• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southchurch Independent Puts The Boot Into Council Road Projects

Thorpe Groyney

Open your mind
A bit closer to home, in the council elections, amongst the usual guff in the letterbox from all candidates, was an outright allegation of one councillor deciding on a road project scheme to help herself.

Southchurch Independent candidate Mike Wilson stated "At Cuckoo Corner a survey showed that only 4 cars per hour turn left from Priory Crescent into Victoria Avenue. When Anna Waite, the councillor responsible for our roads, was told hardly anybody turns left at this junction she was heard to say "I do."

Now that mature trees have been torn down a new left turn lane will soon be installed. It should be known as the 'Anna Waite Lane'. Mrs. Waite lives in Barling. From there she drives all the way round Priory Park then up Victoria Avenue to her office. Luckily for her the petrol cost is claimed on expenses."

I wonder where the stats to back up such a 'survey' came from? In the meantime it can't be doing the reputation of probably the next Council leader much good if what has been alleged is true.

I only gave the Echo a fleeting look today, but I'm guessing this is the story revolving around the Police becoming involved to investigate these claims?

I use that lane when I take the kids to Priory Park. Also regarding the trees, with all the amount of press given to the mass massacre of the trees in that area, I was surprised to see how leafy Priory Crescent still looks. As I was expecting every single tree in that road to have been uprooted.

Back