• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v AFC Wimbledon

Its dire, we have no clue, and in most of the team no desire to actually play a team game. This is in reality Ron, playing to a fans favorite then the rot set in.

What happened to the "pin up on the dressing-room wall what that ex-player said about Southend's shortcomings"?
I backed you today, thinking foolishly that might have motivated your team. New man, preferably Sol Campbell, has his work cut out.
Good Luck to him.

I’ve tried to stay hopeful and tried to look at the positives but after Accrington, Gillingham and now this, we’re going down. So whoever said we need a manager who’ll get us out of league 2 was right, as we can’t even beat the team one place above us at home. In fact, we lose 1-4. I’m honestly at a loss, no team this bad defensively can survive. We’re royally f*cked. We need players who can tackle, close down, hold their lines, follow instructions. We need a battling midfield general and we need experienced ballsy centre backs. We’re woefully short of these sort of players. I’m not sure Larsson or Barrett fit the bill. Campbell, well he did it at Macclesfield but I’d love to see their defensive record before he took over. Even the best defensive coach in the world would struggle to address this.

I am actually starting to think you must be on something strong..

Sorry, not sorry..

Show me one person who activity goes to a game or whatever and doesn’t support the team them claim to support..

Stop trying to be some sort of top blue muppet and accept that we are absolute garbage at the moment and I’m sorry if that offends you but **** it.

I said weeks back bring in Timlin, his legs might be gone but by Christ he would be an upgrade on what we have. I’m 100% sure our frailties are in midfield, last season we were weak as there and got pummelled, Dru went from world beater to wet weapon because the personnel around him changed to the worst we have ever had. We limped through the season and barely stayed up.

We then bring in other substandard midfielders and our defence, which although poor is completely unprotected and our forward of which we know can hit the net have Nil creation. The transfer window has killed us, not being able to stem the real issue means we will be down before Xmas. We might as well blood that litre winger who’s name I can’t spell and just play those who we can build a team around in league two. No more Hyam, Mantom, Hamilton, Dieng And I’m close to chucking Milligan in with that lot - none of them will be here next season and none of them will help this season.

I said weeks back bring in Timlin, his legs might be gone but by Christ he would be an upgrade on what we have. I’m 100% sure our frailties are in midfield, last season we were weak as there and got pummelled, Dru went from world beater to wet weapon because the personnel around him changed to the worst we have ever had. We limped through the season and barely stayed up.

We then bring in other substandard midfielders and our defence, which although poor is completely unprotected and our forward of which we know can hit the net have Nil creation. The transfer window has killed us, not being able to stem the real issue means we will be down before Xmas. We might as well blood that litre winger who’s name I can’t spell and just play those who we can build a team around in league two. No more Hyam, Mantom, Hamilton, Dieng And I’m close to chucking Milligan in with that lot - none of them will be here next season and none of them will help this season.
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head there with Dru and I would’ve liked to have kept him.

I think we could be committing fraud by calling ourselves Southend United Football club
There is no football actually being played.

Sorry, not sorry..

Show me one person who activity goes to a game or whatever and doesn’t support the team them claim to support..

Stop trying to be some sort of top blue muppet and accept that we are absolute garbage at the moment and I’m sorry if that offends you but **** it.
Actively* :Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap: Sorry ‘Mister’, I’m losing too many brain cells in attempt to read your responses. I can only guess that you have never heard of punctuation, or positivity for that matter. Sorry, not sorry.

Actively* :Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap: Sorry ‘Mister’, I’m losing too many brain cells in attempt to read your responses. I can only guess that you have never heard of punctuation, or positivity for that matter. Sorry, not sorry.

The good old “I’m taking bollocks and have nothing worth saying so I’ll bash someone for their punctuation”.

The Dick Bate era didn't last for long of course.What was it six matches?

I remember it lasting until just before Sept. 22nd, '87 - the day we beat Derby in the 1st Leg of whatever the League Cup was called then. We had two draws to start off - away at Bury and then home v Chester before an atrocious run, i.e. the 8-1 defeat v Gills, the 6-2 pummelling at Notts Co., a 4-1 loss at Port Vale and a home defeat to Brentford 3-2. We won a League Cup (? sic) game in that time but I forget against who - so I make it 7 games.

Back