• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't think anyone else has mentioned it , but did anyone else in the North Bank see that on 2 occasions Creswell wanted to pass back to Smith and Smith REALLY didn't want it. The first time led to Creswell giving away a corner when Smith could have cleared it, and the second Creswell ignored him and passed it back anyway. It didn't give the impression of a confident keeper. I am not knocking him- just stating what I saw and how I interpreted it.

Have to agree with that, didn't come across as confident at all.

Hopefully that will change with time.

Made hard work of a win v 10 men. It was a hot day...KEEP THE BALL! Too many players guilty of giving it away too easily, especially in midfield.
Our best player is an 18 year-old kid on loan from Watford, which is the really worrying thing for me.

Made hard work of a win v 10 men. It was a hot day...KEEP THE BALL! Too many players guilty of giving it away too easily, especially in midfield.
Our best player is an 18 year-old kid on loan from Watford, which is the really worrying thing for me.

Why is that worrying? Here is a lad with a lot of skill and potential. He is signed to a club in the championship and we are a L2 team. We have loaned him because he is good.

I guess the Everton fans were thinking the same thing about Rooney then back in the day. Our best player is a 16 year old, that's worrying.

At the risk of getting absolutely flamed for this...

As promising as Assombalonga is, he scored two on Saturday and that is about all. His link up play with Tomlin wasn't anywhere near as good as it had been against Wycombe or the Wombles and he got caught in possession 4 or 5 times. By his own admission he was being a bit greedy. He can't last a game yet and if he hadn't got the goals, everyone would have been saying how ineffective he was.

Now I'll take two goals from someone who didn't have the best game ever all day long, but the point is that he is not as amazing as everyone thinks. Too good for us, but he can play better than he did last weekend and if he got his decision making more correct he would be awesome.

Let's just not heap too much pressure on him at this stage.

Great promise, timely goals, but our best player? No.

At the risk of getting absolutely flamed for this...

As promising as Assombalonga is, he scored two on Saturday and that is about all. His link up play with Tomlin wasn't anywhere near as good as it had been against Wycombe or the Wombles and he got caught in possession 4 or 5 times. By his own admission he was being a bit greedy. He can't last a game yet and if he hadn't got the goals, everyone would have been saying how ineffective he was.

Now I'll take two goals from someone who didn't have the best game ever all day long, but the point is that he is not as amazing as everyone thinks. Too good for us, but he can play better than he did last weekend and if he got his decision making more correct he would be awesome.

Let's just not heap too much pressure on him at this stage.

Great promise, timely goals, but our best player? No.
trouble is as the saying goes he got 2 goals and forwards are paid to do that even if their alround game was rubbish, on another day and with a bit of better finishing he could of had 4 or five, forwards can get away with the odd goal and not be involved to much in the game and all will say, what a good player he looks eh.

The Assombalonga love in is quite reminiscent of the one we had for Theo Robinson several years ago!

Back