• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southminster_Shrimper

Sir Kevin Betsy Fan Club
Match: Southend Utd Ladies vs Beacon Hill Ladies
Venue: Eastwoodbury Lane, Southend
Kickoff: 1:30pm
Conditions: Cold and Windy
SZ Reps: “bluesbloke” and “Southminster_Shrimper”

Match Report: "Southminster_Shrimper"

On a very cold and windy day at Eastwoodbury Lane, “bluesbloke” and “Southminster_Shrimper” watched a much better performance from Southend Ladies this weekend.

Arriving by pedal power and complaining about some chaffing, “bluesbloke” was quickly recruited to run the line at todays game. Given a tiny flag by todays referee, it merely signalled the opportunity for “Southminster_Shrimper” to retrieve and assemble “The Blue Voice” flag. Once planted in the ground, it certainly impressed the ladies!

Anyway, on to the game….

With less than 5 minutes gone, and the first shot for Southend Ladies crashed against the frame of crossbar and post, unfortunately bouncing over for a goal kick. Was this a sign of things to come, quite possibly.

15 minutes in and Southend Ladies take the lead with a Peter Clarke-esque strike from the edge of the penalty area by no 6 (could be Claire but don’t quote me). The ball nestling in the top corner with the keeper having no chance whatsoever.
SUFC Ladies 1 Beacon Hill Ladies 0

Barely 10 minutes later and its almost a repeat….again no 6 taking the opportunity to latch on to a ball bouncing about the Beacon Hill penalty box to once again rifle the ball into the net leaving the keeper again no chance.
SUFC Ladies 2 Beacon Hill Ladies 0

However, Beacon Hill Ladies kept trying to push forward and having some decent possession decided to have their own speculative shot from just on the edge of the penalty area and to the dismay of the SUFC team, it crept into the corner of the goal.
SUFC Ladies 2 Beacon Hill Ladies 1

Again, Southend Ladies picked up the majority of the play in the first half and shortly before half time they found themselves on the attack again. Once again another super strike but this time, Lucy (no 7) is the one to profit from a top corner bullet of a shot. Don’t think these girls do boring goals!
SUFC Ladies 3 Beacon Hill Ladies 1

And its half time and the newly experienced lino has done a reasonable job so far. Personally, I think he just wanted to get out of going to fetch the ball. A task which saw “Southminster_Shrimper” do the most exercise for sometime. At one point, he had wished he had joined in the girls warm up at the start.

Before the restart, Southend Ladies once again make a tactical goal keeper change with Sarah coming out of goal to occupy a defensive role while, “True Blue's” favourite, the captain went in goal.

Unfortunately the second half wasn’t quite as entertaining as the first. For the most part the game was played in the Beacon Hill half of the pitch. Beacon Hill ladies were perhaps struggling with the conditions as the wind was now more against them now in the second half and barely made it out of their own half and certainly had no shots on the SUFC Goal.

Southend Ladies piled on the pressure but alas were unable to finish when in on goal although there were some decent last ditched tackles by the Beacon Hill Ladies to deny Southend.

However, with about 15 minutes left a cross came into the box and while keeper and defender went for the same ball, it was left to the SUFC No 8 (don’t know her name either) to nip in just in front to round both in an excellent move and slot the ball home into the empty net.
SUFC Ladies 4 Beacon Hill Ladies 1

The rest of the half was dominated by Southend Ladies and with some more accurate shooting could have had more.

Final Score
SUFC Ladies 4 Beacon Hill Ladies 1

All in all, some excellent goals from Southend Ladies and a good performance all round. Southend Utd Ladies fully deserved their victory today. Well played....

Lady of the Match: SUFC Ladies No 6
Reason: Great passing play, good defending and 2
excellent goals

Last edited:
And ofcourse, it wouldnt be right not to have "The Blue Voice" in attendance so Southminster_Shrimper brought his flag along....

we definitely need to get a teamsheet next time. all the girls will be admitting to wearing the no.6 shirt!

and as for the abuse that was hurled at the officials. there's no respect in the game nowadays. mind you, i was a bit tied-up posing for the pic...ahem!

top work again s_s. well done girls!!!

Top post SS......and again a pat on your back for your support of the Ladies team. I will right beside you...with my vid cam when i eventualy move home

southminster , aberdeen and bluesbloke :confused:

ahem....excuse me......i am providing a youthful balance to the supporting team.....:p

Plus today, I was ball boy....a role which perfectly suited my youthful exhuberence....:D

Plus today, I was ball boy....a role which perfectly suited my youthful exhuberence....

s_s, does the abbreviation "ffs!" mean anything to you??? :D

it certainly did when the ball went out of play, caught the wind and rolled down the gentle slope for the umpteenth time during the first half of today's game!

and as you know all too well, i couldn't retreive the ball. i was pre-occupied :p

s_s, does the abbreviation "ffs!" mean anything to you??? :D

it certainly did when the ball went out of play, caught the wind and rolled down the gentle slope for the umpteenth time during the first half of today's game!

and as you know all too well, i couldn't retreive the ball. i was pre-occupied :p

Yeah and I liked the way all the SUFC Ladies just looked at me, as if to say "go on then, off you go...go get the ball"....:(

I am starting to feel victimised here.....

1. Stuck in a tree retrieving the ball.
2. Slipped in a ditch retrieving the ball.
3. Expected to fetch the ball while trying to get TBV going at the Ladies game.

Its not fair....:rolleyes:

southminster , aberdeen and bluesbloke :confused:

mmmmmm funnily enough that was not the names i typed......cricko was in there.....communism is rife......where is bluetonic....i demand freedom of speach....

Back