• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United smaller Fossetts Farm stadium plans held up (Feb 23)

I really can't understand why the club doesn't say something along the lines of "geo environment are on the FF site today doing..........whatever it is they are doing".
Especially as there already is a long report about the land on file. Is this the additional information asked for

Last edited:
I really can't understand why the club doesn't say something along the lines of "geo environment are on the FF site today doing..........whatever it is they are doing".
Especially as there already is a long report about the land on file. Is this the additional information asked for
Why would the club make a statement on something as pointless as this?

It sounds like it’s just environmental checks which probably forms part of the conditions the council still require from the club.

Hardly significant breaking news really is it

Why would the club make a statement on something as pointless as this?

It sounds like it’s just environmental checks which probably forms part of the conditions the council still require from the club.

Hardly significant breaking news really is it
It’s just an example of easy comms to keep fans informed, which the club could do (and lots of other clubs would do) but aren’t. Why wouldn’t you keep fans in the loop even a little bit?

It’s just an example of easy comms to keep fans informed, which the club could do (and lots of other clubs would do) but aren’t. Why wouldn’t you keep fans in the loop even a little bit?
When have the club ever done that? They only managed a pathetic two paragraph statement after the recent tax bill was finally cleared

There are so many planning conditions the club needs to meet for a development this size that they would be forever putting out statements on the smallest of news that won’t really have any real significance on the development.

A lot of clubs, in fact every other club is much much better at communicating with their fans than Ron yes, but as i said, I would argue that other clubs wouldn’t put out a statement on something like just an environmental check

Last edited:
When have the club ever done that? They only managed a pathetic two paragraph statement after the recent tax bill was finally cleared

There are so many planning conditions the club needs to meet for a development this size that they would be forever putting out statements on the smallest of news that won’t really have any real significance on the development.

A lot of clubs, in fact every other club is much much better at communicating with their fans than Ron yes, but as i said, I would argue that other clubs wouldn’t put out a statement on something like just an environmental check
Saying the club have never communicated properly as a reason for not doing so now or going forward is a bit facile to be honest.

On the specific comms that could have happened here, I’ve looked at the official sites of other clubs doing development work and yes they very often do include this kind of update. It’s a good thing to do.

Yes, there are many other areas of communication that need improving - often far more important ones - but we aren’t discussing those here and the lack of output in those other areas doesn’t mean that there’s no need or benefit in updating on the on site works for the stadium.

Had a walk along Fossets Way. The training ground is coming on, the grass is longer and greener. Best leave it to next season which I think is the plan. The Anglian water pumping station has Martin Out in rather anaemic blue with a much larger "Martin" in black paint but no "Out". The social housing estate on the roundabout is coming on, their hording which they've had to repaint twice is untouched.
The Geo Environmental vans were still there but this is not part of Fossets Farm site, it's Homes England or whatever it's called.
I went up to the Fossets site and stood where the roundabout will go. As a lay person, it seems to me that this cannot be built until some major earth moving as there is a 10 foot? dip immediately beyond the pavement. So my amateur feeling is that the builders need to start from the south, demolish B&L and then start the earth moving and groundworks. In fact all the boring stuff needed before getting down to the building. There is loads of scrub needs to come out. Really can't see anything happening until the close season.

A few more documents added to the Rochford council planning site by Powerhaus (Ron's planning agents) covering landscaping of the training ground. Biodiversity and all that. It looks like comments for the amendments to the plan for the temporary training buildings is end of this month. Hopefully it will be eventually granted and the buildings can be delivered and work start on the main site. Rest assured I will be stalking around Fossets Way and will report back as and when.

A few more documents added to the Rochford council planning site by Powerhaus (Ron's planning agents) covering landscaping of the training ground. Biodiversity and all that. It looks like comments for the amendments to the plan for the temporary training buildings is end of this month. Hopefully it will be eventually granted and the buildings can be delivered and work start on the main site. Rest assured I will be stalking around Fossets Way and will report back as and when.
Thanks for this - would you mind sharing a link to this please?

Don't forget you don't need to live in Rochford to add a comment of support

Google thinks it’s about 23 minutes! I reckon less - 10-15 mins should be enough for most folks. Also, Fossetts Way is a bit further technically as there should be an access footpath from the Sutton Road / Eastern Avenue roundabout.

View attachment 25431
Yeah the main "Supporters Way" entrance will be just next to the fire station on Sutton Road. If you take that route it will be pretty much bang on 1 mile from Prittlewell Station, or 15-20 mins general walking pace to the turnstiles. Double that after a few in the Railway pre-match!

Why did W Ham take on a 60k stadium when they only ever pulled in 35k odd.We used to pull in well over 10k in the old div 4 and the area has grown substantially since the 70s.The club could easily if in the championship cope with a 20k + stadium.The first build will always be the cheapest instead of the ..we can always add on later attitude.If we ever get back in the league and experience cup runs those Extra 6k of seats generate big income . Will be one hell of an odd stadium with so many living in it on match days
Because it was cheap (and they only rent it)

Well there I was returned from my aunt's funeral in Oxfordshire,(have I told you today how much I hate Boring ****ing Wood) and am told they've started clearing FF without telling me. I went down this morning. A bulldozer doing its things and a large digger on standby. Most of the scrub has gone as is the one big tree. They've cleared the site for the gateway building that side of Fossets Way. I could not see if the plant was PG site services as they were on the edge of the training ground. There is the remains of an old agricultural building still standing but I guess not for long. So as far as I'm concerned it's all started.
Now it's cleared it is clear how massive the site is.

Last edited:
Back