• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Some friends of ours have just changed over from their current energy provider (gas and electricity) to Southend Energy and reckon they are saving money as a result. I've had a look at the company on the web and have lifted the bit below. Anyone already done this, and are they any good?

Southend Energy
Southend Energy, the new energy partnership between Southend-on-Sea Borough Council and OVO Energy officially launched on Thursday 28th May. Southend-on-Sea residents have saved an average of £253 a year on their combined energy bills by opting for the Southend Energy Fixed pay monthly tariff. The tariffs include much-reduced standing charges, 3% Interest Reward on all credit balances and customers will not be charged exit fees if they later wish to change energy suppliers.

I moved over to Southend Energy a few months back and have saved £s as a result. On the couple of occasions when I've needed to speak to them my phone call was answered quickly by someone somewhere in the UK and the problem dealt with. In summary, I'm impressed.

I switched over a couple of months ago. So far this year we have not had the heating on quite as much as before, so I think their gas is a bit hotter.

Cooking still takes about the same length of time , I think their electricity is about the same though

I switched over a couple of months ago. So far this year we have not had the heating on quite as much as before, so I think their gas is a bit hotter.

Cooking still takes about the same length of time , I think their electricity is about the same though

Thanks Firestorm, as always a bit of truth laced with a bit of bollox. The worst thing was it took me more than seconds to twig. I'm getting old obviously.

Back