• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend SOS Statement

If the fans are back home and away COME WHAT MAY ... then perhaps fans do need to accept some of the blame. You can't expect change if you aren't prepared to back up your demand without the threat (and following through with such a threat if necessary) of withdrawing your patronage. The vital stick to the carrot I have been advocating all morning. The nuclear option we hope will never be needed but our only realistic bargaining chip.

with respect we had all this demo stuff back in the days of getting rid of Vic Jobson you must remember the crap that was thrown at him, and we still had thousands at home games, that was the point, if Ron is still here he will not want to have the fans calling for his head during every home and away game for the season

Jobson hated it and it made the fans even louder knowing it was getting to him, so I say get the fans back in the ground and give Ron 90 minutes of **** at every game where possible

In light of our almost certain demise as a Football League Club, hopefully for the short term, here's hoping the call between Ron and Stan went ahead this afternoon, maybe still is and if it did it wasn't a case of:

Stan: Hello Ron, thanks for taking the call.
Ron: that's OK Stan.
Stan: Shall I start the ball rolling then?
Ron: No , I will, cheers for the call. I have nothing to say to you, bye!

That's exactly what it will be and will be conveyed across very clearly by those involved in organising. In short "Change required" ?
It will need to be made very clear to BBC Look East as well @Smithy. Apart from getting a quote from Kerry (v scary) last Saturday they spent their time dwelling on the Ron Out placards.

Don't know what you're reading then.

The most recent statement is a case in point.

"I know people want someone to blame, that is human nature."

Yes of course they do, especially when it is obvious who deserves the bulk of that blame. There is just no humility or self-awareness now.

How about something like "I know you are all hurting at what has happened over the past few seasons. I acknowledge that mistakes have been made and I apologise for the role that I have played in this difficulties. I will work tirelessly to turn it around".

I'm sure that if you printed it off and you asked him to sign it he would. What then? Happy? How does that change things materially?

I have not looked thru all 9 pages so if it has been said, sorry.

Local elections are up soon.
IMO local guv has been a constant delaying and stopper of developments surrounding SUFC.
I questioned my local tory candidate and he was evasive in his answers regarding RH and FF.
I won't for him on the basis I thought he was anti SUFC, certainly not supportive.
BUT which party is?
Please, SOS, if you know share the info.

with respect we had all this demo stuff back in the days of getting rid of Vic Jobson you must remember the crap that was thrown at him, and we still had thousands at home games, that was the point, if Ron is still here he will not want to have the fans calling for his head during every home and away game for the season

Jobson hated it and it made the fans even louder knowing it was getting to him, so I say get the fans back in the ground and give Ron 90 minutes of **** at every game where possible

That's my overriding point though. Demonstrations make the people feel happier in the moment. I'm just not convinced that is the best way for us to help re-build a club we are all proud over the summer and into next season. It makes things more difficult in the short term. And having been relegated out of the EFL time is not on our side. If we aren't back in the next two years I fear for our future tbh.

That's my overriding point though. Demonstrations make the people feel happier in the moment. I'm just not convinced that is the best way for us to help re-build a club we are all proud over the summer and into next season. It makes things more difficult in the short term. And having been relegated out of the EFL time is not on our side. If we aren't back in the next two years I fear for our future tbh.

you have to show your feelings as fans in this way, what alternatives are there for the fans unless they raise enough money to buy Ron out
to re-build the club it has to start from the top, there is not a buyer in sight at the moment to even start the re-build
so sadly I feel Ron will have a staycation in the UK and then go back as if nothing has happened
getting out of this division will be the toughest test for this club, the team needs to have the right approach and leadership from the very first game, sadly these qualities are not always available without a cost to the club, this is a circle of disaster and I can't see how it will be broken at the moment

Just to let people know covenants can be bought sold and cancelled. I paid £1500 to by out most of the restrictions on the Southend property I live in.

By all means protest but don't think a covenant is for ever . It will last until the council need housing or Ron decides to charge the club interest on the £20m debt.

Ron can no more grant planning for a stadium than any of us. Its the council that will decide so if you want Ron gone you would be better of pressuring them with elections just round the corner

For those of you who want Ron to fail or force him to stay at RH...He wont he will still have the land we just wont have a club.

Stop kidding yourselves that this is the same as Blackpool or Orient. Its completely different as they were not moving stadiums and there were not 1300 houses in the deal.....Brentford fans didn't force their chairman out because the council got their finger out, same with Wimbledon....Where as Southend blocked FF by creating the Seaway.

By the way Ron owes me more money than any of you so I have plenty to be angry about but you should also see the bigger picture. The council are pulling everyones pants down, not just us Shrimpers.
What’s Ron owe you then? Jesus Christ he owes a lot of money

Were they the same fans who actively weren't happy with Alan Curbishley for only finishing 7th in the PL..... Charlton fans are just trying to undue the mess they started.

Owen Oyston was convicted of stealing £26m form Blackpool after their trip to the PL as well as rape. He has never paid it back and allowed the club to drop to L2 to punish the fans.

Here's a fact not many of you know. Ron was offered control of Blackpool a few years back.
I think you have made a couple of errors of fact there. Owen Oyston was imprisoned for rape - but that was a quarter of a century ago. The £26m you refer to isn't accurate either, and in any case was a civil matter, not a criminal one. Lastly, if RM was ever offered control of BFC that is the first I have heard of it. Given how hard he tried to fight off Belokon, I find it hard to take seriously.

As an outsider I am not going to shout the odds on here. What I will say is that what passes for management at your club does not seem to be working. The paradigm has to be shifted somehow - and my personal view is that the impetus has to come from you. The fan-led review is not going to come along quickly enough.

We wish you well at Blackpool, and will certainly help if we can.

No chance! Even with the players we have now we wouldent get relegated from the national league to south!!

Those players won't stay, though. I believe most are out of contract. The young decent ones will move on, like the decent ones did the season before and the season before that.

Back