• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-1 York City

We need the new owners to put there hands in there pockets and sign players who will and can get us out of this awful league! Its great giving danny waldron a chance to step up but is he really going to fire us to league 2.
**** me, Waldron has played three games give the lad a chance. He has just started playing full time etc. he made some decent runs and yes needs to learn this league but he is a goal scorer but is feeding off scraps. For me it’s getting game time this year, full pre season and let’s see what happens next season but don’t write the lad off after three games. I’m certain given the chances he will score

I think a lot of people are being harsh on Bridge, we have been playing exactly the same style of football for a good 18 months, lots of sideways passes in midfield then out to the left and expect Jack to perform miracles while marked by 2 / 3 players.

We know exactly what's going to happen so obviously every team in the league does as well and they are set up to defend in mass all the time.

It's a system that worked for a while but surely it's time to change tactics, having 40 of 50 minutes of possession in midfield doesn't win football matches.

UTB 💙
Bridge problem is he over does it. He needs to be more direct and when he does the end product is much better. Try and beat your man once, twice at most but not three or four times. Also use your strongest foot. 4 times yesterday he had the chance to cross with his right then cut back onto his left and didn’t beat the first man. Players are making runs into the box but have no idea when the ball is coming in

Last edited:
We need the new owners to put there hands in there pockets and sign players who will and can get us out of this awful league! Its great giving danny waldron a chance to step up but is he really going to fire us to league 2.
We don't have new owners yet ! Another 6 to 8 weeks before the Council ratify the planning changes and the deal completed.

Nothing has changed. The problem we have had for a few years is we struggle to score sufficient goals and unless it addressed we will struggle to go up next year as well.
The front two you can blame but in reality the service is poor. Everything is down the left and any manager worth his salt has worked out how to stop us.
The problem with nothing from wide areas is, as Paul Clark pointed out on the radio after the game, we create absolutely zero down the middle. Nothing zero.
And we can bemoan not taking our chances and want goals from other areas but, for example, our midfield 3 yesterday have scored 25 goals in over 400 appearances between them- why would we expect them to be regularly converting chances? Or any other player with a similar goalscoring record?
Meanwhile Josh Rees, an attacking midfielder, scored as many is one game yesterday as any of our current CM score in a season.
For me huge priority is an attacking midfielder you will deliver goals and create opportunities- even if it requires a bit of investment.
A very frustrating watch yesterday. No pies. Rubbish burger. No onions. Not sure which was worse…

That one hurt, what has happened to our team spirit since embargo lifted? Just rewatched the goal on NL highlights and noticed Miley and Husin marking no-one towards the edge of the penalty area. John-Lewis stood unmarked in the middle of the 6 yard line to score. Shoulders shrugged as our 2 midfielders traipse back to the halfway line. Come on guys let’s get goalside and defend our goal. Impressed with Crowther, my MOTM, looks a future leader, he gave it 100% but please next time when clean through have a shot at goal. Morton & Miley does not work in this system too similar and too deep. Bridge missed Fonguck aiding him today. How to solve the conundrum and get the team back to winning ways?

Andeng-Ndi 6
Crowther 7 MOTM
Kensdale 6.5
Ralph 6.5
Scott-Morriss 6
Husin 5.5
Miley 6
Morton 6.5
Bridge 6
Cardwell 6
Waldron 5.5

Sandat 5.5
Dackers 5

Overall we looked better than last week, but without looking like scoring. York nicked it at the death with what seemed like their only foray in our half in the second period. Davies should have scored for them in the first half when hit the post. Worrying times when Fylde & Kidderminster are winning each week. Surely we cannot have an easier chance to win next week, away from the pressures of homeland at a cut adrift Oxford City who conceded 7 yesterday? UTB

Last edited:
They've already put £1.5m into the club to buy it and have sanctioned a number of signings. Expecting or demanding to splash the cash is foolish and part of a long-winded reason as to why we are were we are.

That one hurt, what has happened to our team spirit since embargo lifted? Just rewatched the goal on NL highlights and noticed Miley and Husin marking no-one towards the edge of the penalty area. John-Lewis stood unmarked in the middle of the 6 yard line to score. Shoulders shrugged as our 2 midfielders traipse back to the halfway line. Come on guys let’s get goalside and defend our goal. Impressed with Crowther, my MOTM, looks a future leader, he gave it 100% but please next time when clean through have a shot at goal. Morton & Miley does not work in this system too similar and too deep. Bridge missed Fonguck aiding him today. How to solve the conundrum and get the team back to winning ways?

Andeng-Ndi 6
Crowther 7 MOTM
Kensdale 6.5
Ralph 6.5
Scott-Morriss 6
Husin 5.5
Miley 6
Morton 6.5
Bridge 6
Cardwell 6
Crowther 5.5

Sandat 5.5
Dackers 5

Overall we looked better than last week, but without looking like scoring. York nicked it at the death with what seemed like their only foray in our half in the second period. Davies should have scored for them in the first half when hit the post. Worrying times when Fylde & Kidderminster are winning each week. Surely we cannot have an easier chance to win next week, away from the pressures of homeland at a cut adrift Oxford City who conceded 7 yesterday? UTB
Two Crowther’s , think one of them should be Waldron 😉

They've already put £1.5m into the club to buy it and have sanctioned a number of signings. Expecting or demanding to splash the cash is foolish and part of a long-winded reason as to why we are were we are.
You can also add that Ron is still here, so why should the consortium invest/spend more than they have already. If the deal falls apart for some reason, the consortium members have each lost alot of money trying to save our club.

Nothing has changed. The problem we have had for a few years is we struggle to score sufficient goals and unless it addressed we will struggle to go up next year as well.
The front two you can blame but in reality the service is poor. Everything is down the left and any manager worth his salt has worked out how to stop us.
The problem with nothing from wide areas is, as Paul Clark pointed out on the radio after the game, we create absolutely zero down the middle. Nothing zero.
And we can bemoan not taking our chances and want goals from other areas but, for example, our midfield 3 yesterday have scored 25 goals in over 400 appearances between them- why would we expect them to be regularly converting chances? Or any other player with a similar goalscoring record?
Meanwhile Josh Rees, an attacking midfielder, scored as many is one game yesterday as any of our current CM score in a season.
For me huge priority is an attacking midfielder you will deliver goals and create opportunities- even if it requires a bit of investment.
A very frustrating watch yesterday. No pies. Rubbish burger. No onions. Not sure which was worse…
I agree but an attacking midfielder who has played In the football league not another scouting hopful from John still.

**** me, Waldron has played three games give the lad a chance. He has just started playing full time etc. he made some decent runs and yes needs to learn this league but he is a goal scorer but is feeding off scraps. For me it’s getting game time this year, full pre season and let’s see what happens next season but don’t write the lad off after three games. I’m certain given the chances he will score
Im not writing him off just yet,I'm just saying if he doesn't get get us the goals needed then we have to look for a football league or former league player with proven quality who can.I mean it's great john still searching the lower leagues for players to save on wages but there will come a time when the new owners will have to sign tried and tested players who have the quality to get us out of this horror league.

Back