• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-1 York City

Fortunately we are playing Oxford City next Saturday. They have just been muellered by Daggers and hopefully will still be shell shocked.

At the moment we're not good enough to stay up. We need those three points.
Playing Oxford City on plastic could be just the wrong thing right now! Both Cardwell and Scott Morris took knocks that left them limping on Saturday! Playing on that surface is not timely!

It's easy to look like you are defending well when the opposition appear are told not to shoot.
I thought their lads at the back generally did very well. There weren't many crosses that we got to first and on one of those exceptions that saving header (from Cards' goal-bound one) that their defender got to late in the second half was very impressive.

Maher and co need to up their game also, change of tactics and yes stop being so loyal to the players, if they not performing drop them, give others a chance, Myself i would give Bridge a rest ,he is half the problem. play a back 3 of Kensdale , Crowrher ,Taylor if fit and El capitano out on the Left flank. everyone loves Miley but his side way passing is not helping the team, i Believe Mortons is more valuable to the team because of his range of passing skills ,would also give Wood a run as an attacking midfielder and give Husin a restPerhaps and i will get criticised for this give Miley a rest bring in COKER to partner Morton in the defensive midfielder roll.

We need the new owners to put there hands in there pockets and sign players who will and can get us out of this awful league! Its great giving danny waldron a chance to step up but is he really going to fire us to league 2.
That’s all well and good but who knows how much investment is required in non team matters. You then have to consider next season and the league you start in. Going to be hard attracting players to join a relegation battle.

Playing Oxford City on plastic could be just the wrong thing right now! Both Cardwell and Scott Morris took knocks that left them limping on Saturday! Playing on that surface is not timely!
It certainly makes them a stronger proposition, parking can be a big issue especially on a Saturday.

I thought their lads at the back generally did very well. There weren't many crosses that we got to first and on one of those exceptions that saving header (from Cards' goal-bound one) that their defender got to late in the second half was very impressive.
The problem is we weren't getting early balls in, and as a result they had plenty of time to get set, pick up markers and of course CM arriving late in the box unmarked and into space isn't our thing. We kind of rely on the WBs doing that.

Maher and co need to up their game also, change of tactics and yes stop being so loyal to the players, if they not performing drop them, give others a chance, Myself i would give Bridge a rest ,he is half the problem. play a back 3 of Kensdale , Crowrher ,Taylor if fit and El capitano out on the Left flank. everyone loves Miley but his side way passing is not helping the team, i Believe Mortons is more valuable to the team because of his range of passing skills ,would also give Wood a run as an attacking midfielder and give Husin a restPerhaps and i will get criticised for this give Miley a rest bring in COKER to partner Morton in the defensive midfielder roll.
Not sure playing two defensive midfelders makes much sense. Either both need to rotate and get further forward, or one needs to be played further up- but not sure the stats say that's their strength. Wes is more attack minded creatively- but not to bring any goals himself (the stas say that over a number of years and his finishing is not his strong suit). Coker has a shot on him and has potential as an attacking MF role, as does Noor. But again the stats say this isn't a strength....better a round peg in a round hole...

That’s all well and good but who knows how much investment is required in non team matters. You then have to consider next season and the league you start in. Going to be hard attracting players to join a relegation battle.
But we are southend united.

Back