• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Airport Expansion

My flights booked for the weekend of the 12th of March so only missing Barnsley away. I did check and it seems PSG are not at home that weekend so may be looking at any other possible options.

There will be one of the lesser teams at home but on a friday night.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/13800867.Hundreds_made_redundant_after_Southend_Aiport_business_goes_under/

Really sad news to hear, I used to do a lot of work with the guys at ATC Lasham and made some good friends. I feel for every single one of them who have just been made redundant out of the blue, like in the article says it would've been nice if they had a heads up.

It's a huge loss for the airport, they were the company that pretty much kept that airport going during their dark days and probably stopped them from turning the airport into a housing development. Let's hope someone comes in quickly takes over and gives those guys a job.... Not likely but I hope for them and their families.

I'm with you on this LB. Often fancied a visit to Carlisle but it's far too long to drive these days, so this will be ace for me and her.

When I say it's 5 hours, it is from where I live. I guess it's at least another hour from Southend. That said, it also means I have to drive an hour to get to the airport, but that is still better than 5 hours with toilet/lunch stops.

When I say it's 5 hours, it is from where I live. I guess it's at least another hour from Southend. That said, it also means I have to drive an hour to get to the airport, but that is still better than 5 hours with toilet/lunch stops.

This is where the revived Southend Airport comes into it's own for us. Five minutes drive from my House.

Back