• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

South Upper

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 14 2005,14:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Nov. 14 2005,13:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Nov. 14 2005,12:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Nov. 14 2005,12:32)]no its was in Leeboys block, block V. Although i must stress Leeboy wasnt the ring leader  
biggrin.gif
Sounds like it might have been ORM, though...

tounge.gif
Nope it wasn't Him. He was sat next to me.
Apparently Barrett & Eastwood had poor games  
wink.gif
I bet Maher played well, though...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

There was general consensus around where I was sitting that Eastwood was sh!t !
cool.gif

We had some good natured "sit down" banter going on among our own little entourage but I do remember the incident in question and the offenders were a couple of rows behind us where Lee and I usually sit if the daytrippers stay away.

If I'd known that was you KS I'd have joined in.
tounge.gif

Yep, twice a year I'm forced to sit next to Beaver !
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Nov. 15 2005,08:22)]Yep, twice a year I'm forced to sit next to Beaver !  
laugh.gif
Is that the two times in a year you visit Roots Hall rather than sit in your armchair
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

I feel that a number of posters are confusing abuse with dispair.

I am sure we all groan (and Mts will not object to) comments along the line of "sh!t touch Freddy" "What was he playing at ?" said to the bloke next to us, behind us etc. That is criticism, and in a way conversation as well. What we don't do is snarl at the top of our voice, "Maher you're S**T" etc
Which is abuse and hardly conversation ...

I suppose you can liken it to a compliment about the opposition , "cracking save" or "Great Ball" is just a comment about the play. Standing up and bellowing "F**king Brilliant Trundle" isn't really on....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Nov. 15 2005,09:19)]I feel that a number of posters are confusing abuse with dispair.

I am sure we all  groan  (and Mts will not object to) comments along the line of "sh!t touch Freddy" "What was he playing at ?" said to the bloke next to us, behind us etc. That is criticism, and in a way conversation as well. What we don't do is snarl at the top of our voice, "Maher you're S**T" etc

I suppose you can liken it to a compliment about the opposition , "cracking save" or "Great Ball" is just a comment about the play. Standing up and bellowing "F**king Brilliant Trundle" isn't really on....
Couldn't agree more.
The cries of "How the f*** did he miss that" were universal as Freddy put what appeared to be a sitter of a header into the North Bank.

That is not critiscism, but frustration. I would wager all the players and management feel it as well as the supporters. I accept that paying customers also have the right to criticise, but not abuse.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ Nov. 15 2005,08:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Nov. 15 2005,08:22)]Yep, twice a year I'm forced to sit next to Beaver !  
laugh.gif
Is that the two times in a year you visit Roots Hall rather than sit in your armchair  
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif
I'm only allowed out to play when it's not Leeboy's time of the month.
tounge.gif

As a season ticket holder I take offence to that allegation. Loyal supporter blah blah blah, 1973 blah blah blah, Stuart Brace blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Nov. 15 2005,14:39)]As a season ticket holder I take offence to that allegation. Loyal supporter blah blah blah, 1973 blah blah blah, Stuart Brace blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah.  
wink.gif
You forgot Billy Kellock
mad.gif

Only real loyal supporters remember him
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Nov. 15 2005,09:19)]I feel that a number of posters are confusing abuse with dispair.

I am sure we all  groan  (and Mts will not object to) comments along the line of "sh!t touch Freddy" "What was he playing at ?" said to the bloke next to us, behind us etc. That is criticism, and in a way conversation as well. What we don't do is snarl at the top of our voice, "Maher you're S**T" etc

Nothing more to add to that. totally agree.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Nov. 14 2005,14:12)]In our part of the South Upper (right behind the goal) there is an unwritten law that anyone verbally abusing the players other than in a whisper is killed by a very annoyed Scottish person.
Or sat on by a couple of equally annoyed 'large people'

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Nov. 15 2005,20:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Nov. 14 2005,14:12)]In our part of the South Upper (right behind the goal) there is an unwritten law that anyone verbally abusing the players other than in a whisper is killed by a very annoyed Scottish person.
Or sat on by a couple of equally annoyed 'large people'

wink.gif
Is that you and one other ?

Back