• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Seems like a great idea to me. Nothing ventured nothing gained and all that. At the very least the reps could report back here and their reports would be seen as unbiased. I think it's great that the Trust has reacted in this way.

That's exactly it. It's a shame that both Cricko and mcnasty have too much going on in their lives right now to be able to join in, but maybe one of the moderators who live locally might like to attend?

I think you are misunderstanding what Pubey is saying. A lot of posters on here are 'simply' fans with no intention of being in a formalised group or faction. What they share is a love of Southend.

Sorry No 11 though I partly agree with your reply re the love of SUFC

Many want to knock the Trust because they donot reply soonest, donot divulge information freely, now those who complain have a chance to give up perhaps fours hours of their time and air their grief in public. but rather than do so will continue to knock and moan behind a computer keyboard and make comments about those who give up their own precious time

Its so easy to be brave behind a keyboard rather than face the people you moan about in a civilised public debate

I am not involved with the Trust in anyway, but do get annoyed that certain posters seem to enjoy making bullets to fire, but when the chance is giving to them to go to a meeting they keep quiet, pack mentality or cyber keyboard warrior take your pick

UTS

just a question RE the loan to the club with interest.. as someone who stuck £20 in the bucket when we was on the verge of going skint i would of happily loaned the club/Ron the funds without interest.. i feel adding interest takes more money away from the club.

Thank you to Old Blue Eyes for making contact on behalf of TZ. The whole point of this "get together" is to make contact with other groups and to discuss how we can all work together to the benefit of SUFC. It is NOT an opportunity to ask questions that should be directed to Ron Martin.

We already have TBV, All at Sea, disabled supporters and, I believe, the Exiles represented, now with TZ as well, it only really leaves SZ of the most obvious groups not represented. I believe one or two others were also invited but were unable to attend for one reason or another. To have a meeting without anyone representing SZ would be a sad thing in my opinion.

No Junior Blues? A couple of nine year olds would make more sense than most of us on here.

Many want to knock the Trust because they donot reply soonest, donot divulge information freely, now those who complain have a chance to give up perhaps fours hours of their time and air their grief in public. but rather than do so will continue to knock and moan behind a computer keyboard and make comments about those who give up their own precious time

Its so easy to be brave behind a keyboard rather than face the people you moan about in a civilised public debate

I am not involved with the Trust in anyway, but do get annoyed that certain posters seem to enjoy making bullets to fire, but when the chance is giving to them to go to a meeting they keep quiet, pack mentality or cyber keyboard warrior take your pick

UTS

This is an online message board, this isn't a place to replicate real life, it's a place to discuss Southend, have a laugh, get in debates, assume a persona - whatever you want.

The Zone has rules about what can't be done, but other than that it's a free for all. At least that's my take on it.

Some of my favourite posters are the ones who have maintained a 'persona' or element of anonymity about themselves. Some of my other favourite people on here are those who are just themselves are just like they are in real life.

But why should people act on here like they would in real life? This is a place to fairly freely express yourself without some of the consequences that you'd have in real life. Like on here I can rant about John White being overrated until I'm blue in the face, people can read/reply/ignore whatever - if I did that in real life I'd slowly lose my family and friends.

Complaining that someone on the internet isn't acting like they would in real life is pretty tedious. Respect that people come on here for different reasons.

12932215_internet_tough_xlarge.jpeg

This thread has a similarity to this one http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?82783-Shrimpers-Trust&highlight=Shrimpers+trust where we discussed what the Trust was doing towards the new stadium. That thread ran out of steam and I think this one will as well. It could well be beneficial if SZ did attend the meeting with the Trust, but unfortunately a SZ entity, with a common view and common discussion points for a meeting, does not exist. I have to agree with Pubey, this is an on-line message board only. Individuals from here could attend but they would not represent the rest of the posters on here so I come to the sad conclusion that whatever happens at the meeting, the Trust could paraphrase for SZ readers and then we could have a long thread disagreeing with each other. I'm not wanting to be too cynical but empirical evidence suggests that this is what would happen.

No need to apologise, I was just clarifying what Pubey was getting at. I can't really see any posts on this thread slagging off the trusts efforts, merely providing quite a reasoned view which may assist in their thinking.

As many have said above, the beauty of the zone is that lots of different opinions can be aired. Whilst a lot of the other groups mentioned have specific interests and goals, the things discussed on here is so diverse, I can't see anyone being representative. I'm sure individuals may wish to attend, but they won't be speaking on behalf of many. To gauge the view on here or pass on info couldn't really be easier, given its a public message board.

Oh, and I nominate irate Ian....

just a question RE the loan to the club with interest.. as someone who stuck £20 in the bucket when we was on the verge of going skint i would of happily loaned the club/Ron the funds without interest.. i feel adding interest takes more money away from the club.

FYI, I believe the interest was paid back out of Ron's pocket, not the club's. He insisted on that.

All now resolved, Cockle43 has offered to be part of the meeting. He can put the views over that have been expressed.

Last edited:
sounds like a good positive move this - a meeting of minds between all the different supporters groups

Back