical moment than it is already.

All the different parties got together and had a long video chat with him, and he didn't give us any indication of the clubs finances or how the new stadium would make SUFC a sustainable football club.

Didn't Albert Einstein say..."insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" ?

I think it’s very relaxed, you speak as if all parties have not been trying for years now with the club, meeting after meeting and for what? Tell me where it has got us? Lies and dishonesty and treated with utter contempt, when is enough enough? It’s like being in an abusive relationship and always forgiving and running back to the abuser thinking maybe this time they mean it when they will say they will change

Just a thought and I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way or personally but maybe the dynamic between the people representing the fans and Ron just didn't work. Sometimes it can be as simple as that. We've all had experience of that I'm sure at work, school or play. I'm not saying Ron is blameless at all and neither does he btw - but we won't change his modus operandi (immediately anyway) - we can however, change ours.

If we are protesting ron to go fully then it won't happen....... he apparently close to ff dream becoming a reality so he will just ride it out till then in my opinion.

Might be wrong here, but the protest isn't about Ron going ( why would he? ), but about the way the club is run, & how all time we are treated like mushrooms?. Kept in the dark & cra*ped on?.
Without us fans, there wouldn't be a club, who knows what his agenda is?.

All far too little and far too late...until Ron Martin departs.. Southend could we'll find themselves in the National League South in a couple of seasons.

They could find themselves lower than that without him of course. Anything is possible as of tonight.

All the different parties got together and had a long video chat with him, and he didn't give us any indication of the clubs finances or how the new stadium would make SUFC a sustainable football club.

Didn't Albert Einstein say..."insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" ?

Yes and an angry demonstration at the away the club is run falls into that category too.

Of course Ron isn't going to see a demonstration and decide he'd best pack up. But a well organised and well attended protest from a significant number of fans always has an impact, especially if its the start of some regular similar action. Just for one afternoon can't everyone just make the effort and join an organised protest so that Ron is in absolutely no doubt as to the strength of our feelings - the very worst impression that we can give him is one of apathy.

With respect, how is he close to the ff dream becoming reality. He hasn't even got planning permission yet ?

Of course it’s doubtful it will happen but sitting on our hands won’t change anything either
I agree pal. I want ron to go as much as any other fan..... he sole reason why we are in national league.

The only way I could see a change is for ron to relinquish the football club itself but keep the assets and work solely on the ff project. That way he will still get his pay day.

Ron only needs the fans for as long as there is a football club. Antagonise him too much and he may just fold the club up. FF will go ahead with or without a stadium.

Ron only needs the fans for as long as there is a football club. Antagonise him too much and he may just fold the club up. FF will go ahead with or without a stadium.

But the covenant on Roots Hall implies SUFC have to have a stadium first, before RH can be built on ? I'm sure if that wasn't there, somebody would have bought SUFC and knocked that down years ago

Back