• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-0 Salford City

Thought Seaden looked solid. Gutsy performance and deserves a start against Cheltenham.

Shame some people were trolling him about his weight, really? Let’s not have another Ted Smith situation please. Already ruined one kids career, give this new kid a chance
No problem with Seadon not being a stick insect- when he was really positive coming for that punch clear their was no nonsense and if someone was in the way he was going through them. It must be disheartening when someone who is 22 and third choice at a league 1 club comes in ahead of you. Not to mention that Seadon has the pedigree of playing for England at u16 and u17 levels- Bass hasn’t. If we can bring in an experienced keeper I can understand to an extent.

No problem with Seadon not being a stick insect- when he was really positive coming for that punch clear their was no nonsense and if someone was in the way he was going through them. It must be disheartening when someone who is 22 and third choice at a league 1 club comes in ahead of you. Not to mention that Seadon has the pedigree of playing for England at u16 and u17 levels- Bass hasn’t. If we can bring in an experienced keeper I can understand to an extent.
Bass was 1st choice in league one last season and is 4 years older than Seadon with a lot more league appearances under his belt so I don’t think he will feel to disheartened.

Bass isn’t third choice at Portsmouth at all. He’s only dropped out of their squad because of injury. I’m glad Seadon did well, but turning down the opportunity to sign a goalkeeper who made 25 appearances last season for a top L1 side in favour of playing a youth GK with no experience just because he’s played for England u17 would have been absolutely ridiculous.

Gotta make you wonder a bit about your career, hang around on the bench for one of worst teams in the league, finally get your shot and the boss brings in someone else.

A dilemma - if Harry plays then Callum Taylor is on the bench.
In our position that would be so risky. An emergency loan keeper surely can’t just come in to sit on the bench.
This is exactly it. It's not about Seaden.

It was always going to be the case that Seaden would make way for an emergency loan, this season is all about him learning the game from the bench and being around the squad.

He'll also be second choice behind Oxley's replacement next season unless he can force his way into the team during pre-season, he's not ready yet and he wouldn't be on the bench if emergency loans for keepers didn't exist

Gotta make you wonder a bit about your career, hang around on the bench for one of worst teams in the league, finally get your shot and the boss brings in someone else.

Thats exactly why the boss had to bring in someone in. If we were mid table then Seadon may well have been given a few games. MM simply cannot risk losing points at this stage and would need another keeper. You cant have a emergency loan and not play him so in effect he has to go better (on Paper) than what he has.

But the injured players are;
New Keeper - didn’t play last week
Oxley - didn’t play today
Ranger - didn’t play in the week
So really we only picked up one which is Taylor and maybe Akinola.

MM would’ve been ridiculed if he dropped Akinola. Taylor...maybe you have a case.
So now we will see holmes,mellis start?? Goodship up top with akinola,olyinka? Mm has to use these players it's why they was brought to the club

That injury wasn’t- but I know many will be very keen to pretend otherwise. Yes PC said that and that is true also. It is also true that the moon is round and grass is green. Anyhow everyone will see it different and I suspect it will turn into Groundhog Day so I will avoid the topic having stated my view a couple of times now. I guess we hope that all the injuries turn out to be minor.
DID anyone else notice we seem to win more games when glen penny father does commentary then with paul clarke!! Call me superstitious but theres definitely somthing in it! Hope glens back Tuesday

DID anyone else notice we seem to win more games when glen penny father does commentary then with paul clarke!! Call me superstitious but theres definitely somthing in it! Hope glens back Tuesday
Glenn does Col u often when PC does us and Col u keep losing so it's a dilemma?

I think you’ll find Paul Clark only does home games and Glen Pennyfather away games.

We also seem to do better when we wear light blue in away games - only lost one game I think - at Salford. Light blue stands out a lot more than dull dark navy blue.

A dilemma - if Harry plays then Callum Taylor is on the bench.
In our position that would be so risky. An emergency loan keeper surely can’t just come in to sit on the bench.

Don’t think you’ll be seeing Callum Taylor around as cover

Back