• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United in talks with striker and chairman Ron Martin hopes to clear embargo next week

..........and be unable to replace them as we may still be under an embargo.

I am at the stage where if I was offered non-league football but a new Chairman then I would take it in a heartbeat.

Ron has drained the joy and the hope of watching my Team from me.

Merry Christmas you ****.

If they did leave and weren't replaced we'd be left with a very thin squad, even for us.

If they did leave and weren't replaced we'd be left with a very thin squad, even for us.
Has it not already been explained to us that during a transfer window we are allowed a min 23 in the squad embargo or not. So as per in the last window we would be able to replace leavers (incl. with those signed not yet registered).
As it happens I think the embargo will gone before Jan- whether its this week? Well who knows..

Has it not already been explained to us that during a transfer window we are allowed a min 23 in the squad embargo or not. So as per in the last window we would be able to replace leavers (incl. with those signed not yet registered).
As it happens I think the embargo will gone before Jan- whether its this week? Well who knows..

Let me jump on the back of that more positive post.

Fingers still very much crossed for the embargo being lifted in the near future.

And I haven't given up the fight yet - although it would seem a number of posters on here have.

Perhaps that is a little unfair and the posts (even with the unnecessary abuse of individuals) is a reflection of the fustration - a fustration that everyone is feeling.

But at the end of the day (or 5:45 on a Saturday) I'll still be supporting the team and the club as best as I can.

There comes a time when the captain of the ship has to admit the ship is going down and deploy the life boats.

All this force optimism is dangerous to me and does nothing for the moral of the fans.

For **** sake Ron, just come out and tell us the crack! If we are dead in the water, so be it.

Don't lie to our faces and tell us there is hope and then not deliver. That is more detrimental to the fans mental wellbeing.

This is interesting, 15 clubs didn't their tax last month daily mail link the article suggests that the HMRC aren't enforcing embargos on those clubs though

Let's hope Ron can get a call in to HMRC so that we have enough time to register Hart and Akinola, and sign and register this other striker...FFC.

Good to see the 50m for L1 and L2 is a grant now, no loan element. Will £250,000 plus whatever else Ron can claim be enough to clear the embargo?

Good to see the 50m for L1 and L2 is a grant now, no loan element. Will £250,000 plus whatever else Ron can claim be enough to clear the embargo?
There is a loan element.

If you ask for a monitored grant over the initial grant then that is subject to conditions on salary and transfers etc, if you breach that then the monitored part is repayable as a loan

I doubt Donald has any intention of paying our way out of the embargo. He wants EFL to drop the embargo as per what they’ve said they may do. Problem is we are not in an embargo due to COVID but because our chairman is a plonker so good luck with that.

That is really badly worded.it is very unclear n exactly we will get any money

As I understand it, each League 2 club will receive £250,000 PLUS a share of £15m based on estimated loss of gate receipts. In spite of the fact that our playing record has been dire over the last few seasons, the attendances have not been as bad so we should be in with a chance of a decent figure to cover the lost gate receipts. In addition to this, we can apply for a "monitored" loan, which cannot be used for transfer fees or player wages.

Back